Gymphobics

i hate going, well i hate the actual walking in, once im on im fine.
i guess visit a few gyms first see which u like best

There is so much that you can do at home if you don't like going to the gym without having to spend loads on gym equipment and it would be loads cheaper than joining a gym.

The only benefit I got from being a member of a gym was the leisure part (the pool, sauna etc) which was nice after running or something - an expensive swim mind at £40 a month.

It depends on how easy it is for you to go the gym really - so many join though and then don't get the most out of their membership.

I used to hate the gym but as I have to get fit for a BB grading I decided to join. I love it now, I go to the council run centres so it's only £35 a month and a lot of people there are in the same boat as me so no one is staring or anything. I love to do a 90 minute session followed by a 45 minute swim. When you have joined and set your personal programme you can just walk in and get on with it and ignore everyone else! I'd rather people saw my arse wobbling in the gym that saw it wobbling in to a fast food outlet to get a burger! At least I am doing something about it while I am at the gym!

As Taz says, no-one will be looking at you - and my experience of aqua fit is that it's all women anyway - most of whom are either overweight or just had babies so not that many lovely toned bodies lurking..

Give it a go. Don't let you fear of what other people will think put you off doing what you want to do. x

Reactions: Taz
As Taz says, no-one will be looking at you - and my experience of aqua fit is that it's all women anyway - most of whom are either overweight or just had babies so not that many lovely toned bodies lurking..

Give it a go. Don't let you fear of what other people will think put you off doing what you want to do. x
When I went to Aquafit it was mostly women who were overweight, pregnant/new mums, or elderly. Our instructor was even overweight herself! Go for it

Back