Gymphobics

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by not_lar_croft, 29 March 2009 Social URL.

1. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Anyone on here a member of Gymphobics? I am thinking of joining but not sure so if anyone goes can they let me know if it is a good place to join?
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i hate going, well i hate the actual walking in, once im on im fine.
    i guess visit a few gyms first see which u like best

4. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    There is so much that you can do at home if you don't like going to the gym without having to spend loads on gym equipment and it would be loads cheaper than joining a gym.

The only benefit I got from being a member of a gym was the leisure part (the pool, sauna etc) which was nice after running or something - an expensive swim mind at £40 a month.

It depends on how easy it is for you to go the gym really - so many join though and then don't get the most out of their membership.

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I used to hate the gym but as I have to get fit for a BB grading I decided to join. I love it now, I go to the council run centres so it's only £35 a month and a lot of people there are in the same boat as me so no one is staring or anything. I love to do a 90 minute session followed by a 45 minute swim. When you have joined and set your personal programme you can just walk in and get on with it and ignore everyone else! I'd rather people saw my arse wobbling in the gym that saw it wobbling in to a fast food outlet to get a burger! At least I am doing something about it while I am at the gym!

Less Rotund One likes this.
  6. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I love to have a go at aqua aerobics but wouldnot want anyone to see me in a costume!!!!

7. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    As Taz says, no-one will be looking at you - and my experience of aqua fit is that it's all women anyway - most of whom are either overweight or just had babies so not that many lovely toned bodies lurking..

Give it a go. Don't let you fear of what other people will think put you off doing what you want to do. x

Taz likes this.
  8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    When I went to Aquafit it was mostly women who were overweight, pregnant/new mums, or elderly. Our instructor was even overweight herself! Go for it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.