Had a total meltdown today :'(

Wisney

I was doing FINE then work today was really laborious (I had to take so many deliveries and the physical work literally made me want to pass. out.) and I was so faint and I just went to McDonalds and then got a bar of chocolate. I felt instantly better then i felt like ****, I felt so, so guilty. I can't believe on my third day, probably right on the brink of ketosis, and I completely messed up. I just don't want this to be a pattern, I can't see why I just can't control myself :(

Awww hun.... Try not to beat yourself up about it hun!!!

Just start over!!!! You've not failed until you stop trying!!!!!

Just get right back on it with your evening pack.... Dont let a 'bad meal' turn into a bad week/month!!!

You can do it hun!!!

XXX

^ I know you're right :( I need to just dust myself off and try again. It was the lack of energy, that's what just tipped me over. If today had been an easy day at work, I think things wouldve been completely fine. You're right tho, you can't fail until you stop trying

Just get right back up.... I've slipped up more times than i can remember on my journey!! But i will NOT give in.... I will be slim but i am only human...

Just get right back on the wagon!!!

X

Ok, I trust what you tell me, I'm gonna just get right back on the wagon. You've lost a huge amount of weight, so I know you know what you're talking about!!!

Lol... You can do it hun.... You've just got to learn from these things....

It'll teach you the situations when you turn to food....

Try to keep positive hun!!! You can do it!!!

X

Hey wisney
I know it's easy for us to say but don't beat yourself up because you know if it was the other way round u would be saying the same to us and we would feel cr*p too. If it makes you feel better I know exactly how you feel and have been there many times this is 3rd time found for me and there are days that you use more energy and you feel faint etc - I'm having one today my legs have been like jelly all day.

What I tend to find helps me is either an extra shake or some plain chicken and both wouldn't take you out of ketosis.

But I tell you that the majority of us on here have at least one slip up if not more and as has already been said you have only blown it when you give up. Keep going and you will get into ketosis on no time
Xxxxx

I was doing FINE then work today was really laborious (I had to take so many deliveries and the physical work literally made me want to pass. out.) and I was so faint and I just went to McDonalds and then got a bar of chocolate. I felt instantly better then i felt like ****, I felt so, so guilty. I can't believe on my third day, probably right on the brink of ketosis, and I completely messed up. I just don't want this to be a pattern, I can't see why I just can't control myself :(

Its ok I am having one of those days too! I've been really stressed about an essay I'm writing, half way through it have gotten stuck and I need an academic essay I found but I have to pay £23 for it. Needless to say my account is empty for the next three days so I'm having a bit of a temper tantrum.

So I ate a big bag of white chocolate buttons, two creme eggs and something else but can't remember.

But the difference for me is that, I don't hate myself for it. Usually I'd get mega down and then carry on the binge. But once I had gotten it out of my system I felt rather calm. So yes, I'm back to square one but I'm not hating myself for it. Which I think shows my state of mind is changing.

So... I'm drinking lots of water, I'll have a shake later and be back on it tomorrow. Obviously having that food has now made my stomach want more food but must resist!

Thankyou guys for your support :) Honestly, this is the best forum I've ever been on. You are right, i guess everyone has had a slip up at some point.

JessicaRabbit, ur right, I would be saying the same if it were the other way round, lolll! And Abigail, I think ur right also, beating myself up about it isnt going to help. I've stopped eating now and have calmed down and I think I'm just going to have some water for the rest of today and see if I feel like a shake later.

What I wanted to ask people, is if it is possible to have a sugar free Red Bull and still stay in ketosis? There will be other times when I'm at work and I have to do a lot of physical work, and I can't really eat at work, so a quick dirnk would be a lot easier just to keep my energy going.

You won't need it babe When u hit kEtosis!

Not sure of red bull ingredients but I can't see it being allowed x!

Is ketosis really that energizing? I wanna believe I'll be bouncing around with energy, but I am skeptical, lolll. Sugar Free Red Bull is sweetened with aspartame, and obvs has caffeine in it. I think supermarket brands have 0g of carbs in them. Surely it'd be ok :S

Dear Wisney,

Be kind to yourself, pick yourself up and dust yourself down. Given the nature of your work, you may need an extra shake (or half a shake) to keep you going on days when you are really phsyically active. Our GP tells us to do this, and syas it is much more preferable to being exhausted or faint.

Try it and see what works for you.

Honestly its brill the buzz u get!!!!!

Maybe email SS and. Ask em about the redbull!!! They nor€ally get back pretty. Quick! X

Ok, I'm going to start again tmrw and take it really easy over the long weekend and hopefully, I'll go into ketosis by monday and then I'll find the energy that all of you are raving about, lolll. I won't believe it til it happens to me! I will e-mail slim and save now and ask :)

I am never a morning person and have found I get up early now thanks to ketosis. I am also not as tired as I used to be. That 3 o clock slump also doesn't affect me.
I have emergency stash in my bag. Choc Truffa bar and a shakemix. If I am out and about I can usually get hot or cold water?
Good luck with it!

^ Omg I totally went to bed early and woke up early today feeling not tired at all, for the first time ever I think, lolll. I guess the lack of sugar and carbs made me rest better

This really IS a great forum. Always someone to give advice and support. I think the words "you havent failed until you stop trying" are fantastic.

Glad to hear it! Good luck it's all worth it in the end!
:D

Glad you got back into it! Ketosis really does make you feel very mad! lol.. I remember on Atkins years ago, after 4 day of headaches, the fog cleared and I couldn't find enough to do.. :p hoovering, cleaning both cars, washing windows etc.. I was on a massive buzz..

I'm on day 2 today and can't wait to get past the initial dizzyness etc.

Good Luck xx

Back