had my virtual gastric band operation tonight

frenchfancy

I have been a serial yo yo dieter for over 30 years. I have done weight watchers, slimming world, rosemary connley, local slimming club, Lighter life, cambridge diet and exante. I had a session of hypnosis a number of years ago to lose weight but to no avail.

I then heard about the virtual gastric band and decided it was worth exploring further. I decided to choose a system that I did at home with downloads for me to use as often as necessary. I spent 3 days listening to the introduction, relaxation and about hypnosis. Then on to the pre-op downloads which were goal setting, spirit guide and inner change. You are advised to listen to these many times. I decided to have my "operation" this evening and listened to the relaxation first followed by the operation. I had to fast for 24 hours prior to the op but never felt hungry which was definately a first. After the operation I managed to eat a small low fat yoghurt and found that I was eating a lot slower, enjoying it more and when I finally finished the yoghurt was completely satisfied and full.

I am looking forward to the next few days to see how else my eating habits change. I now have the post op downloads which are exercise, ideal body, six pack abs, food relationship, body relationship and sleep.

As my hypnosis is self directed instead of going to a therapist I know that to have success I have to be committed and use the downloads daily to stay motivated. But I really want this to work and so will keep a journal of sorts on here to follow my journey.

Such good news to hear you are taking positive steps for the future.
I look forward to hearing all about your progress, and hope that the downloads are successful for you!
Vicky

I had a fabulous nights sleep, probably down to being so relaxed after the hypnosis and woke this morning refreshed. I am still not really hungry, especially when you think in the last 36 hours all I have eaten is a small 67 calorie low fat yoghurt. I have had to change my drinking cup size as I can not drink my 500ml cup of coffee as I feel bloated if I try. I can drink about 300ml then feel full. At the moment I am undecided as to whether I should have a boiled egg and toast or cereal and yoghurt for breakfast. I'm not hungry and certainly not got a growly stomach which does amaze me but I know that I do need to start to eat.

I am now on day 3 post virtual op and I have to say I am really impressed with the results. I am still eating about a third of what I used to and am full after the small portions. I am eating a lot slower and making much healthier choices. I weighed in today and so far I have lost 7lbs which I am thrilled with. I am listening to at least one of the downloads daily which keeps on reinforcing my gastric band. So far so good, I will keep posting my progress

Very interesting post. So excited to read more. Well done on your loss so far.

Really interested to read you updates, have heard about the virtual gastric band before but didn't realise you could do this at home yourself.
Well done on the weight loss so far :)

I used hypnobirthing mp3's for my daughters birth at home without pain relief so have found this helpful in the past. Can you PM me details of where you got your sessions from etc please? This sounds really interesting and hope it continues to be a great success for you. The mind is a powerful tool and relearning habits is very hard but I do believe it is possible. Keep up the great work. I can relate totally to the 'tried all diets' over time too.

Well done.

I got a set of 6 Gastric Band Hypnosis downloads and 2 books for £47. I think you have to be disciplined to do this at home and really believe in it as you don't have a therapist there to keep you on track, but even so, it's a cost effective way. i got it to back up another diet I was on and to be honest my expectations weren't all that high (I have shelled out a ton of money trying to lose this bloody weight lol) but so far so good. I am definitely not as hungry It came from hypnotherapy and hypnosis uk .com website

Hi,

You started this VGB diet 4 weeks ago, and I was wondering how you were doing with it ?

Lisaxx

I am doing ok. I find that I do have to listen to the recodings every day to keep myself focussed and on track but it is surprising how must easier i find to say 'no' . I can definitely go for longer without feeling hungry but I really want to do this which I guess helps.

Hi know this is quite an old posting but I wondered if you are still around NettyC and how what happened with your Gastic Band Hypnosis. I am thinking of going for this but I am unsure. Best Carole x

Hi I downloaded the gastric band hypnosis yesterday and so far I've not been craving, I too would like to know if anyone else has been successful with this and I will also let you know how I get on x

Back