Hair and weight loss

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Sam, 29 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

I have a huge problem with my hair. It is still blond, but it used to be very shiny when I was younger. Do you think this is a result of getting older (although it hasn't turned grey so far :)) or might it be possible that there is a connection between my behaviour of eating and my hair?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

Hmnnn hard to say..

4. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    could be your'e not getting enough vitamins in your diet, or essential fatty oils.
    diet does play a part on your hair - i'd recommend those vitamins named 'hair and skin'
    and use a hot oil treatement, if you use a hairdryer or straighteners use a serum first.

5. Sam

Sam Banned

Well I have been doing the weight watchers program for several months. So I think that my nutrition is well balanced and that my body gets all the substances which it needs. Well I guess I have to go to the drugstore to aske there for further information and I am gonig to try a hot oil treatement. Thanks!

6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
  7. Sam

Sam Banned

I hope not. I mean I am just 39 years old. Ways to young to get grey and dry hair :) I am still as fit as a fiddle and my fitness is increasing every day. I am so happy that I chose the weight watchers program. Thanks again to the people who suggested it to me!

8. scorpio

scorpio Member

I find my hair is better in texture and condition if I eat a varied diet and adequate protien.
    ~Scorpio

9. alsapkr

alsapkr Banned

I think that the inadequate intake of the nutrients or some unwanted exposure to the pollution or some other such situation over a prolonged period might also be a reason, even though an additive one to the such a situation.

10. laurahill

laurahill New Member

I think you should apply Egg yolk on your scalp.Egg yolk is good conditioner which helps to improve the texture of your hair.Applying Egg yolk on hair which beneficial for healthy hair growth.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.