Hair colour kits

jaylou

Gold Member
Do any of you colour your hair at home?
If so, what do you recommend? I need something to cover a bit of grey and also fancy one of those which you can do highlights with - the one where you get a little comb to add them into the main colour.

Has anyone used any of this type?

All recommendations gratefully received!

I get my mum to do it! I know I'm 26 but she can do a much better job than me! My hairs red now but I've used the highlighting before, I would suggest either using fouling to separate the highlights or the horrible looking hair caps! Then cover your head in cling film to allow it to get warm and set in if you use the cap.

As daft as this may sound the great bits by your ears are flipping difficult to colour. My awesome mum bought a tiny paintbrush and now all is dandy and I get every last bit done. I'd say get a friend or relative to help with highlights coz I couldn't manage it myself. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would suggest either using fouling to separate the highlights or the horrible looking hair caps!

Please tell me you mean FOILING!!! :8855: :8855:

I would have thought the other method would have produced more of a "clumpy" effect!!!

Still blonding self at home here, its hell on wheels. Have used the highlighty kit things with the brushes, they are super easy, just lift the segment, brush on (not from the root, about 1/2 an inch from the top coz they would lighten more than the rest) and either do it in a manner of some even spacing or go totally random. They can be a little clumpy themselves in the mixture sense, the paste is quite thick, so make sure and brush it through well.

Brilliant - I didn't even notice that, I actually read it as foiling!!!

Thanks girls, just need to dare to take the plunge...... cost vs need these days!

Any particular makes which are best?

My Mum has nice and easy as a colour - which is the foam. Not sure if they do a highlights selection though - hers is an all over colour!

The Avon ones are really good. I like them because there's a pre-treatment before the dye goes on, and a great conditioner after you rinse the dye off. Great colour too and they last ages, my hair doesn't fade half as quick now. :)

I use Nice n Easy and find it really good - the liquid not the foam.

MadameLaMinx said:
Please tell me you mean FOILING!!! :8855: :8855:

I would have thought the other method would have produced more of a "clumpy" effect!!!

Still blonding self at home here, its hell on wheels. Have used the highlighty kit things with the brushes, they are super easy, just lift the segment, brush on (not from the root, about 1/2 an inch from the top coz they would lighten more than the rest) and either do it in a manner of some even spacing or go totally random. They can be a little clumpy themselves in the mixture sense, the paste is quite thick, so make sure and brush it through well.

Bloody iPhone spell checker I changed it twice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back