Hair Falling out in CLUMPS - Feel awful

missuscolumbo

So I finished TFR 2 weeks before Christmas. After refeeding I started to notice some light hair loss, but in the last two weeks my hair has been falling out in clumps. I don't mean a few stands - it looks like someone has ripped chunks out.

I'd say I've lost about 50% of my hair - and it is showing no signs of slowing down. I feel absolutely awful, depressed and just want to hide because the loss is significant and noticable - like when bald blokes have comb overs.

I thought I would feel great at the end of LT, but I am left feeling worse about my appearance than when I started.:cry:

Don't know what to do or who to turn to for advice :(

Oh missuscolumbo that sounds awful. Maybe go and see GP or first thing monday morning give lipotrim a ring to see if they have any ideas? I know that hair loss is a possible side effect of LT but its more hair thinning than loosing large clumps. Are you feeling generally well? I hope this resolves for you soon.

I've now got chickenpox so can't go to the Doctor. Have done some research and apparently you can lose up to 75% of your hair once you refeed - due to the hair being in a resting state whilst dieting.

I've got - well HAD wavy hair to my mid back. I now have I have a rats tail at the back now and the new hair is about 3" in length around my crown ( the 3" must be the growth when I was actually on LT)

Sad to say after 20 years of growing my hair it looks like I am going to have to chop it all off. Gutted.

Poor you missuscolumbo my hair is falling out at a good rate but not in clump it has got thinker as time is going on. Hope you feel better soon with the chicken pox

Back