Hair Loss after refeed??

indie.rainbow

Loves the jobs you hate!
Hi Guys,

Long time no speak. I hope you are all doing well?

Im into my 6th week after liptorim TFR, and Ive maintained my target weight loss :)

Ive noticed over the last 4 weeks, that my hair is coming out more, and thinning in some places, and almost feels like baby hair.

I didnt have this side effect when I was on TFR, and wondered if anyone has had this during/after the diet?

Hi, I only did 3 weeks and i've had handfuls coming out, I think it's stopped now thankfully. Don't worry tho I think when your on the diet you don't lose hair (a little like when your pregnant) as your body only does what it has to...and then when you come off it's just your body and hair loss catching up with itself! I must admit i'm planning to go back on LT in the new year and the hair loss does bother me, would be interesting what other replies you have xx
Ps. Well done on your fab weight loss by the way, how are you feeling now??

hi indie, iv just logged in about the same thing lol, i havent been on here in ages, can i say u look fab hunx
iv been 9 weeks off tfr now and my hair is still coming out and is showing no signs of slowing down, i might post on the refeed forum 2, to see if any 1 ther can help x

Hi Indie, nice to see you again and well done on maintaining :D I am still on TFR and seem to lose quite a lot of hair each day so am dreading losing more when on refeed. Not sure how long it lasts - but am glad to know that it does stop eventually. Fingers crossed for you it wont be much longer.

Hi Guys,

Long time no speak. I hope you are all doing well?

Im into my 6th week after liptorim TFR, and Ive maintained my target weight loss :)

Ive noticed over the last 4 weeks, that my hair is coming out more, and thinning in some places, and almost feels like baby hair.

I didnt have this side effect when I was on TFR, and wondered if anyone has had this during/after the diet?

Hey chick

I've been refeeding now for about 6 weeks now. The hair loss started about 2 weeks into refeed and its just starting to slow down now. It is quite daunting and I was pretty miffed about it but it doesn't all go and hair extensions are a god send!!!! I'd had them put in before I started the re-feed as I knew hair loss was one of the after effects.

(Posted this on the Refeed page too)

Good luck xx

Yup. Mine started falling out after i had stopped TFR and has remained thin ever since. Its now only just starting to grow back after around 4/5months but its still very thin.

Look at it as a small price to pay for being super duper slim :) x

Hello it's me again...i just had a thought, i'm sure i read that someone took some vitamin supplements specifically for HAIR, skin and nails which helped...worth a try??!! x

I saw someone on here recommend a supplement called "hair vit". You could also try Viviscal, though it is a bit pricey and you will need to take it for at least three months for a result. I guess this would be the same for any supplement for hair. Hairloss is not something I am looking forward to.

Hi, Guys,
Thanks for the replies.
It is a really stressfull time, as Im so worried. My hair seems to have stopped growing. I have a short style, and had it cut 4 weeks ago. It usually grows really quickly, and quite thick, and after about 3 weeks, Im complaining that Im due another cut.. But my hair doesnt seem to have grown at all! Its almost the same as it was 4 weeks ago! (I guess it saves me £30, lol).
Ive noticed lots coming out in the shower every day, then more when I dry my hair, and again when im using product.
Its very fine, and lifeless (a bit like me,lol).
Ive also been suffering with dizzy spells and generally feeling like poop.
I had blood tests around 5 weeks ago, all came back clear. I had a phone appointment with my Doc yesterday, and she checked my iron count on the last test, and it was 15. She said the average is 100 (although 15-300 is the ''norm'') Im having another blood test on Monday to check my iron levels, as she thinks that 15 may not be enought for my body. Im a bit pissed off with them, if they had checked all my symptoms for the last test, tired, low blood pressure, fatigued, dizzy, cant concentrate etc, then they should have picked up on this!
If my count is belows 100 then they say they will prescribe iron pills...
I know you can get supplements etc, so maybe you guys should try them, not forgetting spinach and Guinesss :)

Another thing, my scalp is really hot and tingly. Have any of you had this?

Hi Indie,

Congrats on your weight loss!! I posted about hair loss in the refeed section xox

Hello and big congratulation on your amazing weight loss!!!

I know it's fairly common to have a hair loss as soon as you come off the shakes. The main reason is the fact that our bodies got used to minerals and vitamins intake which was on the right level (CD it's especialy designed to minimise damage while not eating)
As soon as you start refeed it's almost impossible to maintain the balance. You do really have to start taking supplements as I don't think you can actualy provide enough with your food.
On the brighter side, the loss is always temporrary and you'll see all your hair growing back very quickly. Make sure you'll get really good quality supplements.
Once again - well done on your achievement xxx

Back