Hair loss, hair thinning etc ??

canaryellow

Hi..

This has been a prob for me over the past few months, i was wondering has anyone else experienced the same ?

I was told by my CD that its normal and i shouldnt worry too much, but im the one that can literally pull handfulls of hair from my head.. i have spoken to my hairdresser and she has fully checked out my scalp, and there is no baldy bits.. ( a relief )
I have tried the Vitamin B12 etc,

Can anyone relate to this, or have any ideas or are indeed experiencing the same thing..

Also.... my friend has just lost over 9 stone, via surgery and she too has experienced it ! so maybe its not just a CD thing.. maybe its a dramatic weight loss side effect...

I know that once your off the diet, ppl have said that the hair grows back, fuller and thicker than it once was ! but i dont want to wait, i dont want to fear wearing a black jumper.. lol

thanks x

Gosh this sounds awful, but am sure it is temporary. I would love to hear of any stories re:hair loss but preferably growth. How long have you been on the diet and when did the loss start?

Hi,

I too am losing my hair, it's not diet related though, mine is down to severe stress.:(

Iv lost so much in the past 6 weeks that you can see my scalp big time :cry:and the hair has become sooooo brittle it just snaps of at the gentlest tug :(

There is no treatment really, well there are shampoo's but they are VERY expensive and you have to apply them forever :(

If it is diet related it should come back once you've finished CDing:):)

OFM xx

I'm not on CD, but I'm on LT.

My hair loss started about week 14, I've been on it 22 weeks, and have 7 more to go before refeed.

I am starting to worry that it will get worse when I start eating but I'm hoping not.

Anyone I've spoken to about it says it will recover :)

Gosh this sounds awful, but am sure it is temporary. I would love to hear of any stories re:hair loss but preferably growth. How long have you been on the diet and when did the loss start?

Its my 22nd week, the hair thinning started about the 15th week or so.. i do know other ppl thats on the diet and are experiencing the same things,

i have shoulder length hair, so for me its noticeable.. but for friends and family they say no !

x

Hi,

I too am losing my hair, it's not diet related though, mine is down to severe stress.:(

Iv lost so much in the past 6 weeks that you can see my scalp big time :cry:and the hair has become sooooo brittle it just snaps of at the gentlest tug :(

There is no treatment really, well there are shampoo's but they are VERY expensive and you have to apply them forever :(

If it is diet related it should come back once you've finished CDing:):)

OFM xx

Hi, im sure stress and the diet combined are the causes of your loss, have you been to the docs ? as im sure there is something that they can prescibe for you, regarding your stress situation..
hope things go well for you, keep me posted

x

Hi all,

I've read a post on here about this - and they recommended a shampoo bar from the shop 'Lush' - it's meant for 'hormonal hairloss' it's only 3.95, so worth a try! I've got one already, haven't started using it yet though!!

Lush - New Shampoo Bar

Good luck
xxx

Ooh Sharon that sounds interesting, thanks for that. My hair started to fall out big time, but I know it only temporary and the pros of CD - ie being slim - far outweigh the cons! My hairdresser put my mind at rest, she said the amount I am losing is quite ok, and not going to be a problem. Phew!

No problem! mine hasn't started falling out yet, so perhaps I should start using the bar before it does!
xx

I have always been a bit of a "shedder" lol.

But since week15-18 I noticed that I am shedding at a much faster rate - when I wash my hair I get about double the amount of hair in the plughole that I would usually. I have read on here several times that an increased rate of hair loss is a relatively common and that once you are finished with the diet that things should return to normal.

I do know what you mean about fearing the black jumper though lol ;) - I just wear my hair in a pony tail on the days I wear black. I also had to pre-warn my hairdresser at my last appointment in case my shedding freaked her out!

I'm almost at week 14 and have noticed i'm losing loads more hair than when i first started. My hair had never recovered from post pregnancy loss, so at the rate it's going i'll be bald soon :cry:(but at least i'll be thin :rotflmao:)

oh my god.. i cant believe everyone is experiencing the same symptoms,
I truely hope that is does stop..

Also, the shop Lush.. is it a actual shop, chemist, or other.. lol
I would be really interested if anyone knows

Thanks for all your responses.. xx

Hi all...

I went to Boots the Chemist today, and they stock a product that helps prevent hair loss.. its a spray in treatment and costs £19.99 !

If anyone actually tries it can they pop a post and let us know,

I have lost loads of hair SSing and it has grown back no bother.

Try not to worry about it.

Love Mini xxx

Just to echo I was speaking to a woman in my corner shop who lost 16 stone on lighter life and she said that she lost loads of hair while ssing (or what LL call it) but it grew back as soon as she had lost the weight.

I was kindda worried about losing my hair (I'm a bit obsessed) but I've just got a headful of extensions to cover it up just incase!

I'm a bit interested in this spray though, has anyone used it? I saw it in Boots yesterday but I have a beauty product graveyard at the moment and I'm reluctant to add to it.

Hi Canary,

There is a Lush in Norwich - it is on Gentlemans Walk on the corner beside WH Smith.

After looking at the product on the Lush website, I asked my aromatherapist if she could make up a spritz for me, and she can, with none of the nasties that the Lush bar contains! Costs less than the Boots spray too.. will hope it works as I look as though I have lost nealry half my hair :-(

OMG....

I cant believe that so many ppl have experienced the same problems, to be honest its getting me down, and some days i feel really depressed about it..

I know that as everyone keeps mentioning it that the hair will re-grow, but when ?
after weeks, months or years after stopping the diet..

Also... my hair seems to come from the bottom as in the ends? would be interested in where everyone elses falls from.... ?

Thanks Ruth, i am going to the City tomorrow, i will have a look..

x

Elle, I'd be interested to hear how your spray works too. I've always had very very fine hair (you can see my scalp) and when I was ssing last year I lost even more hair from the sides of my head. It's grown back now thank goodness but the top is still very thin. If there's a chance that it will look thicker with something like the spray from Boots or your aromatherapist then I'd be willing to try it. :D

Back