Hair Loss on CD SS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by FatAsh, 13 August 2007 Social URL.

1. FatAsh

FatAsh Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Everyone, I haven't written on here for a long time but I am still doing CD SS, I have lost 49lb in 3 months :D and am feeling great but my hair is falling out in chunks and it's starting to worry me, I have read that this is a side effect of VLCD's but didn't realise it was this bad, has anyone suffered from this and does your hair grow back once you start to introduce food ?

When I started CD I didn't realise I was going to lose more than just weight !!!! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Have you tried taking multi vitamins to counteract?

4. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Fantastic weight loss by the way!!!!!

5. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

Hi Ash.....look at this thread

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/18563-has-anyone-had-hair-loss-ss.html

I bought the shampoo from Lush that was recommended, it makes your hair really thick with lots of volume.

I believe that any hair loss stops when you finish cd and I have read that it comes back so you should be ok. Take a read at the thead, it's 2 pages long and very good.

well done on the weight loss :D

6. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    mine is falling out in clumps too, seriously my hair is so thin, will it grow back ?
    sorry for hijaking your thread
    nat x

7. FatAsh

FatAsh Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, thanks for your replys - Sophia-Jo that link is very interesting and it looks like it will grow back in time, I'm lucky I started off with very thick hair but it's not very thick anymore and I'm just hoping it will return when I start eating properly.

Ninababes what vitamins can you recommend ???

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I lost a lot of hair when I was ssing for 168 days on Lipotrim. My hair dresser said at the time it was falling out that she could see a lot of new growth near the scalp.

I did not take any extra vitamins, other than my packs.

It was very long and I did get it cut into a very short bob. It has now grown down past my shoulders again, thick and healthy as before.

Back on 790 CD plan no sign as yet of any hair loss.

As yet I have not heard of anyone who's hair has not grown back.

I do know that some people who had very fine hair did take a suplement. Here is a couple of links below to some of the threads about hair loss and what other members have found.

Cake n eat it...

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/11952-hair-loss-whats-story.html

Start dreamer wrote this...
    http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/11952-hair-loss-whats-story.html

9. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I lost lots of hair too. It didn't start to fall out until I was near the end of the diet, and still continued to do so as I came up the plans. I've been maintaining for a couple of months and I've noticed the past couple of weeks that it seems to have stopped falling out:)

Tracey
    x

10. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I have noticed over a week now that i can run my hand through my hair and i do get more hair out than usal , Fatash how long have you noticed this , your hair coming out in chunks ?

11. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

I lost my hair last yr when i was doing LL, But i can assure you that it does grow back when you get back to food. In fact i cut mine shorter when i was on LL so it looked less thin if you see what i mean, and then when it grew back it was in better condition thanit had ever been. I am back on CD now and have no doubt that i will lose my hair once i hit the 3 st lost again but i am not worried cos i know that it will come back in time. I really don't think you need to take extra Vitamins cos you have every thing you need in the CD paks and sometimes it can be more harmful to overdose on the vits!!! Just stick with it, you WILL NOT go bald and it will deffo come back........Promise!!!

Hope this helps,

Love Busy XX

12. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Thanks Busy , but its slim fast at the moe , have done CD but till get some more pennies will be on slim fast just 3 shakes aday . But yes you can over load on vits , been thinking that too . Did your hair come out enough for people to notice ?

13. Tracykllhr

Tracykllhr Member

I have had trouble with hair loss for a while now not due to ssing
    I went to my GP and was told I was JUST being vain and that everyone looses hair
    so I had a chat to my hairdresser and he suggested I take kelp tablets (seaweed) which you can pick up from local health shop for about £3 and im really impressed with the results the only trouble now is my roots come through so fast lol
    I hope this is helpful to someone but please check this wont knock you from your ketosis id hate ruin anyone's hard work

14. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    From a male point of view - I shave my head with a razor, but I have noticed that it is taking longer to grow and doesn't seem as thick as it was.

I am sure it is linked to CD.

15. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    They used to sell this at the health store i used to work at and it is meant to be really good. However i never got it myself because a friend of a friend used it and said that as well as it helping the hair on her head grow, it also made the hair on her body grow more.

I would like to use kelp myself because i want my hair to grow longer but i am a bit worried about it growing longer all over my body.

Have you experienced this Tracey??

I would definatley reccommend the shampoo bar from Lush. I think Sophia-Jo has posted the link already. I used the bar after my hair fell out due to medication side effects and it made my hair really thick (i was hoping it would help my hair grow longer but it didnt).

I wouldn't worry to much about the hair loss though, i think it will start to grow back once you are eating again. You can also get vitamins to help with hair growth too. I think the Hair, Nails and Skin Formula tablets from Holland and Barrett are really good. But i would just wait untill you are eating normally again before you take any vitamins, because you are already getting all the vits and mins you need from your CD packs.

xx :)

16. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I was shocked when my hair started coming out every time I brushed or washed it when on LL about week 12 last year. Wish I'd been warned to expect it, I thought it was my PCOS getting worse. Dr said it was 'molting' (made me feel like a cat or dog lol) to do with low calories and when I started eating again it thickened up in no time. Evening Primrose oil is meant to be good for your hair but I dunno whether it makes much difference. Heard 5000mg was recommended but that seemed a ridiculously high dose to me.

17. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

Where are you getting your slim fast from?? I do believe that TESCO have an offer on at the moment. I get my shopping on line, it's soooooooo much easier and better for me, (I spend less as I don't pile a trolley full of junk food, and I don't have to trapes around the shops with a trolley that never goes the way i want it to go) anyway, I'm it's either buy one get one free or half price...you'll just have to check your local store, maybe give them a call before you go there.

xx sj xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Sophia jo
    Thank-you for the info but the offer finished on the 14 today i think , but there is a site on here called madaboutbargain it will tell you all the main food shop offers , i got a few tins i think it will last me say another 6 days and then i'm going to try to move back to CD . Did you do the toning tables ? how are you getting on , i think by reading your posts you are postive to the end girl ! woohoo hehe

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.