Hair loss question

missy3

starving!
have kinda held off coming back on LT as my hair has been falling out quite a lot. (but thats a side effect i was prepared for) It seems to have eased a bit now, and I don't want to hold off any longer. Have a question thou.. as the hairloss is a 3 month cycle.. 3 months of hair dying, 3 months of new hair pushing through.. if i start LT tomorro.. would I be starting hairloss all over again.. or continuing on the hairloss cycle im on? I wanna be skinny but not totally bald wen i arrive there lol

My hair came out in handfuls over Christmas. It was just the hair that my body had held onto whilst I was doing TFR in Sept and Oct. It's stopped now, and yes, will prob happen again once I come off TFR and my cals go up. You won't go bald though ;)

xx

ok thanks.. i think i'll take the risk. :) LT here i come! (again, again)

Good luck hun :) xx

My hair has been coming out since after the first 8 weeks or so continually. I hadn't expected it til I stopped LT but although its more than normal and clog the shower quick its not actually noticeable. Small price to pay for fast results especially if you have a lot to lose. After all, it does grow back (but hopefully the fat wont! Lol)

oh bloody hell didn't know hairloss was to be expected on this when will it start. I am now in week 12 aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

May have to come off this now then I am already slightly thinning that can be noticeable to some (defo to me). Wish I'd have known beforehand.

Cant decide if I be better off fat and hairy or skinny and bald now

i had a lot of hairloss when on it before for a long time even more when i stopped, i got really thin at the side, luckily i have naturaly thick hair so others cant tell much, its gotten thicker again and ive restarted lt recently so im dreading it

Lillyflower, it usually happens a few weeks after the calories are increased. Doesn't happen to everyone though, so try not to worry ;) Like during pregnancy, your hair goes into a latent phase of growth whilst on a VLCD (hair growth is the last thing the body wants to think about when in starvation mode), and once you come out of that phase, then the excess hair just gets shed. It's not usually new hair growth that goes. Just hair that should've shed at the time, but you body hung onto it ;)

xx

Not meaning to panic any1, it never happened to me the 1st time i did lt.. maybe just cos of the length of time. It is quite a lot but it only falls out wen the new hair is regrowning so it shouldnt be that bad.. im just so self conscious of it at the minute.

Mines just starting to fall out now, I've noticed it when I'm washing it, there are lots of hairs both in my fingers and the bottom of the shower tray......hopefully it wont be too noticeable :eek:

Mines just starting to fall out now, I've noticed it when I'm washing it, there are lots of hairs both in my fingers and the bottom of the shower tray......hopefully it wont be too noticeable :eek:

Thats exactly when I notice it too. However, having gone through extreme hairloss when I had chemo I think that's whats keeping me from freaking out lol It's not as bad as it appears, it's just more than normal. I definitely think its linked to how long you are on LT for. I never had it until I made it past the 6-8 week mark every time I've started it. Now Im into week 23 and it's just continual but don't notice it yet on my actual scalp, fingers crossed nobody else does either!

Back