HAIR LOSS - SAW THE DOC

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by summergurl, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    Just got back from seeing the doc about my hair loss and he had a look at my scalp told me im not going bald!! (phew!) and told me its more than likely down to a hormonal imbalance but is giving me a blood test to check my thryroid, salt levels and for amnemia.

Being a hormonal imbalance would make sense as LT does mess with our totm doesnt it.

I mentioned that i felt silly going to see the doc about hair loss but he told me they see it alot and not to stress.

So girls & guys if you are worried about your hair loss (if you are experiencing it) then see the doc.

He told me if the blood test come back normal then it will sort itself out but will just take time.

Just thought i'd post this try to reassure some of yous :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisebell26

louisebell26 5 stone to go!

thanks sweetie glad you went to see the doc and you can be put at ease now x

4. Shaz1980

Shaz1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.76%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thank you so much for this post. I have been really worried about my hair as it seems to come out in big lumps. Glad you went to the docs and feel happier now x x x x

5. xx Cathy xx

xx Cathy xx Bye Bye Huge Bottom!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(22.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Are you refeeding or still on LT? I know you can lose a bit while on LT but it happened to me quite a bit a couple of months after re-feed. Its something to do with your hair folicles "going to sleep" while on ketosis so when you come out of it you lose all the hair you should have lost. It does grow back though.

Still a good idea to have a bloods test though as thyroid trouble can cause hair loss,... speaking from experience lol

hope it all goes well for you hun x

6. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    It started when i came off of LT all together back in the summer last year and just hasnt stopped falling out so i bit the bullet and went to the quack :giggle:

7. slimmer2moro

slimmer2moro Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.39%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    Glad you took a trip to the docs, hopefully it will put your mind at ease. Worrying isn't good for hair loss either so try and relax and hope this is going to improve for you very soon xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.