Hair loss!

Saddlebag

Silver Member
Just got back from the hairdressers- she says my hair has got really thin since last time I went (about 4 weeks ago). There's only a couple of tuftys bits, she says it's been falling out at the root which rules out it breaking due to being in bad condition or anything.
I can only assume that it's due to being on Exante- I know it says this happens and it's normal, but I've only just entered my 3rd WEEK! :eek:
Has anybody else had experiences of this, especially so early on? I had a disaster at the hairdressers a couple of years ago which made my hair break terribly, it looked awful and shattered my confidence. It took a long time to get it back to normal. It sounds really vain but my hair is very important me- when I had the disaster before I was surprised at how self conscious I was about it. I have thick blonde hair usually and want to keep it! :(

Its day 11 for me and after the first day my hair started falling out and it is getting worse, it almost blocks the plug hole when i have a shower! Because i have thick hair it isnt obvious yet but i think it might start to get obvious soon the way it is falling out. But i wont be stopping the vlcd just yet until i atleast reach 13 stones. My hair did start dropping out like mad after i had my first daughter because i had anemia and after a month on iron tablets my hair started regrowing and after a couple of month it was normal again. I'm sure when we stop exante the hair loss will stop and get back to normal soon enough x

i had thin-ish hair when i started (3 weeks ago) so i wanted to counter act the problem before it started as i cant really afford to lose anymore... I have been using redbush tea and so far fingers crossed it seems to be helping... I drink 1 litre of it aday with 4 teabags in and the remainder strong bit left in the bottom of the jug i put in a spray bottle. I spray it on to my scalp and massage it in once a day. so far i seem to be losing less than i was before the diet! everytime i brushed my hair i got a brush full but over the last few days it hasnt happened. It also seems to have grown quicker aswell! If you google red bush you can find lots of info and it even has more anti oxidants than the more known green tea...its very cheap and in tesco etc.

I had the same problem when I did Lipotrim/Exante last year, Its because of Calorie intake... I take a supplement called Headhigh to keep it strong.. but i'm only into week 2 so I won't know if there working.. I was taking them for about 2 months before starting this to bring my hair along from the last go of Exante..
It does knock you confidence when your trying to cover up bald patches with the hair you have left..
Don't get me wrong it didnt get to bad.. but I could notice it thinning out in certain places.. like the sides on my temples and my widows peek..

Saddlebag said:
Just got back from the hairdressers- she says my hair has got really thin since last time I went (about 4 weeks ago). There's only a couple of tuftys bits, she says it's been falling out at the root which rules out it breaking due to being in bad condition or anything.
I can only assume that it's due to being on Exante- I know it says this happens and it's normal, but I've only just entered my 3rd WEEK! :eek:
Has anybody else had experiences of this, especially so early on? I had a disaster at the hairdressers a couple of years ago which made my hair break terribly, it looked awful and shattered my confidence. It took a long time to get it back to normal. It sounds really vain but my hair is very important me- when I had the disaster before I was surprised at how self conscious I was about it. I have thick blonde hair usually and want to keep it! :(

I think adding a steak every now and then helps with this and generally- that's if you are not a vegetarian! The protein helps and it doesn't seem to slow down weight loss especially if you on TS for a while.

It helped me. GSQ.

Thanks so much for all of your replies. It really helps to know that other people have been in the same boat! I do drink redbush tea but will be increasing now- I like to use a pint mug with a redbush bag and a peppermint bag! Tea cocktail :D
I'm also going to get some Biotin as apparently it's good for your hair.
GSQ I am well up for eating some actual food!! Might treat myself if I have a loss on Wednesday.
It's strange about my hair because my skin is fantastic now after starting exante. Spots have gone and although my skin is a bit dry, it's glowing! I'm really missing food and as an incentive I've made a plan. I would like to lose the bulk of my weight on a VLCD as it's quicker but would also like to start to exercise properly again and don't find I get enough on VLCD. In a week and a half I have my food week which will also be the last lot of my Exante packs. After that I'm going to try Slim and Save for a week and see how I get on- hoping the hot evening meals will keep me focused on VLCD a bit longer. I'll review my weight after then and see how much more I want to lose. My long term plan is to go onto Slimming World to lose the last bit then maintain.
Hopefully as I start to increase what I eat my hair will thicken up again. I don't want to lose anymore hair- to be honest I would rather lose weight slowly on Slimming World if it stops my hair falling out.

Saddlebag said:
Thanks so much for all of your replies. It really helps to know that other people have been in the same boat! I do drink redbush tea but will be increasing now- I like to use a pint mug with a redbush bag and a peppermint bag! Tea cocktail :D
I'm also going to get some Biotin as apparently it's good for your hair.
GSQ I am well up for eating some actual food!! Might treat myself if I have a loss on Wednesday.
It's strange about my hair because my skin is fantastic now after starting exante. Spots have gone and although my skin is a bit dry, it's glowing! I'm really missing food and as an incentive I've made a plan. I would like to lose the bulk of my weight on a VLCD as it's quicker but would also like to start to exercise properly again and don't find I get enough on VLCD. In a week and a half I have my food week which will also be the last lot of my Exante packs. After that I'm going to try Slim and Save for a week and see how I get on- hoping the hot evening meals will keep me focused on VLCD a bit longer. I'll review my weight after then and see how much more I want to lose. My long term plan is to go onto Slimming World to lose the last bit then maintain.
Hopefully as I start to increase what I eat my hair will thicken up again. I don't want to lose anymore hair- to be honest I would rather lose weight slowly on Slimming World if it stops my hair falling out.

Good for you - do what works for you every time!

Good luck

GSQ.

Back