Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hair removal/itchiness advice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 14 July 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I normally get my legs & bikini line waxed but due to lack of money I've been using hair removal cream (Veet)...

Normally I've no problems at all but since I used this now the hair is growing back is really really itchy...& I've like little red spots (yuck)

I've used the sensitive cream & put moisturiser on..

What can I do to prevent this? Any one else get this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have the same prob and sometimes talcum powder works but most often i have to wait and redo it again. I did use an epilator and worked wonders but it just hurt too much x

4. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I have this problem with veet as well - less the red spots and more the itching. I have just abandoned the stuff now & gone back to shaving my legs until like you I can afford waxing again.

5. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I itch on regrowth regardless of how I remove it. I've epilated and waxed and am now cursed with ingrown hairs from all angles (despite exfoliating every other day). Sometime it gets so bad, I scratch with a hair brush, the side of a credit card and even an open pair of scissors. Aloe vera helps a bit but nothing I've found completely removes the itch so instead I just let them grow. Bearing in mind I dont wear anything other than trousers and my fella would rather me be hairy than hack at my legs with a stiletto heel, it's quite easy to get away with it.

If you find a miracle cure, please let me know!

6. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It might be Veet then, I'll have to go to shaving again then.

HelsAngel - I feel for you, mine really isn't that bad...X

7. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got some really good oil spray for after waxing / shaving from Boots. It was about £7 but should last a while. I usually really suffer when I do my bikini line but it sorted it out really well. It's called Parissa Huile d'azulene.

parissa.com | Azulene Oil

8. bevhunter1986

bevhunter1986 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st4.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

There was me thinking I was just a wuss with the epilator! :) Good to know its not just me!

Im allergic to hair removal creams, and shaving has the same effect on me with the redness and itchiness.

I have no choice to shave or epilate, but I might grind away my teeth if I epilate too much :( xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.