Hairy Dieters cook book

Thanks.. I have just ordered a copy - hping for some nice winter recipies to get me through the winter months!! I struggle so much more when it is cold and miserable! xx

It makes it 1p cheaper than mine i bought in asda :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
It makes it 1p cheaper than mine i bought in asda :)

But it's out of stock in Asda, I'd been trying for 2 weeks when it came back in stock in the book people...

Hmmmm said:
Thanks.. I have just ordered a copy - hping for some nice winter recipies to get me through the winter months!! I struggle so much more when it is cold and miserable! xx

There's some beautiful casseroles & stews... See its funny cos I find summer harder!

Last edited:
I got mine in Grantham . I don't struggle in winter either. If you e got a slow cooker it's easy to put on a meal for when you get back from work on a cold day and I always have a pot of soup there. It's so low calorie but warms you up when you need a snack

toofatkat said:
I got mine in Grantham . I don't struggle in winter either. If you e got a slow cooker it's easy to put on a meal for when you get back from work on a cold day and I always have a pot of soup there. It's so low calorie but warms you up when you need a snack

I use my slow cooker 3 times a week in the winter at least, get home from work & it's more or less done it is a lifesaver!

I use my slow cooker 3 times a week in the winter at least, get home from work & it's more or less done it is a lifesaver!

Just suggested to OH that we should get a slow cooker - he said if I can sucessfully cook 3 recepies (I am an awful cook) that can be cooked in it he will buy me one!! The challenge will be completed :)

You can also download receipes off the BBc website. its only got the ones that were featured on the TV series but they sound good.

I tried the chilli cups one and tried to get my tortillas to shape into cups like on the programme but they fell apart - i obviously did something wrong!!!

SarahB said:
You can also download receipes off the BBc website. its only got the ones that were featured on the TV series but they sound good.

I tried the chilli cups one and tried to get my tortillas to shape into cups like on the programme but they fell apart - i obviously did something wrong!!!

Yeah I still want to do the lasagne but haven't gotten round to it. Havin the last of the beef & ale tonight after Zumba seeing as the boys haven't eaten it! At least it Will be quick to warm up!

Did the cottage pie tonight - bloody lovely, it says serves 6-8 but it wouldn't serve 8 in our house, I split it in to 6 though, 2 will go in the freezer for my late shifts

Lexie2005 said:
Did the cottage pie tonight - bloody lovely, it says serves 6-8 but it wouldn't serve 8 in our house, I split it in to 6 though, 2 will go in the freezer for my late shifts

I keep ummming and aaaahhing whether to get this for my hubby.(I am very lucky to be cooked for)
I am hearing lots of good things about it :)

Kat did the chilli tonight & said its good!

I can highly recommend it & does your oh want to cook for me too, ooh is he a naked chef???

Lexie2005 said:
Kat did the chilli tonight & said its good!

I can highly recommend it & does your oh want to cook for me too, ooh is he a naked chef???

Haha he probably would if I asked x

Then send him round :) lol. I like cooking but I'll give up my kitchen if I've got something nice to ogle :)

Actually the chilli was yummy and I've also made thd paprika chicken which was also delish ;)

Lexie and I have a thing about portion sizes :) the HD portions are correct but only if you've trained your family to eat proper portion sizes . Mine do now apart from 20 year old son who can Hoover up the entire family's portions in one go.

What I have found though is that their calorie counts are wrong. On mfp you can search and it comes up with the cals but if you type it in as a recipe using your ingredients the result is vastly different

I didn't say that lex. :p I've not seen your portions

toofatkat said:
I didn't say that lex. :p I've not seen your portions

You did on a photo one day. Hairy dieters said cottage pie served 6 or 8, definitely only 6 adult portions!

Back