Hairy Dieters (Cookbook)

gingerlex

I have purchased this to shake up the same-old same-old meals we eat from WHSmith for the bargain price of £7.49 this week; half the price of the RRP and cheaper than amazon! You know what? the recipes look proper tasty. Not attempted to syn any of them up yet, but it's inspired me a bit!

Oh you'll have to let us know if they are SW friendly without too much tweaking. X

The hairy bikers had a programme on this week were they are dieting and they made a healthy take on lasagne with a sauce and using blanched leeks as pasta sheets. Looked yum!

Last edited:
The hairy bikers had a programme on this week were they are dieting and they made a healthy take on lasagne with a sauce and using blanched leeks as pasta sheets. Looked yum!

my OH even seemed enthusiastic about that lasagne! Cant wait for the next programme.

It's £4.99 at the thebookpeople.com and if you google I'm sure you'll find a free delivery code kicking about too.

GottaBslim said:
It's £4.99 at the thebookpeople.com and if you google I'm sure you'll find a free delivery code kicking about too.

Thanks for posting this :) I've just bought it from the book people. Couldn't find a free delivery code but it was only £1.95 single item delivery anyway so £6.94 altogether X

Ooh I need this book!! :)

gingerlex said:
I have purchased this to shake up the same-old same-old meals we eat from WHSmith for the bargain price of £7.49 this week; half the price of the RRP and cheaper than amazon! You know what? the recipes look proper tasty. Not attempted to syn any of them up yet, but it's inspired me a bit!

Have you seen there new orogramme this week¿¿¿ does look good

The Leek Lasagne looked yummy, you could easily make that low syn or syn free by leaving out the red wine in the tomato base or using the semi skimmed milk as healthy extra A in the bechmel sauce and syn the cornflour and the cheese topping
their meal serves six so would have to work out portions and syns that way. will be looking at the book or just robbing the recipes off the website after each programme :)
BBC - Food - Recipes : Skinny beef lasagne
theres the recipe for the lasagne. Would have to make a few tweaks to make it SW friendly like ex. lean mince instead of just lean and working out what you want you want to omit for syns etc.
cant wait to see some other recipes from them and im hoping their weight loss goes well. love the bikers :)

Love the hairy bikers. I read somewhere that they've lost 3st between them so far!

My copy of the book just arrived, I will let you know what I think, when I have a chance to look through it.

Mine just arrived! time for a nice cuppa in the garden & have a little look while kids play :) x

I think the Cassoulet looks quite SW friendly (with a few tweaks)
the sainsburys Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Pork Cumberland Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each are 1/2 syn each so you could use them and maybe throw in a few extra veggies to boost the superfree content if you wished (and either syn the wine ans sugar or leave them out )
could be worth a try i may even try it this week, will let you guys know if i do and how i get on :)

I ordered this from the book people a coiple of weeks ago but I only got confirmation to say it's on it's way today....really looking forward to getting this cook book :)

How has everyone got on with the recipes and making them SW friendly? I would be really interested to hear how you have all got on x

I ordered this from the book people a coiple of weeks ago but I only got confirmation to say it's on it's way today....really looking forward to getting this cook book :)

How has everyone got on with the recipes and making them SW friendly? I would be really interested to hear how you have all got on x

I ordered it from the Book People a couple of weeks ago, and had delivery of the same within two days.

Lovely book, but haven't really followed any of the recipes yet, but then again, I rarely, do, to any book, as I tend to adapt to my own tastes etc.

I'm the same as I like to adapt recipes to suit my taste but I really enjoyed this show and some of the food looked nice so I look forward to adapting it to be SW friendly :)

I am also glad to hear that you got your copy with no issues as I am a bit worried about mine as the confirmation said it had been sent with YODEL/HDNL andI have had issues with them in the past so I am hoping it comes soon

Back