half a lb off is half a lb off why feel bad

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
ok i have seen so many posts saying they have ONLY lost half a lb.

half a lb is a good steady loss celebrate it celebrate every loss because anything off is good.

i have a bottle filled with water that weighs half a lb and one that weighs a lb next to my scales for my weigh in day if ive ONLY lost half a lb or ONLY lost a lb i pick it up and hold the bottle in my hand.

theres actually quite a bit of weight there

go on give it a shake because thats half a lb or a lb less flab to wobble on our bodies, less to carry, less to clothe less to moisturise.

celebrate why not its nearly 2 stone a year thats something to be proud of isnt it

i will get there when i get there but i will reach my goal:)

Good work babe and well said!! Steadier you lose and longer it stays off x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So true & I know I for one have been guilty of saying only half a lb recently as since lately I have had 3 X 0.5lb losses and a STS. A whole number would be nicer but it is soo true that they all add up & the 0.5lb does actually weigh more than you think!!! I'm sure we are all guilty of getting too tied up in the numbers on the scales every so often & no matter what we lose we always would love just that little bit more :)

right now I'm going more by my clothing and less by my weight IYKWIM. my LEGGINGS are falling down because the waists are too big lol.

i had a 1/2 lb loss this week but im happy as some pants i havent worn in ages FIT yes they fit and theyre comfy and nice oh and i bought a stunning dress from the charity shop its a bit tight but it WILL fit for my birthday its my mini goal will let you know how i did after my bday on feb 25th (off to chinese eek) i think im gonna be on flexi syns that eve but id rather have the food than booze and tbh i really do not need alcohol as im crazy without lol

Just read this thread after 'only losing 1/2lb' at class last night, and I have to say it has made me feel so much better.

You're so right, every 1/2lb adds up and pushes us 1/2lb closer to target!

Thanks to the OP for this thread - really motivating :)

even staying the same for a few weeks is good ( at least if you sts your not undoing all your hard work) just having a rest before you reach the top of the mountain

does anyone else really dread weigh ins sometimes? I mean I'm excited to know, but I'm also dreading it too :(

sometimes but only if ive been really crap and eaten all the wrong things and know ive put on.:break_diet: but thats what makes slimming groups so effective knowing you are gonna be checked up on makes you stay on track better (well it does me anyway)

i actually mostly look forward to it in the hope i get slimmer of the week and a bag of goodies :)

hope that helps

make getting the bag of goodies your goal;)

Im still waiting for my bag:(

yeah, I have found that keeping a food diary helps too.

I lost another pound, making 1. my half stone award and 2. me below 13st!!!

and it really shows on me because I'm only 4ft 8.5in lol.

i actually mostly look forward to it in the hope i get slimmer of the week and a bag of goodies :)

hope that helps

make getting the bag of goodies your goal;)

Im still waiting for my bag:(

Awww...your time will come to get SOTW but the main thing is that you are losing the weight...so what if you don't get the award...it doesn't mean you are any less than anyone who does! :bighug:

I agree with you completely...a loss is a loss and yes even a half pound is great if it's coming off in the right direction. Isn't it the best feeling when clothes you couldn't get into last week fit you this week? That is better than any award as far as I'm concerned. :D

Flibsey, I think most people get anxious on weigh in days :innocent0001: but that's life.

Anyway...here's to every loss big or small....:party0027: and may there be many more... ;)

i know but its a good incentive for me as i love freebies;)

it gives me something to work too

i know being thinner is something to work to but i like prizes and stickers

i am putting £5 in a jar for every week i lose and when i get to my first goal im gonna treat myself to a nice outfit:)

Must admit the bling bling stickers are a joy to have.

Fantastic idea to put £5 away every time you lose so you can really treat yourself. Think I'll give this a go!!! :thankyou:

yeah, I have found that keeping a food diary helps too.

I lost another pound, making 1. my half stone award and 2. me below 13st!!!

and it really shows on me because I'm only 4ft 8.5in lol.

Blimey Flibsey - you are tiny tiny!!!

I'm ill at the moment, so have not got great hopes for tomorrows weigh in even though I have been on plan all week. I will need to read this at about 11am tomorrow me thinks!

Back