Half a sodding pound.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BrittW, 18 May 2011 Social URL.

1. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last time I was on SW I had some really great losses.

This time, I lost 1.5lb's in my first week and only 1/2 a pound this week.
    I'm upset and angry to say the least.

I sat down last night and had a good think about what was different this time. The only major thing is last time I only did green days. This time I have been trying my hand at EE. It's clearly not working.

The old Britt would have just got angry and given up.
    Not this time though.
    I'm so fed up with being fat.

I've printed off a green food diary and going back to my old plan.
    With the promise to myself that if I STILL have a rubbish loss this week, I'm going to cry. Lol.

Has anyone else found that EE just doesn't work for them?? xo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hollie5by5

Hollie5by5 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12.5lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I have a mixture of all 3 really but I find EE hard as I struggle to have my 1/3 superfree with each meal. I prefer green days!

Congratulations on your losses, it might not be as much as u want but just think at least u are losing and haven't put them on :)

Good luck on your green week, hope u get the result u want x

4. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    My weight loss is really slow too.. the most I've ever lost was 3lbs in a week, and thats only happened a few times.

Last time I did it I lost much more, but I ate a lot less, so thats probably why.

I don't do many EE days, mostly green, I find them easier.

Don't give up, you've made a good start, doesn't matter that it's slow, you've got your head around it now and you are on your way..and thats much better than being where you were.

I'm slow, but I'm keeping my head down and gritting my teeth and I'm almost at the 2 stone mark and feeling a lot better for it..it's going to take a lot longer than I hoped but I know I will get there..and you will too!

5. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slow losses are better than gains! I took quite a long time to get to target as I only ever lost 1/2 - 1lb a week. You're obviously on the right track because you're losing. Try mixing up your days each week if you don't think EE works for you.

Denise

6. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    My losses are slow and disappointing too but we can do this and we are not going to give in this time are we:D

I got quite depressed about my 0.5lb loss last week but its the equivilant to a packet of butter, and when you look at it like that its good.

I am doing EE too and wondering if my losses are lower due to this and may mix and match abit from now on. I love EE but I do find my losses very slow compared to green and red days

7. Debridger

Debridger On track to target

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World / JUDDDD combo
    Hey, a loss is a loss....it's going the right way, remember, it didn't go on overnight, so it wont go overnight (shame eh ?)....it can also take time for your body to catch-up..... loads of people have a really good week, and STS, then next week it all comes off when they've not been good and expect a gain, we're all different.

Don't give-up...You'll get there if you stick to the plan - Honest

8. jaxmummy

jaxmummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks for posting this its my first week this week and ive always had good losses on sw ( 7 or 8 in first week). Im struggling with superfree so sticking with red and green now

Hope the scales continue to move downwards for you

9. nc1967

nc1967 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A loss is better than putting on - even if it is small. A thread on here suggested that including melon and strawberries helped them, so I have tried that this week and lost 2 lbs, worth a try?

10. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've only ever done EE, with the odd green day thrown in. A loss is still a loss honey! *hugs*

11. x-tuesdayemma-x

x-tuesdayemma-x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did the water challenge this week (drinking the recommended 2.5 litres a day) and lost 3lbs, the weeks before that i had stayed the same and only lost a little so you could try that :) x

12. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    There are people in my group who have lost 6 stone doing EE so it does work. But if you can cope with green day (make me ill personally) and you think it will help then go for it!

You've lost 2lbs in 2 weeks- so it is working! Okay, maybe not as quickly as you would want it to, but it is working.

People lose lots on their first few weeks because it is such a drastic change in your diet. If you've done SW before, the chances are that it wasn't a drastic change, and that you were already eating fairly healthy.

There is no such thing as 'only 1/2 a pound' Lots of people on here lose a 1lb a week. Some of us are slow losers, and some of us slow losers get a little bit annoyed when people say I've only lost lost 1/2 a pound :) though I'm sure it wasn't your intention to annoy anyone.

13. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was simply saying EE clearly doesn't work for me.
    And I've lost 4 1/2 stone on doing green days, most weeks losing 3lbs and over so to me, half a pound is nothing.
    Not trying to annoy anyone at all. Just venting my frustration. :D

14. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

The thing is this - when you first start SW people tend to make pretty major changes to their diets.
    When you fall off the plans, some of those changes stay with you, so when you pick up SW again the changes are not quite so drastic.

I'm not sure if any of these apply to you Britt but examples (for any others struggling) are

Switching from full fat to semi skimmed, or semi skimmed to skimmed milk
    Stopping having spread/butter on bread or toast
    Having small bread as opposed to big bread
    Butter in jacket potatoes
    Using oil when cooking

There are many more, but these are some of the changes that people make and tend not to switch back.

I would never buy full fat milk again, or have butter on toast, whether following the plans or not.

SW works all the time, you know this but it always works the best the very first time around!

Stick with it, it will come.

15. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Ooops, should have read the whole thing, I've pretty much said what kingleds said!

16. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I know hun -and I do get it the frustration - I ghuess i've just got used to losing 2lb max a week now so it doesn't get to me as much. Wasn't having a go or saying you had annoyed anyone - just mentioning it

17. icklekimmy

icklekimmy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only just started this week and am doing EE but according to my scales I have STS! I will find out in half an hour when i go for weigh in.
    One way to cheer yourself up though is it takes burning 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat. So you have burned over a full days worth of calories this week so be proud of that.
    Good luck for next week!

18. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. :)

I'm just going to keep going! If I give up now I'll just be angry with myself and I know it. Xo

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.