Half Board Holiday.

Harza

Hello All,

Im going away on holiday in May for 2 weeks to Tunisia. Were staying in a hotel half board and I'm just wondering what everyone else does/tips to stay on plan whilst on holiday?? I dont drink alcohol as im allergic (shock horror!!lol) so thats not an issue for me...its more the oils in the hotel food instead of my frylight i use at home im worrying about lol... I'm almost at target and have lost almost 3stone altogether since July 2011. Im so scared about putting on weight whilst im away... so any tips on how to maintain while on hol would be brill! :)

Just don't have too much of the things that look greasy, am sure you will be fine! There is usually a healthier option so just choose that and make sure you enjoy yourself, it's a holiday! xx

We go away for 2 weeks in May to :) we are AL. There is always loads of salad and fruit, ect so i try and fill up with them and remember healthy A and B. As long as you don't go mad with the unhealthy stuff you should be fine

When im half board i pick 1 meal a day im strict with and the other i have what i want, i pinch fruit from breakfast to snack on for lunch lol and i walk loads. The best bit about going on holiday is the food for me, so i just enjoy it, its only 1 week in the whole year. The day you get home just get straight back on plan. You never know you might get delly belly eek and it wont be a prob what you eat lol.

We are going All Inclusive again this summer. What worked for me last year was eating a normal evening meal each day but trying to make good choices. Then I stick to having fruit for breakfast every other day and having a cooked breakfast inbetween and I do the same at lunch times having fruit one day, sensible choice the next day. It isn't staying on plan and if I was dedicated I could just do the fruit option for all meals but this way I don't feel like I am being too bad and after all one week isn't going to blow me out of the water completely.

Hello All,

Im going away on holiday in May for 2 weeks to Tunisia. Were staying in a hotel half board and I'm just wondering what everyone else does/tips to stay on plan whilst on holiday?? I dont drink alcohol as im allergic (shock horror!!lol) so thats not an issue for me...its more the oils in the hotel food instead of my frylight i use at home im worrying about lol... I'm almost at target and have lost almost 3stone altogether since July 2011. Im so scared about putting on weight whilst im away... so any tips on how to maintain while on hol would be brill! :)

My consultant says to avoid anything beige, but that's usually all you can find on holiday! Haha ;)

I think it's all a little bit out of your control while you're away, but choosing fruit to snack on and keeping your water intake up is probably for the best. If you're anything like me, you'll be doing lots of walking as you explore places anyway! We only spent one afternoon out of the whole 7 days sunbathing in Ibiza!

As vanessal said, it's only one week out of 52 - you're allowed to enjoy it a little bit :)

We are going All Inclusive again this summer. What worked for me last year was eating a normal evening meal each day but trying to make good choices. Then I stick to having fruit for breakfast every other day and having a cooked breakfast inbetween and I do the same at lunch times having fruit one day, sensible choice the next day. It isn't staying on plan and if I was dedicated I could just do the fruit option for all meals but this way I don't feel like I am being too bad and after all one week isn't going to blow me out of the water completely.

That sounds like an angelic holiday to me!

Be careful with salads on holiday as they are washed in the water that mightn't be the cleanest!!.....which is why you shouldn't drink tap water on holidays only bottled water! :sick0019: :9529:

Just try and eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water (bottled), try and pick the healthiest thing on the menu but most importantly enjoy yourself....you're on holiday!!!! :)

Be careful with salads on holiday as they are washed in the water that mightn't be the cleanest!!.....which is why you shouldn't drink tap water on holidays only bottled water! :sick0019: :9529:

That's very true! Super important to only drink bottled water - most places sell it very cheap :)

I too am concerned even now about ,my holiday and its not till October ! 3 weeks in Florida ! Help . I agree though with the other comments, it is only one week and you really should enjoy yourself. Just be sensible and dont over do it . You are there to have fun though.

shelley1 said:
I too am concerned even now about ,my holiday and its not till October ! 3 weeks in Florida ! Help . I agree though with the other comments, it is only one week and you really should enjoy yourself. Just be sensible and dont over do it . You are there to have fun though.

We went last march... We were there for 2 1/2 weeks and in the whole time I gain 1lbs... And I was off plan 80% of the time!! I think it was with all the walking and we didn't stop... Although it was the most amazing holibob. xx

Part of the reason I've decided to lose the weight is because of my first beach holiday coming up in may. What's one week out of a year, I'm going to enjoy it, yes I will have a gain but "normal" eaters gain weight on holiday because it is a holiday, time to relax and enjoy yourself. I for one will be leaving my food optimising book at home and picking it back up when I arrive back afterwards! X

Yeah we have been realy lucky this is our 9th time. The first time I went I was 19 and weighed 10/4. When I went last April I weighed 12/3 and came back 13/2 so not too bad but my aim this time is to go at 10/4 the same weight I was when I first went. Although I am now 36 I really believe I can do it. Slimming world has made it seem easy. I do train 4 times a week at the gym and always have so my weight loss is quite slow. Just really want to get to my goal soooo bad.

I think combined with the heat as well, as long as you drink enough to keep you hydrated, you should be fine. It's so hot out there that you'll be sweating loads!

It's the one time of the year where you can absolutely let your hair down and I think you've hit the nail on the head: "Just be sensible and don't over do it"

We went last march... We were there for 2 1/2 weeks and in the whole time I gain 1lbs... And I was off plan 80% of the time!! I think it was with all the walking and we didn't stop... Although it was the most amazing holibob. xx

We went to Ibiza last April and although it wasn't super hot, it was hot enough. We were walking around so much that our feet were aching by the end of the day!

I wasn't on plan at all, but I wasn't going to SW at that time, so I don't know whether I gained or not.

1lbs on for 2 and a half weeks isn't bad going at all though - I'd be super happy with that!! :)

Yeah we have been realy lucky this is our 9th time. The first time I went I was 19 and weighed 10/4. When I went last April I weighed 12/3 and came back 13/2 so not too bad but my aim this time is to go at 10/4 the same weight I was when I first went. Although I am now 36 I really believe I can do it. Slimming world has made it seem easy. I do train 4 times a week at the gym and always have so my weight loss is quite slow. Just really want to get to my goal soooo bad.

2lbs-2.5lbs a week is brilliant, you should be really proud :) you'll be there before you know it x

Me too... Iv done most diets available and always cone back to slimming world but this time in determined to get it off and keep it off!!
Just keep away from IHOP and Sizzler hehe xx

Yep, I've told myself that this is the last time I'm rejoining SW as this time I'm gonna get to target!!

Yum Sizzler breakfast my fave. Ihop not so much. I have made a rule. All you can eat is a suggestion only not a mandatory requirement!

Well due to money troubles there was no holiday last year in our house, so this will be a special one. I'd like to lose half to a whole stone before I go, which is possible if I average a healthy 2 pounds a week.

I know I'll have put on when I get back, but hopefully it wont be too bad seeing as I'll be walking around in the sun, sweating and drinking so much water.

My phillosophy will be to have what I want but not go overboard, as other people have said.

Back