halloumi

Rochelle1

Gold Member
Can't find this in my book and when I did a search I only found threads from 2011 and want an upto date

I wanted to try halloumi. I do mostly green days. Can I have it?

Yep 35g halloumi is a HEXB, or 45g low fat halloumi. Its not a HEXA though, so only an option on Green (not Red/EE)

Thanks very much :) yep I do green days mostly, so wooooo I can have it! Saw a recipe in a veggie cook book and it was cous cous, mushrooms and peppers with grilled halloumi. So I wanted some of that :D will look forward to my 35g lol

Oooh, lurve the stuff!!!

I love Halloumi! I could eat tons of it wrapped in parma ham yum yum. Ahh making myself hungry now :(:(

I've not tried it before! I've bought it so will have it at some point lol couldn't buy reduced fat in asda so 35g of full fat it is. What's the best way to cook it? I was gonna grill it

I've not tried it before! I've bought it so will have it at some point lol couldn't buy reduced fat in asda so 35g of full fat it is. What's the best way to cook it? I was gonna grill it

I like it best jut cut thinly and fried in Fry Light on a non stick frying pan until it's browning on both sides. Just divine, soooo juicy. The reduced fat isnt worth it IMO.

7385209256_ed5367e61d_o.jpg

That looks lovely ermintrude, do you use both hexb's on a green day for that? I hardly got any for 35g :( was gutted lol! I did end up frying it in frylight

Hmm yeah I used both my HEXB's I think, six triangles of halloumi, yum :)

Back