Hamlet - David Tennant

Time Lady

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone else is going to see Hamlet in Stratford-Upon-Avon to see David Tennant (aka The Doctor -Doctor Who) in the lead role and Patrick Stewart as Hamlet's dad/ghost?

I ma so excited I bought my tickets just before Christmas last year and I have been waiting so long. The run of the play has already started and finishes on 15th November 2008 and then will move to London for a time too. :)

I'm going to see it with my best friend on 11th November 2008 and will be sitting 12 rows from the stage so should be able to see the actors perfectly.

As you can probably guess I am a huge Doctor Who and David Tennant fan and I love Hamlet so I get the best of many worlds. :D

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has tickets to see it too.

Gemma
xx

oh dont.. im the biggest shakespeare fan in the world.. and my mam and dads going.. and its an insult cos she doesnt even like shakespeare.. just him.. lol.. shocking.. good job my dad loves shakespeare as much as me.. wonder where i got it eh? i tried to get tickets.. all sold out.. suprise suprise..

x x

Yes as Catherine says i have tickets and go on Monday 11 August. And no I don't like Shakespeare but my husband loves it so that's why we are going. I like David Tennant though

Irene xx

oh dont.. im the biggest shakespeare fan in the world.. and my mam and dads going.. and its an insult cos she doesnt even like shakespeare.. just him.. lol.. shocking.. good job my dad loves shakespeare as much as me.. wonder where i got it eh? i tried to get tickets.. all sold out.. suprise suprise..

x x
I'm sorry if I upset you Kitteh :(. I love Shakespeare too although I will admit that I haven't read all of his plays, even though I would like to. I studied Midsummer Nights Dream, Henry V and Romeo and Juliet at school. Hamlet was the first one that I decided to pick up and read for myself and I really liked it :) Its nice that you and your dad have a love you can share. I am sorry that the tickets were sold out for you. Can you get tickets to see the one in London?

Yes as Catherine says i have tickets and go on Monday 11 August. And no I don't like Shakespeare but my husband loves it so that's why we are going. I like David Tennant though

Irene xx
Oh cool I hope you have a lovely time with your husband I am sure you will love it, maybe David Tennant will convert you to a Shakespeare fan, he is such an amazing actor. ;) Maybe you could come back and tell me all about it, so I get a bit of a preview before I go?

Have fun when you go.

I'm also excited to see Patrick Stewart, what a legend. :D

Don't worry Catherine is taking it in good humour. And yes I'll tell you all about it when we get back. Also seeing the Merchant of Venice and the Taming of the Shrew. Went last year and saw all the plays including King Lear with Ian Mckellan

Irene xx

lol.. yes.. im joking.. lol.. its just something i say to my mother.. *points at ireneh*.. hehe..

im so glad you both had a good time.. i just wasnt quick enough to get tickets unfortunitly.. hehe

x x

Back