Miller2's Favourite Recipes

some have small amount of oil in. They will be low synned but not free. I know the Maykway curry powder is syns but I don't know how much. I just use the schwartz cos I know it's free.

Aaah. Thats a shame. Some things are not the same SW style. Its like id rather save the full syns for a real moussaka than a cheats one. Never mind, always worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Spanish Orange Cake

This recipe serves 12 and is 4 syns a serving. It's best warm - eaten straight away! What I normally do is half the quantity and fill 6 muffin cases. This recipe is for the whole cake though.

If you don't use the Splenda Sugar Blend for the syrup (I've never found it in shops so just use sweetener) then the syn value becomes 3 per serving not 4.

FOR THE CAKE:
4 Eggs (separated)
50g Caster Sugar
5tbsp Sweetener
150g SR Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
2tbsp Finely Grated Orange Zest
Juice of 2 Oranges

FOR THE SYRUP:
Zest of 2 Oranges
Juice of 2 Oranges
1tbsp Arrowroot (this is in a tub like baking powder and will be in the same section of a supermarket)
4tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (I can never find this so just use sweetener)

Put oven on at 190*C/Gas Mark 5 and line a cake tin / set out the muffin cases if you're doing muffins.

Put the egg yolks, caster sugar, sweetener, self raising flour, baking powder, orange zest and orange juice and whisk together until thick and pale.

In a different bowl, whisk the egg whites until they peak, then fold them in to the orange mixture.

Spoon into the cake pan/muffin cases and cook for 25-30 minutes.

As soon as the cake(s) come out the oven, put all the syrup ingredients in a small pan with 90ml of water. Bring to the boil whisking the whole time. When it thickens remove from the heat. Drizzle over the cake and enjoy! You can put whole raspberries on top if you wish too.

CHICKEN KIEV WITH GARLIC BUTTER

The Ingredients below are PER kiev.

1 Chicken Breasts
1tbsp Clover Lighter (3.5 syns)
1/2 Garlic Clove
Chopped Parsley
25g Paxo Golden Breadcrumbs (4.5 syns) You can use brown breadcrumbs out your healthy B if you prefer but I think it's nicer with these Paxo ones even with the syns.
Fry Light
1 Egg

Flip the chicken breast over and slice into it - slice down (WITHOUT GOING ALL THE WAY THROUGH OR IT WILL LEAK) and then from the middle go to each side - again without breaking through.

Crush the garlic and add it to the butter and parsley - stir it all through well.

fill the kiev pockets you created and fold it back up - fix it with some cocktail sticks.

Dip the kiev in whisked egg and coat in the breadcrumbs.

Spray generously with frylight and cook for 45 minutes on about 190*C until golden brown.

I like to eat it with some rice, broccoli and carrots.

Hi love the sound of your trusted recipes I should start a thread of my trusted and loved ones have started placing them on ********* because so try a recipe then can't remember where I got it from!?!
Let's start a ********* with pics for slimming world or has someone already must look

Ooo I've defiantly got to try some of these recipes fantastic thanks for sharing :)

One for summer!

Minted Lamb Kebabs

2 tsps of yellow mustard powder
3 tsps of balsamic vinegar
3 tsps of soy sauce
2 tsps of lemon juice or juice of half a lemon
Good dollop of mint sauce (make sure it's got no sugar on the ingredients on the back of the jar otherwise it's syns!)
Diced lamb (remove any visible fat)

Ideally marinade it overnight, but I find it is still flippin lovely after a few hours. Just bung all the ingredients together in a tupperware rub and give it a great big shake!

Thread onto kebabs. I like them with mushrooms and red onion. These go great on the bbq and whenever I do a big family bbq they're always the first to go!

One for summer! Minted Lamb Kebabs 2 tsps of yellow mustard powder 3 tsps of balsamic vinegar 3 tsps of soy sauce 2 tsps of lemon juice or juice of half a lemon Good dollop of mint sauce (make sure it's got no sugar on the ingredients on the back of the jar otherwise it's syns!) Diced lamb (remove any visible fat) Ideally marinade it overnight, but I find it is still flippin lovely after a few hours. Just bung all the ingredients together in a tupperware rub and give it a great big shake! Thread onto kebabs. I like them with mushrooms and red onion. These go great on the bbq and whenever I do a big family bbq they're always the first to go!

Mmmm these sound delicious!! Great idea for the BBQ, roll on the summer ;-) xx

SWEET AND SOUR
6.5 syns for whole dish - serves 4 - so lets round up and say 2 syns per serving.

This really tastes just like from the chinese!

Ingredients:
1 White onion, peeled and cut into lengths
1 tbsp cornflour
300ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp soy sauce
Mange Tout
Green and Yellow Pepper
Baby Sweetcorn
Tinned Pineapple chunks in juice
Malt Vinegar
1 tbsp sweetener
Salt and Pepper to taste
Meat of your choice

1. Mix together the tomato puree, soy sauce, 3 tbsp of the pineapple juice (1.5 syns), malt vinegar and sweetener. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Using frylight fry the meat (chicken I prefer) until cooked in a large pan or wok.
3. Add the onion and pepper and lightly fry.
4. Pour in the sauce and keep stirring.
5. Mix the cornflour (3.5 syns) into a paste with 1 tbsp of water. Add to the sauce along with the stock. Bring to the boil and stir constantly.
6. Reduce the heat to low, add the baby corn and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the mange tout for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Add 50g of pineapple chunks (1.5 syns) just before serving - if you add them before and cook them then it will be more syns.

STEAK AND ALE PIE

for the whole stew it is 15.5 syns - rounded up to 4 syns a serving
Add 6 syns for 35g of pastry should you want it
SO 4 syns a serving without pastry, or 10 syns a serving with.

Either way, it is a meal worth the syns!!!!! I do tend to have it without the pastry, just as a stew I suppose with mashed potato.

INGREDIENTS
Jus-rol light puff pastry sheet
1 kg/2lb 4oz lean braising steak, cut into smallish chunks
3 tbsp plain flour (10.5 syns)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300ml brown ale (black sheep is good!) (5 syns)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 onions diced
250g/9oz carrots sliced
2 sticks celery finely sliced
1 fresh or dried bay leaf
handful fresh thyme sprigs
300ml/½ pint beef stock
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
500g/1lb 2oz chestnut or white mushrooms cut into quarters.

1. Toss the meat in the flour (I use a tupperware tub to do this)
2. Add half of it to a large non stick pan with some fry light. Lightly brown, add a splash of stock if it starts to stick a lot. Set the meat aside.
3. Splash a teeny bit of ale into the pan to scrape up any meaty bits and pour over the previously browned meat.
4. Repeat with the second batch of meat.
5. Add the meat to the one pan and add all the veg and herbs. Mix in a jug the ale, stock, balsamic vinegar and tomato puree and pour into the pan.
6. The beef needs to be covered with stock to prevent it drying out, if you need to add a bit more stock. You don't want to add loads or it will take ages to thicken, just so it is JUST covered!
7. Bring to the boil and cover and simmer on low for 1½ - 2 hours until it has thickened.

I sometimes do it just like this with mashed potato and veg like broccoli. I don't always bother with the pastry.

If you want the puff pastry, even the light is highly synned. I use 35g a person, cut into thin strips. I add the stew to a pie dish and arrange the strips of pastry on the top in a lattuce pattern. Wash with egg yolk or milk (don't do the edges or it won't puff up) and bake until puffed and golden.

Back