Hannah's Weight Loss - This time has to be the last time!!

hannah1309

Hi All

I am new to CD & also to Minimins...

This is Day 1 - Start Weight 14st 5lbs (I'm 5ft 9) My goal weight in 11st 5lb so I have 3 stone to go!!!

I am doing the CD ss+ plan (4 packets + 200ml of skimmed milk)

I started this morning with an Original Porridge - it was bearable but not that nice to be honest, going to try another flavour tomorrow, I know they say exercise isn't recommended at the beginning of the ss plan but I went to the gym for 45 mins (did a 10km cycle and some sit ups and stretches) Then came home and had a Strawberry shake - that was delicious - I added some ice cubes to it also, very nice!!

My partner needed to go to Tesco - food shopping (for him) I decided to was too much of a temptation to go so I asked him to drop me off at the nail salon and had a pedicure instead! hehe!

I am planning on trying the soup tonight - any recommendations?

I am feeling very positive and just trying to keep busy as it is Bank Holiday and I am not at work... Ironing it is then!! lol

Look forward to sharing more of my experiences with you!! :)

Thanks for following me ladies!! :)

Ok so this is day two!!

I woke up with a really bad headache but I have a stinky cold so I reckon I would have that anyways - I'll feel so much better once my cold disappears as then I'll have a better idea of which symptoms are due to which one.. Diet or cold!!

I also was expecting lots of headaches as I was a bit of a diet coke addict, I say 'was' because so far so good I have not touched anything but water and tea to drink since Monday! I got to a point where I was easily drinking 3 - 5 cans of diet coke a day and very little water - a huge reason for my weight problem I am sure!!

My CDC has put me on the ss+ option A - where I have 4 packs and 200ml of skimmed milk! Is anyone else doing this? I am wondering if I should drop down to 3 packs + milk?? The skimmed milk allowance really helps as I can manage to drink tea black and I think the caffeine in tea is helping me fight my diet coke addiction!! Lol

Yesterday I had Original Porridge for breakie (yuk!), a Strawberry shake for lunch (yum), Chicken and Mushroom soup (really tasty with lots of cracked black pepper) for early dinner and then a choc mint shake late evening (also yum)!!!!! I drank 4 litres of water (did do a gym workout also so drank a bit more) and had 3 cups of tea!

Does that sound too much? A lot of people on her are just having 3 packs and water! Will that speed up my weight loss???

This morning I had the maple and pecan porridge - better than the original but I am still definitely NOT a fan of the porridge texture!! Don't think I will be buying anymore of those after this week!!! :p

I find myself cleaning a lot more - trying to keep myself busy I guess!! & everytime I sit down I get minimins up on my iPad! I am finding this such a huge support and anytime I feel hungry I take yet another look at the inspirational photos - amazing!!!

Can't wait to be slim!!! :)

chubbychops said:
Hi Hannah

I am on day 2 also.

Mt fave soup is Oriental Chilli, it's lovely.

Good luck

CC

P.s - I will definitely be trying the Oriental Chilli soup today! (actually quite excited!!) lol

How are you getting on?

Good Luck on Day 2 too!!!!

Say with 4 packs if your CDC told u to in a month or so see how u feel your losses will be the same honest. :) I think it's your height they go by why u should have 4 packets enjoy:) x

Maybe that's it! I am 5ft9!!!

Have a good day!! :)

Ok so I have made it to the end of Day 3 - today was quite tough! I have had a very busy and long day at work but have felt really tired!!
Along with the tiredness I have also had a very dry mouth....

I had the Oriental Chilli soup tonight, it was soooooo yummy!!!

How is everyone else doing, anyone else very tired and suffering from lack of energy??

hannah1309 said:
Ok so I have made it to the end of Day 3 - today was quite tough! I have had a very busy and long day at work but have felt really tired!!
Along with the tiredness I have also had a very dry mouth....

I had the Oriental Chilli soup tonight, it was soooooo yummy!!!

How is everyone else doing, anyone else very tired and suffering from lack of energy??

Hi Hannah, you should be feeling much better today or tomorrow as ketosis kicks in. I hope day 4 goes well for you x

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10

Em_Butterfly said:
Hi Hannah, you should be feeling much better today or tomorrow as ketosis kicks in. I hope day 4 goes well for you x

Thanks Em_Butterfly! Wow have just seen your stats, you are doing amazingly well!!! What week are you on? Can't believe I am only on day 4 - seems to be dragging! I have my first weigh in on Monday hopefully that'll help to motivate me! Also I think I just need to get into a new routine and break my old cycle, yesterday was my first full day back to work and I found that tough resisting temptations (like the biscuit tin by the kettle)...

My Ketostix's should arrive today so I will check tomorrow morning (day 5) to make sure I am in Ketosis!

This forum has been a life saver so far! It's a great distraction from the thought of food!!! :)

hannah1309 said:
Thanks Em_Butterfly! Wow have just seen your stats, you are doing amazingly well!!! What week are you on? Can't believe I am only on day 4 - seems to be dragging! I have my first weigh in on Monday hopefully that'll help to motivate me! Also I think I just need to get into a new routine and break my old cycle, yesterday was my first full day back to work and I found that tough resisting temptations (like the biscuit tin by the kettle)...

My Ketostix's should arrive today so I will check tomorrow morning (day 5) to make sure I am in Ketosis!

This forum has been a life saver so far! It's a great distraction from the thought of food!!! :)

Hi, thank you :D I'm on week 8 now. The first week does drag and then it becomes a way of life so times starts to move much quicker. I can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone!

Yes, the forums definitely help! At the start I would lie in the bath reading peoples diaries like Yoland's and Angelupnorth's - that really helped!

Hopefully today goes quickly for you :)

Hi All...

So on Day 5 now.... feeling ok, not hungry really! however have had a lot of cravings today, I headed into town for a bit of shopping and it seemed that everywhere I looked people were eating/drinking.... I popped in a shop and bought a bottle of water, oh I am a changed women already!!

Been feeling a little light headed today, I guess thats to be expected with the amount of calories we are all living off!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and enjoying the weekend :)

Ok so I've made it to Day 6 (wow the past 5 days have dragged!)

I have just had my first weigh in and I lost 9lbs in 6 days!!! Yay!! (wasn't a full week as I didn't want to start it last Monday as my partner and I were away and staying at a hotel in fact this time last Monday I was tucking into a full English breakfast!)

Anyways feeling good so far! And I still haven't caved in and had a diet coke (I've gone from 3-5 cans a day to NONE!!!)

Plan for today: vanilla shake - done! 2 x tetras and chilli soup!! :)

I wish the sun would shine again as I'd like to get out walking or cycling but it's peeeeeing down!!! :(

hannah1309 said:
Ok so I've made it to Day 6 (wow the past 5 days have dragged!)

I have just had my first weigh in and I lost 9lbs in 6 days!!! Yay!! (wasn't a full week as I didn't want to start it last Monday as my partner and I were away and staying at a hotel in fact this time last Monday I was tucking into a full English breakfast!)

Anyways feeling good so far! And I still haven't caved in and had a diet coke (I've gone from 3-5 cans a day to NONE!!!)

Plan for today: vanilla shake - done! 2 x tetras and chilli soup!! :)

I wish the sun would shine again as I'd like to get out walking or cycling but it's peeeeeing down!!! :(

Oops just realised its actually Day 7 not Day 6!!! Haha!

Hey All,

Apologises for not writing in a while, I have just been really busy with work and life really....!!!

So I am still on it!! Day 16 today, I have been completely 100% since Day 1! As many of you know my first weigh in was a great success, I lost 9lbs in 6 days, I was over the moon and thought to my myself this is completely worth it with those losses, however I was really disappointed at my 2nd weigh in - only a 2 3/4 lbs loss!! I would have hoped that sticking to it 100% I would have lost at least 4lb on my 2nd week!! :-(

I went to stay with friends at the weekend, my best mate in 38 weeks pregnant and she was eating everything in sight (she is so lucky as she is all bump) the girls were snacking all weekend on the food I love/ loved!!! Doritos and dip, nibbles for starter olives, etc... I just stuck to my shakes, to be fair they were very understanding! I was so proud of my self - just shakes, soups and water - so why such a crappy loss this week??? Anyone else disheartened by a low loss?

I know I should be pleased that it is going down and in the right direction but to be honest am feeling a bit fed up! :-( I know I shouldn't but I have weighed myself since my 2nd weigh in on Monday and my weigh has just stuck by the looks of things, it's been roughly the same over the past 5 days!!

Any ideas????

Hi

Your doing great well done :) I'm 5ft9 to but have 3 shakes as I do the daily veg and protien meal (step2 i think)

Don't be disheartened, if u r 100% then ure body will catch up eventually. 9lb for your first week us huge!!

Hey All....

Ok so my body did catch up.... After my disappointing low loss of 2 3/4 lbs last week, this week I lost 5 1/2 lbs... woohooo!!

so I am now 13st 1 3/4 lbs - hoping to be in the 12's next week!! :)

Wow I am a terrible forum-er / blogger...

I haven't updated this for ages, but don't worry to anyone who may have thought I had given up, I am still on CD SS 100%, and now on day 36!!!

I have lost 24lbs so far in 5 weeks, and am really hoping to have lost 2 stone (28lbs) by my 7th weigh in... then it'll be 1 stone to go!!

I have definitely noticed my weight loss in clothes and generally my overall body appearance but I am feeling very flabby, and really need to hit the gym or do something to start toning up!! But somehow I have the motivation to stick to this diet 100% but don't have the motivation to exercise!! :(

I actually have a 5km race next weekend for race for life (cancer fundraising) I haven't run since January and even that I don't think I can actually call running!!! I am doing it with family and friends but they are all 'runners' and belong to running clubs etc... ah panic!! I kept thinking I will start some training but how are we in July ALREADY!! lol... Anyways I will try my best!! :)

So update on actual diet - last week I was very ill, I had nausea for 5 days and was physically being sick for 2 days, I spoke to me CDC and she said it would be very unlikely for the diet to be affecting you on week 5 so most likely a stomach bug!! Although it was horrible being ill but I was kinda hoping for a big loss this week due to it, but NO! just 3.5lbs!! but hey not bad and still in the right direction! yay!

Due to me being sick last week I have completely gone off soups!!! I can't stomach them at all and feel sick even thinking about them!! So from now until I reach my goal it is just shakes and bars!!

Tried the mix-a-mouse last night, hated it!! Is there a trick to making it nice? anyone else tried? Help!!

Hope all of you fellow Minimins are doing well :)

Back