Hannata's spiking - week 2 - 5lbs lost (calorie breakdown on 1st post)

hannata

I can haz cake?
Calorie Breakdown
------------------

Week 1
1week1.png

Week 2
1week2.png

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how you get on hun. Look forward to reading it :)

I seem to be a sufferer of metabolism death... my medication history has a lot to explain for it... immune suppressants (which apparently can in certain cases slow down the metabolic process too!) cancer drugs, anti rejection drugs, and a bucket loads of stress with all of that has just worn my metabolism away. (i've not got cancer, just a very acute immune disorder including; psoriasis, arthritis, ibs, and raynauds)

I've noticed a pattern though. If I have a bad day/weekend, my hunger seems to retire for a while and my weightloss just speeds off like a bullet... yeah i'll put on, but it comes off again very quickly. So hopefully this is finally the diet I can 1/ stick to and 2/ actually works for me!

---

ok so i didn't do my KB today... my hip has started to hurt again (arthritis) so I figured I won't push it too hard. :(

Finalised my diary at 1357/1300 but I made myself eat something to get near my goal. On a regular CC diet i'm on the 1500/1700 mark and I often found myself wanting to eat beyond that, so 1300 is a major unknown for me. Good start.

Several things i'm changing in my diet at the mo:

* less salt - had a shake of salt on my dinner, put the salt AWAY, not on the table where i'm tempted to get more.
* Natural yoghurt - getting rid of that muller/weightwatchers diet yoghurt nonsense. The real stuff fills me so so much more.
* Less artificial sweeteners - getting myself off sweeteners as much as possible. Gonna opt for higher calorie stuff with SUGAR in it instead of that sweetener garbage. I was a shocking addict and I didn't realise until today. The only thing I'm keeping is my sugar free squash as it helps me get down water without too much heartburn/acid reflux.
* drink at least 2 litres of water!

Trying to purify my diet as much as possible. Will probably be eating junky food on my spike days but sweetener is definitely going, and i'll keep the water up and salt down.

Oh and yes, piccy of dinner:
5f1a1c1f.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly before I forget, what is the book called? I just wanted to share this with you
My mother in law who is trying to cut down on sugar and doesn't like the sweeteners because of what's in them has done research into a natural substance that comes entirely from a plant and is natural. She couldn't get it for ages in this country because it wouldn't be approved, no approval no sell.
Rumour had it that it was because it could potentially harm the sugar industry and last month she looked into sourcing it from abroad.
Anyway it turns out that SILVER SPOON now produces it and is now available on the British market, and is called stevia.
It's much sweeter than sugar so very little needs to be used, she thinks its wonderful stuff and thought you might like to know about it.
Looking forward to hearing of your weight loss journey x
Claire

Stevia is great. America has had it for ages. It's quite pricey, but in my opinion worth it. It's completley natural and has ZERO calories. No apartame or crap. Same consitency as sugar, so behaves in exactly the same way. No powdery texture or bubbling reaction to water.
I love the bloomin stuff, and like mcv said, I think it could do serious damage to the sugar industry.

Hope your hip feels better soon and you get to start flinging those kettlebells around :)

No it won't ruin the sugar industry, because it's the sugar industry who are now producing it over here x

No it doesn't have the after taste, it does have a very slight vanillarie taste, my mother in law cooks with it and uses it in drinks.
It is a little more expensive but you use so much less,
Thanks for the link to the book will take a look, will follow with interest your diary how you get on ,

Ohhh. Sounds pretty good.

I'm sitting between 3 and 4k calories today... Had 2 baguettes (footlong ones lol) with crisps and lots of philli for lunch, and indian (with all the trimmings) for dinner. Feels wrong but I am counting every single thing. And a "share" bar of fruit and nut later. :3

Not feeling the same as I do when I normally eat like this. There's no despair of destroying my diet because I'm counting everything, I'm enjoying it. Its excessive yes, but its on plan. Actually looking forward to getting back on plan and back to a lower number of calories, and to see the weigh in results on friday.

Am going to hold off weighing as the scales are known to be erratic when you have a heavy day, not even going to go there with negative thoughts... not in the first week. Would be interesting to see how it stacks up day to day but I know it will discourage me in the first week.

Back down to earth today... thinking about doing a high day because I quite fancy making a home made pizza for dinner..

Got to get the KB out, and I have to earn min. 500 calories to have a high day. (2000cals)

Didn't get the kb training started at the weekend because my hip arthritis flared up... so i'm looking forward to getting into it! I've got half an hour + to wait for the dough for pizza to rise, so I've no excuse really!

Last edited:
I didnt end up doing my dvd because my dvd player was playing up argh... :( Went slightly over my calorie intake but I'll not get myself too upset about it!

edit: actually just double check and i remember overestimating on the food when i was cooking, added extra flour, and extra cheese which i didnt end up using, so JUST came up at 8 calories remaining :p

Did 10 minutes of kettlebell workout last night and my body HURTS. achy back and legs.. talk about workout. lol

Last edited:
I don't feel too bad today.... went over my calorie intake and i'm more than on target to get a loss. have been having my lower days as 1.3-1.5k calories, but I could theorectically afford 1.6 for the last 3 days and still pull off a 1lb loss.

Not weighed at all mid week so far (achievement in itself) drank well over my 8 glass quota EVERY DAY this week (another achievement) and I'm letting go of obsessive counting. Giving myself a range of calories rather than hard and fast, and just doing a check every day to make sure what I've had is roughly on target throughout the week.

And because I've not weighed myself I have no idea how I'm doing and REALLY looking forward to the surprise on saturday :p

Hope you get a loss Hannah, have been interested to see this- not heard of it before. X

Yeah the spike book is very interesting, the fella who wrote it is very dedicated to the science of eating and he was big himself, lost it all with spiking. I'm trying not to let the diet manifest itself into another one of my obsessions like normal, where i'm making myself eat 10 calories for the hell of it or worrying about going over my daily cal intake. I've set my allowance at a good weight loss so that if I go over a bit its not the end of the world nor is it going to hamper weight loss. Learning to let go is really the challenge for me.

Have ordered the book hannata & looked @ the website. Really enjoyed one of the articles he had posted - 'The Fat Trap', written by a New York Times journalist.... Also trying to break the aspartame addiction - drink 2L Pepsi Max a day :(. BAD stuff. I wasn't too overweight until I started drinking it. Even though it's zero calories, it disturbs the balance of the body & makes u crave carbs and sweet things apparently... Hey ho! Will flick through the book when it arrives. Good luck!!

Back