Han's doing it right this time ?!

the_last_time

Gold Member
Hello!

After a little lurking & passing on some 'advice' I thought I best start practicing what I preach!!

I'm 33 & haven't got loads to lose, 1st ideally, I tend to sit around the 9st13-10st4 mark & really I'd like to be in the early 9s for Christmas & maintain that for a while!! If I manage to keep it off I may be tempted to aim for below 9st but I like my grub & booze too much, so chances are pretty low!

I'm not very strict & my weekends can get out of control SO my aim is to be good as gold on 'school nights' so to speak & not worry at weekends....eek!

I weighed in on Tuesday morning after my holiday @ 144lbs

This week has been ok ish so far, I use my fitness pal, allowance of 1520 calories/day.

Stats:
Tues - 1571 consumed: 210 exercise: +159 difference in the bank
Wed - 1582:210:+148
Thur - 1353:0:+167
And so it begins... Fri - 1948:210:-212

So technically some in the bank....exercise is just my commute to work, so real exercise starts next week :)

Well today's been not great, or great depending on how you look at it!!

Brekkie - fruit salad, beans on 2 WW Danish
Snack - nuts & raisins
Lunch - tuna, bean & m&s 'superfood' salad, quavers
Snack - wine gums!
Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with low fat cheese & wrapped in very thin pancetta fried in a little oil & white wine, potato rosti, salad..... THEN

Half a bottle of cava, glass red wine AND m&s millionaires shortbread pudding....mmmm delish!!!

I did meander for at least 2hrs today but defo over my 1520 allowance ;)

My problem is I like to have treats every weekend!! Oh dear. Still I had planned for this & what I'm trying to figure out is if my weekends have a bad effect. After a weekend off the wagon I often give up & it's back to week day naughtiness! But I have big weekends planned now through till end of oct so I'm hoping by being on track during the week & upping my exercise will stand me in good stead!! I'd like to get down to 9st6 by Christmas, I was 10st4 when I weighed in last Tuesday, so 12lb in 15 weeks, doable but the question is can I do it?!! ;)

Of course you can do it! Yeah it's a good idea to up your exercise calories at the weekend then and just remember if you do go over its not the end of the world the important thing is getting straight back on it - damage limitation lol good luck x

the_last_time said:
My problem is I like to have treats every weekend!! Oh dear. Still I had planned for this & what I'm trying to figure out is if my weekends have a bad effect. After a weekend off the wagon I often give up & it's back to week day naughtiness! But I have big weekends planned now through till end of oct so I'm hoping by being on track during the week & upping my exercise will stand me in good stead!! I'd like to get down to 9st6 by Christmas, I was 10st4 when I weighed in last Tuesday, so 12lb in 15 weeks, doable but the question is can I do it?!! ;)

Hey! Here to follow :) I was the same, always wanted treats at the weekend and even had a takeaway Friday that me and my OH and family did religiously! I've managed to slowly cut down on those kinds of treats and now instead cook my own curries etc and I think they taste so much better and are cheaper / low in cals. I occasionally still have a takeaway or eat out or I'd be depriving mysel too much which I don't think works. You can definitely reach your target! :) xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the support :) my plan on Friday night was to be good & make a squarish wrap pizza, far less calories, but no I got tempted...need to stop being tempted by silly things & save it for important things!!

Still back on track today :)

Brekkie - plum, nectarine, small bowl branflakes & trailmix with skimmed milk (246)
Snack - (leftover) 3/4 pack M&S sushi & a meringue shell (111)
Lunch - pasta with sweetcorn & peas with a cuppa soup as sauce (lazy) & side salad (251)
Snack - nuts & raisins & quavers (160)
Dinner - homemade chilli (no beans OH fusspot) with rice topped with a little curd cheese (595)

Drinks - teas, water & squash - dry till Friday :(

So the meringue shells were on the side, now in the cupboard (out of sight out of mind - ha!) & the quavers were also just there. Instead I should have had some fruit, more nuts or a yoghurt. I know it's not just about the quantity of the food the quality counts too & nuts are more filling than quavers!!

So total at 1275 which ain't bad, I feel a sweet treat & a cup of proper tea coming on! ;)

the_last_time said:
1385 total (green & blacks at 110c ;) )

Hi can I follow .???
Can I ask how tall you are .?? I also sit at the weight range you do .. Currently 140lbs ..!! Was 138 before hols abd came back at 142..!!!
I'm 5ft abd almost 1in tall :)
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Of course, the more the merrier :)

I'm 5ft2 and that a important 1/2! :) it counts when you're this short!!

Weighed in this morning at 10st exactly :) :) So that's an amazing 4lb off !!! Although don't think I've given the weekend a chance to catch up on me yet. Still I'm hiding the scales till next week so no sneaky peeks :)

the_last_time said:

Weighed in this morning at 10st exactly :) :) So that's an amazing 4lb off !!! Although don't think I've given the weekend a chance to catch up on me yet. Still I'm hiding the scales till next week so no sneaky peeks :)

Wish I could hide my scales :)
So youre not too much taller than me and we weigh the same ... Whats the betting you'll lose before me lol .... I take soooooo long to lose ..!!!
Xxxx

Well it will be a first!! I always lose a decent amount week 1 but come 9st11 I usually stop & struggle to get down further, so doubt I'll beat you!!! Still 'it's not a competition!' ;) I'm going to hunt your diary out if you have one :)

the_last_time said:
Well it will be a first!! I always lose a decent amount week 1 but come 9st11 I usually stop & struggle to get down further, so doubt I'll beat you!!! Still 'it's not a competition!' ;) I'm going to hunt your diary out if you have one :)

Just re-read your post & there was nothing about beating but betting....should really read more carefully....I'm a bit slow sometimes :)

Right clearly it's crazy how many times can I post time, but I have 5 mins while the pots are in the micro, so....

Today's diary

B - branflakes with trailmix & skimmed milk (214)
S - nuts & raisins, 2 small plums (135)
L - tuna, feta, pasta & salad veg with olive oil & balsamic dressing. (234)
D - sausage casserole with lots of veg & jacket with a knob or two of flora light then 1/2 nectarine a few strawbs & yeo valley yoghurt (785)

Total - 1367

I know hardly anything during the day & masses in the evening, not good but that's pretty much (just to sound as cool as the kids I work with) how I roll ;)

Can anyone answer me this question - jacket/baked potatoes. I know potatoes lose GI goodness depending on how they're processed & WW used to account more propoints for jackets than other potatoes....but is this just a weight thing?? I tracked on mfp & went for raw weight, when it says baked pot is that cooked weight because it's way more....it can't gain calories because of the way it's processed surely???? Sorry I'm being a bit more than a little bit thick but I thought I'd best check !

the_last_time said:
Right clearly it's crazy how many times can I post time, but I have 5 mins while the pots are in the micro, so....

Today's diary

B - branflakes with trailmix & skimmed milk (214)
S - nuts & raisins, 2 small plums (135)
L - tuna, feta, pasta & salad veg with olive oil & balsamic dressing. (234)
D - sausage casserole with lots of veg & jacket with a knob or two of flora light then 1/2 nectarine a few strawbs & yeo valley yoghurt (785)

Total - 1367

I know hardly anything during the day & masses in the evening, not good but that's pretty much (just to sound as cool as the kids I work with) how I roll ;)

Can anyone answer me this question - jacket/baked potatoes. I know potatoes lose GI goodness depending on how they're processed & WW used to account more propoints for jackets than other potatoes....but is this just a weight thing?? I tracked on mfp & went for raw weight, when it says baked pot is that cooked weight because it's way more....it can't gain calories because of the way it's processed surely???? Sorry I'm being a bit more than a little bit thick but I thought I'd best check !

Hope not .... Coz I do a lot of my food raw weight ... So if it gains calories during cooking then I'm stuffed lol
Maybe ... That's why I find it hard to lose :-/

I seriously don't know the answer ... But maybe ..... The potato loses weight as it cooks so a 250g spud raw isn't the same as 250g cooked weight .. Need more spud .. Therefore itll be more calories ... Am I making any sense ..??
Cxxx

the_last_time said:

Well done on the 4lb loss!! xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you I'm really chuffed & this week going well so far, so will hopefully counteract the fall out after this weekend....beer festival!!

Today's diary

B - muesli, yoghurt & berries (240)
S - banana, nuts & raisins (168)
L - ready meal chicken Provençal & a few grapes (319)
D - 3/4 ham sandwich, quavers (314)
S - warburtons thick toastie with flora light & curly wurly (256)

On a late shift today with set breaks so no real evening meal time which is why I had a hot lunch & why my diary is a bit funny & full of convenience food :)

Total: 1297

linski24 said:
Hope not .... Coz I do a lot of my food raw weight ... So if it gains calories during cooking then I'm stuffed lol
Maybe ... That's why I find it hard to lose :-/

I seriously don't know the answer ... But maybe ..... The potato loses weight as it cooks so a 250g spud raw isn't the same as 250g cooked weight .. Need more spud .. Therefore itll be more calories ... Am I making any sense ..??
Cxxx

I think that's it, I weighed them once cooked & they'd lost weight....I was just panicking!!! Don't take my jackets away!!! :)

the_last_time said:
S - banana, nuts & raisins (168)

What's going on with cool dude smiley?! Should read 168

Today's diary

B - branflakes, trailmix, milk (283)
L - salad veg with tuna, feta, beetroot, pasta & olive oil (276)
S - grapes, nuts & raisins (158)
D - turkey with veggie/tomato/chilli sauce, soft cheese & pasta (581)
S - green & blacks (73)

Total 1371

So still doing well for me!

Got a whole chicken from the bargain bin at waitrose today for £1, just roasted that up for tomorrow lunch, dinner & much much more!! Love a bargain!

Back