Happy to lounge around in the 9's thread

hello! i'd like to join this thread too. i started on cambridge and lost 3 stone going from 12st to 9st, then switched to up/down day splitting calories by 2000 on ups and 500 on downs. it worked for a few weeks and i lost weight after an initial gain and got to 8st 12lbs but struggled with the 500 on downs. i am now doing it again but doing 1700/700 this time so calorie counting but splitting it differently every day. had a few weeks off, not even going too mad but enough to put on half a stone :( so im now back up in the 9s, desperately trying to get into the 8s and maintain there this time!

Hiya,
When i started calorie counting i was 10 stone, I am now 7 stone 10 pounds which is a healthy BMI for my height now.
I think 500/700 calories a day is very extream and will make dieting seem like more of a chore.
I think the best way is to stick to the lowest of 1200 calories a day to keep your metabolism going..
Thats what i did & yes it did take 7 months & yes it is hard but it will be worth it in the end.
I was also recommend some exercise if your not doing some already as this is what really pushed my weightloss 30-60mins 3 times a week is what i tried to stick with.

I really no how hard it seems when you dont have as much weight to lose but you will get there in the end..
Stay Motivated..
Jade x

hi jade, sorry i think you've read it wrong, im actually doing 1700 cals one day then 700 the next so it averages out at around 1250 per day over a weekly period. the diet was profiled on horizon as alternate day fasting and there are a load of health benefits with it other than weight loss. basically you 'fast' one day so thats the 700 cals day then 'fuel' the next so you get a balance and it helps kickstart your metabolism too. on the 700 cals day i find i eat more because i have a lot of low cal veg and fruit throughout the day, then on the 1700 day, i tend to eat 3 set meals and allow some treats also. im also doing exercise too, 3 hour long classes a week plus 30 min gym sessions 3 times too when i have the extra time so im hoping this'll work for me :)

Ah i see, i still couldnt live on 700calories one day even if i was eating them back the following day.
Id start to chew my arm off lol. The 1700 days sound amazing to me though!
Wow thats alot of exercise! Go you, i love classes as i always feel like the push me to my limit.
Looking at your stats you have done amazing so far just keep going

Ah i see, i still couldnt live on 700calories one day even if i was eating them back the following day.
Id start to chew my arm off lol. The 1700 days sound amazing to me though!
Wow thats alot of exercise! Go you, i love classes as i always feel like the push me to my limit.
Looking at your stats you have done amazing so far just keep going

thanks hun! you have done really well too, cal counting can be a hard slog to stick to but well worth it in the end as you've shown, from 10st to 7st 10lbs is amazing! im on a 1700 day today so looking forward to that! yesterday i ate an apple and pear sliced up for breakfast, 2 tuna mayo sandwiches (nimble bread and low fat mayo) and yogurt for lunch then i had a grilled skinless cod fillet with potatoes, carrots, cabbage and cauliflower for dinner. in total i went slightly over had around 750 cals but, it was all filling stuff and surprisingly you dont feel like you're starving because of all the fruit and veg :). today i'll have a similar diet but something more substantial for dinner and a extra chocolate as a treat so im following a decent diet but taking advantage of my extra cals today! got zumba again tonight too so looking forward to that! x

Hi there

I have just got into this thread by a whisker! Was 9st 13lb this morning, hoping to get to mid 8 to be at my goal weight but this last stone is probably going to be the trickiest to shift!!

hi all! how is everyone doing? i feel like im stuck at 9st 5lbs at the mo, been here for a few weeks now and cant seem to get moving. hoping that my plateau will shift soon tho as im exercising regularly now so maybe im holding water/increasing muscle mass. i dont feel heavier but then i dont feel lighter either :( but will keep persevering! x

Hi Lumpyandbumpy and Clanger- do you guys have diaries on the forum?

I need to stay on the straight and narrow this week, wobbled a bit yesterday as coming down with a cold and feel awful (so ate chocolate and 2 crumpets with my healthy soup for dinner :(). Still feel rubbish but going to make sure I hit the gym this evening.

aw bless ive had a bit of a cold too but i had a curry on the wkend and went to the sauna in my gym yesterday so it seems to have shifted after that! ive got a diary but its on the juddd forum as thats what i started on after following a vlcd. im in 2 minds whether to keep juddding (calorie shifting) or just follow a set amount every day. currently i eat 1700 on an up day and 700 on a down day which is great but then some days i just think it may be easier to just stick to 1200 per day and maintain my regular exercise. will persevere for another week or so then maybe see how i feel. i think i may join my local slimming club as i think when i have to weigh in i tend to be better behaved! x

hello!

im currently at 9.4, doing atkins this week for a quick drop and will prob follow low GI with calorie counting from then on. also exercising around 4-5 times a week too doing a mix of kettlebells, zumba and gym sessions. you're doing well on your loss, 2lb a week on average is fab, especially as you're getting nearer to goal! x

I'm desperately trying to get into the 8s.... I'm 9st 5 right now but I'm guessing weigh in isn't gonna be too good after the amount of crap I've eaten this week!! Back on track today.

I am 9st 13lb this morning. Want to stop teetering on the brink and get safely into the 9s and enroute to the 8s :D

Back