Happychip's Confessions of Being a Foodaholic

Happychip

Hi all. I've just joined minimins and the Slimming World community. I went to a few meetings but decided that it wasn't for me so am now doing it from home. I have the support of my wonderful other half whom is doing it with me and am looking forward to reading all the posts here and being some support to others too. I have quite a bit to lose, about 5 stone, so hopefully this will be a journey to behold.

I have officially started my Slimming World diet from today (as went shopping last night) but thought that I'd post a sort of introduction before I start writing my food diary this evening. So hello and feel free to point out anything I may have overlooked, as am only a newbie to all this. Thank you and happy reading!

:)

Day: Saturday: Extra Easy
Breakfast: Grilled Bacon, Baked Beans, Scrambled Eggs, 1 dessert spoon of Heinz Sticky BBQ sauce and 1 slice of toasted (400g loaf) wholegrain bread served with a big cup of redbush tea with a dash of semi skimmed milk
Lunch: Egg Salad (hard boiled eggs mashed with lighter than light mayo and cress) on a bed of mixed salad leaves with a tablespoon of light choices honey and mustard salad dressing and 1 slice of wholegrain bread spread with teaspoon of flora margarine
Snack: 4 Laughing Cow Light Triangles
Dinner: Chilli Fries (Quorn mince, canned tomatoes, sweetcorn, peppers, onions, garlic, worchestershire sauce, oregano, paprika, cumin, chilli powder, 1 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce and Slimming World chips) served with Fat Free Fromage Frais
Snack: Highlights Hot Chocolate Sachet mixed with a Fat Free Greek Yogurt and Strawberries to dip

Syns: 6

Sunday: Extra Easy
Breakfast: Tesco Low Fat Toffee Yogurt mixed with an Apple
Lunch: Fried Cheese Sandwich (28g of Cheddar with a tsp of Flora, 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread, spread of BBQ sauce, fried in Frylight) - was very short on time
Dinner: Sticky Pork Stir Fry (Pork, soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of honey, chilli powder, squeeze of lemon and lots of stir fry veg) Totally forgot noodles to go with it so ate huge portions of veg :p
Dessert: Fat Free Fromage Frais with 1 sachet of White Chocolate Options and Strawberries

Syns: 9

Last edited:
Monday: Extra Easy
Breakfast: 24g of Fruit and Fibre with semi skimmed milk
Snack: 3 x Laughing Cow Light Triangles
Lunch: Grilled Bacon, 2 Fried Eggs (in frylight) and Baked Beans with a mug of Bovril
Dinner: Baked Sweet Potatoes with Quark Mint Jelly Filling
Snack: Kiwi

Syns: 2
Have been feeling a little poorly and lost my appetite. So found it hard to have 1/3 superfree foods.

mmm chilli fries sound yummy! sorry to hear you're ill, hope you feel better soon! xx

Thank you Amelie :) Chilli fries were yummy... and chilli dogs... and chilli generally. Thank goodness for Slimming World chips.

Tuesday: Extra Easy
Breakfast: Apple and 1/2 Tesco Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt
Lunch: 2 x Wholemeal Bread Slices and 1 x Laughing Cow Triangle with grilled bacon and 1 tsp of tomato ketchup
Snack: Baked Sweet Chickpeas (Can of chickpeas, roasted with sweetner, nutmeg and cinnamon)
Dinner: Wholemeal Spaghetti, Vegetarian Meatballs, Canned Tomatoes, Worchestershire Sauce, Garlic and Sweetcorn and Peas
Snack: 175ml Semi-Skimmed Milk with 15ml of Vanilla Flavour Syrup

Syns: 3

Back