Harcombe diet virgin

gillianjean

Hi there, I have started the harcombe diet today, have read loads on internet and watched Zoe on youtube. I am feeling really hyped up at this stage but I have been here before with slimming world (lost nearly 2 stone only to put it all back again!) What I find interesting is the candida thing, as I am definately obsessed with eating high carb snacks, savoury and sweet. It would be great to think I could cure this addiction in phase 1, (loving the live yougurt by the way after eating low fat for years) Has anybody found that their cravings have stopped?
I weighed myself this morning and was 14st 11lbs. I am 59 in a few weeks and I really need to get to grips with my weight before I end up disabled. I have arthritis in my neck and back and I think it's on it's way to my knees! I think I read somewhere that wheat can make arthritis worse has anyone who has got it found any benefit from the diet?
I have got a wedding to go to in 3 weeks and the dress I have bought is really tight so I need a quick boost.
What can I expect to lose and can anyone help with any tips for the evenings which is when I do most damage?
Thanks all

Well it's day 2 and I've lost 3lbs already (I know it's only water) but I feel less bloated than usual, yesterday was fine and I didn't even have any cravings for carbs on the evening, only the yogurt! I think I will have to buy individual pots instead of the 1kg as I eat 500g yesterday and I keep thinking calories/points even though I know I shouldn't. Menu for yesterday was:-
Breakfast Ham & Tom omelette
Lunch Salmon Salad
Dinner Salmon Stir fry
plus the yogurt
Today is :-
Breakfast Eggs 2 Bacon 2 and 4 baby toms
Lunch Tuna Egg & Olive salad
Dinner Vegetable curry and brown rice
If I am going wrong anywhere will somebody tell me, also where do you get rice pasta from?

Hi gillianjean. I have just started the harcombe diet (on day 2) and I'm not feeling much different. Really missing tea and coffee as I can't force myself to drink it with no milk and herbal teas just aren't the same!
I'm bought the book and was quite intrigued about candida as I am also a fan of hi carb foods. Hopefully this diet will cure these cravings!
The only question I have is about brown rice... Do you just have brown rice or does it need to be whole grain?

Hi I am still reading the book on my kindle so not really got to grips with harcombe yet and still a bit confused. I hadn't realised we could go back to eating normal yoghurt :) did you tube explain the diet? Looking forward to starting.

Hello, I've been doing the Harcombe Diet since Feb and have lost 2 stone eating mainly "fat meals" and love it...........my weight loss is slow, but I feel great. I don't eat any wheat as I find it does stall my weight and like I said I eat mainly fat meals so have butter, extra thick double cream, cheese and love it. I find the fatter cuts of meat are much tastier too. The whole point of the HD is that you learn to listen to your own body and no two are the same, so what works for me may not work in the same way for you. Be very careful when you go onto phase 2 and want to add new foods as this is where you can actually stall any loss or even gain slightly as you may eat something that doesn't suit your body, so it is recommended that you add one new food for a week before adding something new. Hope that makes sense. Then you can work out what it is that suits you and this is where I found that wheat is a no-go for me as is fruit, tho I do eat berries with extra thick double cream as a treat :):) On phase 1 I lost 7lb in the 5 days and was over the moon with that. If you want to lose weight quicker then you can stay on phase 1 for longer as you are not restricted to just the 5 days, tho I do think ppl can get fed up being so restricted. With regards to milk in tea and coffee I only drank water on phase 1 and suffered hugely with caffeine withdrawal for bout 3 days :( Now I drink decaff tea with lactofree milk and decaff coffee with cream. Hope thats answered some questions for you and its nice to see other Harcombers on here :):)

Back