Harcombe Phase 1- Join me?

cready

Hello All,

After a close friend of mine having a new lease of life after completing phase 1 of the Harcombe diet I was interested to read Zoe's theories. *After reading about the 3 conditions I am most definitely addicted to sugar! and I am pretty sure refined sugar is my trigger for binges as well as anxiety which leads to me overeating. *I need a diet that not only helps me lose weight but retrains my relationship with food and any addictions I have. *Following years of calorie restricting diets I am constantly losing/gaining/overindulging/starving hungry! My body has no idea whether its coming or going.

After reading the book I have the food in the cupboards and a belly fully of will power!! i will keep you updated with weight loss and I would love to hear from anyone starting and maintaining the diet.

Best of Luck everyone. *I will weigh in tomorrow

Carly*:)*

Hi Carly,

I'm on day 4 of phase 1 and have lost 6lbs so far! Very pleased with the results and I'm feeling very motivated now! Have to say that I haven't felt too awful on phase 1 (it's my first time) but I don't drink caffeine normally so suspect that might be why. I have felt a bit hungry at times but only because I eat loads normally and lots of sugar so that was inevitable. I think that because I've seen such good results on the scales I haven't let it worry me and have just upped my portion sizes. We had the butternut squash curry for tea tonight and it was really lovely.

in theory I should start phase 2 on Friday but I'm just trying to get my head around the rules and thinking about meals that will work for my family but no complaints so far. We've had lots of meat/fish in foil parcels with some herbs and lots veg so they haven't really noticed :D.

hope you're first day goes well, drink loads of water and have things at hand to distract you if you get hungry!!

Hi Noo,

Congratulations that's a fantastic loss :) how was day 5? Do you mind giving me an example of what you have been eating?

Day 1 went well I had porridge with water, chicken salad, tuna steak and veg with some nyv I had put it in the freezer and I have been eating it frozen its so nice!! And it stops me scoffing it all in 30 seconds.

I have a dull headache but I think that's the lack of sugar but I'm surprised my appetite is so small today.

I have a night shift tonight! Praying it is busy so that I am not sidetracked with food thoughts.

Please keep me up to date with your journey :)

Carly xx

Hi Carly,

I've been having bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast or sometimes Indian scrambled eggs (onions and tomatoes softened in a bit of butter, pinch ground coriander and cumin then scramble with the eggs). Bought some brown rice cereal which had for lunch one day but dry without anything and was ok but only cos I was really busy and wolfed it down!

For lunches I've had salads - egg, prawn, tuna and just used olive oil as a dressing. For tea we've had chicken sprinkled with tarragon and wrapped in foil with roasted veg - butternut squash, carrots, courgettes. Did salmon in foil with beans and I had brown rice and the kids and hubby had potato wedges. Last night made butternut squash curry which was delicious and tonight I made it with chicken instead. Have missed a meal but can't remember what that was!

I have really enjoyed the meals I've made, do like cooking anyway and it's been good to make different things, think that I got into a rut of eating bad stodgy meals and then feeling really sluggish. I have so much more energy, I have felt a bit empty but not too hungry really although did sleep in yesterday and have to miss breakfast which was a bit of a struggle mid morning!

im supposed to move onto phase 2 tomorrow but have been really busy and haven't really got my head round it yet so not sure how to do it properly yet. I have done low carb diets before and do enjoy that we can have a bit of rice which keeps me feeling a bit more satisfied. I'm looking forward to the next step but hope I manage it ok, want to shift some weight and like that its come off quite quickly at first!!

hope your night ok, catch up soon :)

Back