harley fit clinic/groupon voucher scam :(

knickers

sorry not a strictly dukan post but its weightloss, and the daft stuff i'll do for it

feeling very sorry for myself and a bit stupid today as im down £300 after falling for a load of bo**ocks :(

at the end of november i bought 4 sessions of 'wow fat zap' at the 'harley fit clinic' via groupon.co.uk for £300 (meant to be £1000 apparently) where theyre meant to zap your fat with these lasers and you can lose up to 7 inches in 20mins. being very pear shaped i got very exited, fell for it, and bought the deal.

it then took me a week to get through to the 'harley fit clinic', calling an 08445 number from my mobile (theyre only open mon-fri-10-6) about 10 times a day, which cost me loads, and sending emails asking them to call me - youre urged to buy more from them before you can submit the email which was really irritating, but no one emailed back at all, just an automated response.

at this point i was getting a bit cheesed off but eventually got through to someone and booked my 4 sessions for the next available slots - starting jan 18 2011.

well, 3 weeks ago i was trying to get in touch to reschedule and failing miserably, so i went to 61 harley street, the address on their website, and theyre not there :eek: - there was just a note on the front of the door from the actual doctors who have a practise there asking people looking for the harley fit clinic to please stop ringing the doorbell.

hundreds of people bought that deal on groupon.co.uk and the week before they had a different deal for a colonic irrigation that about 2000 people bought.

ive been emailing groupon for 2 weeks now about it with no answer, there is a phone line but its 15p per minute and im done with wasting more money that way.

tried to claim back via paypal but 45 days have passed so i cant :(

gutted. this is what i get for buying rubbish like this anyway! feel like a right tit.

god thats awful xxxx
sadly con merchants know who to target and they get on with it without a thought for anyone.....trading standards is your only way to go now , but i wouldnt hold your breath .....
sorry its happened to you though

I would go to the police, sounds like fraud or obtaining money by deception to me.

I'd threaten Groupon with going to the newspapers - they are doing a lot to build their reputation right now and my guess is they will suddenly do anything to avoid the bad pr - this is exactly what they don't want!

Also speak to trading standards they can be very very helpful.

So sorry this happened to you, what a lot of money to loose.

I'd threaten Groupon with going to the newspapers - they are doing a lot to build their reputation right now and my guess is they will suddenly do anything to avoid the bad pr - this is exactly what they don't want!

Also speak to trading standards they can be very very helpful.

So sorry this happened to you, what a lot of money to loose.

Sorry to hear that. I hate scammers.

I think lajlaj's advice is very good, and you should most DEFINITELY contact the Trading Standards people about this. They should be able to advise you, too, I think.

Oh sweetheart that is awful. You mustn't feel bad for falling for it though, these people are very experienced persuaders and just look at how many others did the same as you.
(((hugs)))
x

thanks guys, been researching all weekend, and i think groupon.co.uk are responsible for giving me the refund, but no one has been able to get through to their customer support line since mid december, och well, i'll keep trying! i'll definitely try trading standards, been on their website and feeling a bit more positive

if ive not heard back from groupon by the end of next week i'll definitely be taking an afternoon off work to go see them,

Groupon

Hi, I have also got vouchers from Groupon for colonic hydrotherapy booked for March. I had an email about two weeks ago from Groupon saying that the Harley Fit Clinic had moved and gave their new address. Unfortunately I have deleted this email so I will have to ring them. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will get sorted out.:fyi:

Harley fit Scam Scam Scam

:( You are not alone, there is hundreds or even thousands groupon customers in this situation when i bought my voucher there was more than a 1000 vouchers already sold, I bought groupon voucher for Laser fat removal and also on the Harley fit website there was another offer for colonic hydrotherapy, I bought this aswell,Now i have bought from Groupon before and had no problems but Harley fit is a nightmare took me a month to get a call from them I did get an appointment for a month later for laser treatment and 2 months later for colonic hydrotherapy, i did ask for refund for hydrotherapy but they never came back to me regarding this matter, also they told me to go back to groupon for refund , by this time it was too late. Also Harley fit is no longer in Harley street this is not what i signed up for, can anyone actually tell me what is going on?

I have had no treatment at all for either, and i need help with refund.:confused:

sorry not a strictly dukan post but its weightloss, and the daft stuff i'll do for it

feeling very sorry for myself and a bit stupid today as im down £300 after falling for a load of bo**ocks :(

at the end of november i bought 4 sessions of 'wow fat zap' at the 'harley fit clinic' via groupon.co.uk for £300 (meant to be £1000 apparently) where theyre meant to zap your fat with these lasers and you can lose up to 7 inches in 20mins. being very pear shaped i got very exited, fell for it, and bought the deal.

it then took me a week to get through to the 'harley fit clinic', calling an 08445 number from my mobile (theyre only open mon-fri-10-6) about 10 times a day, which cost me loads, and sending emails asking them to call me - youre urged to buy more from them before you can submit the email which was really irritating, but no one emailed back at all, just an automated response.

at this point i was getting a bit cheesed off but eventually got through to someone and booked my 4 sessions for the next available slots - starting jan 18 2011.

well, 3 weeks ago i was trying to get in touch to reschedule and failing miserably, so i went to 61 harley street, the address on their website, and theyre not there :eek: - there was just a note on the front of the door from the actual doctors who have a practise there asking people looking for the harley fit clinic to please stop ringing the doorbell.

hundreds of people bought that deal on groupon.co.uk and the week before they had a different deal for a colonic irrigation that about 2000 people bought.

ive been emailing groupon for 2 weeks now about it with no answer, there is a phone line but its 15p per minute and im done with wasting more money that way.

tried to claim back via paypal but 45 days have passed so i cant :(

gutted. this is what i get for buying rubbish like this anyway! feel like a right tit.

It's a shame that there are people out there prepared to take advantage of others who are obviously trying very hard to loose weight. Loosing weight is tough, although the rewards are amazing. I see it everyday and my advice is to avoid quick fixes and invest your money in exercise.

T.

Just saw this and was wondering if OP ever got this resolved? One of my chums who's a small business owner told me that they don't ANY money from Groupon until the voucher's redeemed and even then its minimal and they have to submit loads of paperwork for each transaction.

I just wonder if the resolution should being coming from Groupon? Either way - I hope it worked out for you!! Its the worst to get scammed/cheated or whatever - if you pay for a service, you should get it.

Best of luck to you!!

Thats awful, I have used groupon many times for hair cuts, false tans etc and not had any problems, my friend used it to get his personal trainer business started and worked great but obviously someone saw a way to make money out of people :(

Back