Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

harrissa powder

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by louisedan, 31 March 2010 Social URL.

1. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Does anyone know where to find it-I can only find paste? I know its low on syns but I feel like I,m wasting them on a spice

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I have searched everywhere looking for this stuff, I gave up but found this on the internet, you would leave out the oil & not reconstitute the dried chillies:
    Harissa Recipe- Northern Africa

This spice blend is traditionally used to flavor couscous. It is a very hot chili paste. This recipe can also be served as a spread along with bread or tossed with pasta, rice or steamed vegetables. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. A milder version of this paste can be made by using sun dried tomatoes in place of the dried chilies and adding 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
    Ingredients:
    • <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>1/4 cup dried chilies <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>4 cloves garlic <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>1 teaspoon caraway seeds <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>1 teaspoon cumin <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>1 teaspoon coriander seeds <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>2 teaspoons dried mint leaves or 2 tablespoons of fresh
    • 1/3 cup olive oil
    Directions:
    1. <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>Reconstitute the dried chilies by covering them with boiling water and letting them soak for 30 minutes. <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>Drain off and discard the liquid and squeeze out any excess moisture.
    2. Grind the reconstituted chilies and all the remaining ingredients to a paste using a mortar and pestle, blender or food processor.

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks julie

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bart Spices Ltd Harissa Paste 1 level tbsp

[​IMG] ½ Syn on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original ½ Syn [​IMG] Green ½ Syn

You're not likely to use large amounts in a recipe so when divided between portions the syns will be neglible so I count it as free.

6. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks girls -thought the pAste was more than that.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.