has anybody not lost weight on the SW plan?

broxi

ButtErFly
I find it very difficult to lose weight and have stuck to many diets with little success. Just wondering if everybody loses weight while sticking 100% to SW. I don't care if i only lose 1lb a week, just as long as I lose. So far, I feel fatter, lol, with all those big plates of veggies!

In my experience everyone loses weight overall if they stick to plan 100%, apart from odd weeks when they gain but that is to be expected with any diet. Of course you have to be a bit sensible and not scoff ridiculous amounts of free food just because you can, like 10 bananas and eight muller lights a day for example. You also need to make sure you get your third superfree in every mealtime. I wouldn't worry too much Broxi - I bet you'll lose.

If I stick to the plan 100% it works for me. It's just the sticking to it 100% I struggle with sometimes. If I haven't lost I always know the reason.

It works!

I eat like a horse each day and have managed to loose 6.5 stone within a year, just stick to plan.

Yesterday:

Breakfast, two toast with baked beans, one egg, cup of coffee, a glass of cordial and an apple ( 6 syns total due to spread on toast)
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese with a side salad, followed by 1/4 of a pineapple and a handful of grapes, glass of cordial (2 syns)
Supper:Couscous with peas & onion, ham, boiled egg and a side salad, followed by 1/4 pineapple, handful of grapes, a glass of cordial (1syn)
Treats: 1x Mullerlight Yogurt, 1 mini sized chocolate (2 syns)
1x Hea (375mL milk)
1x Heb (2 Toast)

Pete

It could be what you are eating, some fruit include alot of sugar, which puts stress on the body which could lead to weight gain, such as Apple, blueberry, banana, especially dates and fig for a few examples, thats why strawberries and melon are super speed because they contain water more than sugar. Also it could be your carb intake, like pasta, rice, process pasta (mugshot, mash), you could have a little tolerance to it like I have, since i dont have pasta, just a tiny bit of rice with chilli and only one potato aday, im losing weight and dont feel tired anymore or in pain. Have you had symptoms, of been tired alot? weight staying the same or gaining? lack of concentration? feeling bloated after a meal? if you have said yes to some of these like i have, then have a look at the condition CI or type in tolerance to carbs and see if that helps.

Hope this helps
:)

I've always stuck to plan 100%. I love SW & recommend it to everyone BUT it doesn't work for me like it should. I would have months on end where I'd STS or gain every week & my C had no idea why, my diaries were good & I regularly exercise. I have now found that too much free food doesn't work for me. I don't eat tons or massive meals but having something like couscous with lunch & a jacket potato for dinner would make me gain. I now track my calories but totally follow SW, I just can't eat carbs with every meal & all the fruit I used to (4 apples a day plus other fruits really add up in the end). Anyway in the 9 weeks I've been doing this I've lost about 10lbs.

You have to find what works for you. SW will work for you but maybe you can't eat as much as others, or you need to vary your meals more. Go through everything & see what you can adjust.

Thanks for help people, I do think I will probably need to limit my carbs somewhat as I feel fatter this week!

I did it a couple of years ago and didn't really lose, but ate loads of pasta and potatoes etc. this time I'm trying to restrict my carbs a bit as well as exercising loads and already feel much better for it. So for instance if I have a big baked potato at lunch I'll try to avoid having a pasta bake for dinner etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've always stuck to plan 100%. I love SW & recommend it to everyone BUT it doesn't work for me like it should. I would have months on end where I'd STS or gain every week & my C had no idea why, my diaries were good & I regularly exercise. I have now found that too much free food doesn't work for me. I don't eat tons or massive meals but having something like couscous with lunch & a jacket potato for dinner would make me gain. I now track my calories but totally follow SW, I just can't eat carbs with every meal & all the fruit I used to (4 apples a day plus other fruits really add up in the end). Anyway in the 9 weeks I've been doing this I've lost about 10lbs.

You have to find what works for you. SW will work for you but maybe you can't eat as much as others, or you need to vary your meals more. Go through everything & see what you can adjust.

I was going to say about calories... You say you are calorie tracking.

Can you tell us what your calories are coming out at on an average day? (Remember, it's all about calories.. Energy in vs Energy out.) There is a sweet spot, and if you underhit it you can make weight loss very hard.

gazter said:
I was going to say about calories... You say you are calorie tracking.

Can you tell us what your calories are coming out at on an average day? (Remember, it's all about calories.. Energy in vs Energy out.) There is a sweet spot, and if you underhit it you can make weight loss very hard.

If you're doing SW then there's no need to count calories.
If you're counting calories then you aren't doing SW I'm afraid.

Back to Slimming world.... Go back to basics, read your books, be honest with yourself, are you really having 1/3 superfree every meal? Are you reaching for superfree for snacks?
Are you measuring those healthy extras?
Synning every bite of naughtiness?
Are you tweaking?
Are you checking your free foods? Your Healthy Extras??

Back to Slimming world.... Go back to basics, read your books, be honest with yourself, are you really having 1/3 superfree every meal? Are you reaching for superfree for snacks?
Are you tweaking?

With all due respect this is nonsense. Firstly she isn't counting calories she is tracking them, and secondly slimming world is a low calorie diet just like every other weightloss diet. If you consume more calories than you use you won't lose weight no matter what the name of the diet.
T
By checking her calories it might indicate if she is doing something wrong, if she is eating too much or too little.

Are you tweaking?

I do Extra Easy & usually have more than the 1/3 superfree with each meal. I have both HEX's everyday & always weigh them, I never ever guesstimate. I have on average 10 syns each day & note down every single thing I eat. In other words, I do SW by the book.

I used to eat egg on toast for break, couscous salad for lunch & quorn with plain couscous/quorn stir fry/small pasta bake (an average day) for dinner. I tracked this one week to see what I was taking in & it was over 2000, even though my meals sizes are decent & never too big. 2000 cals makes me either gain or maintain. This is now why I do SW but make sure I don't go over my daily calories or I won't lose.

SW should be about eating the right foods & losing weight but sadly for me it isn't, it's not that simple. When I ate SW, doing it by the book, I would gain at least every two weeks. Since doing SW but tracking how much I'm taking in I've lost almost every week. It also makes you reaslise that sometimes you can cut back on snacks & things or your meals are a little bigger than they need to be. It's a good way of analyzing as a lot of people do find they are not losing as well at times on SW & it's because they are unnecessarily eating or eating too much free food. I can't eat lots of Free food & lose, so I had to dig deeper. It's about finding what works for you.

By doing what shirleen says though she will automatically reduce calorie intake without having to count, track or any of the other things that calorie counting suggests. SW shouldn't need to be about counting calories if you follow the rules and that's why it works. It's meant to teach you a way of life rather than just reducing it to the usual diet calories in calories out philosophy which we know does not work as the dieting industry is testament to.

gazter said:
With all due respect this is nonsense. Firstly she isn't counting calories she is tracking them, and secondly slimming world is a low calorie diet just like every other weightloss diet. If you consume more calories than you use you won't lose weight no matter what the name of the diet.
T
By checking her calories it might indicate if she is doing something wrong, if she is eating too much or too little.

'with all due respect'????
If you want to call in tracking/counting etc that's fine. But that's NOT SW!

It is beyond my understanding why people PAY for SW and still track calories. Track calories or follow SW.
Simple things like stopping when youre full make the diffrence between watching and weighing every calorie and naturally reducing your intake steadily.

It is beyond my understanding why people PAY for SW and still track calories. Track calories or follow SW.
Simple things like stopping when youre full make the diffrence between watching and weighing every calorie and naturally reducing your intake steadily.

Because the Slimming World plan just sits on top of the calories. It's a very successful plan that enables lots of people to lose weight while following a low calorie diet without having to think about it.

It isnt magic. There isnt anything special about it. By following the rules it can be quite difficult to eat enough calories necessary to maintain your body, thus you get a loss without having to weigh everything in and out.

I rarely if ever dont eat something because of the calories, but I do use calorific values and fat percentages in food as guides for the purchasing of meats etc. I dont say "better not have that mugshot because the calories are shockingly high".

When I started I wanted to be in knowledge of all the facts and ideas around dieting. I didnt choose Slimming World specifically. I ended up meeting a slimming world consultant in an unrelated situation and she seemed like a really great woman who sparked the idea of weight loss that wasnt a punishment.

I committed myself 100% to the diet and have spent a lot of time and effort keeping the sweet spot of what I eat. I investigated BMI, BMR and the harris benedict equation. Periodically I would spot check what i have eaten by entering a food diary in Foodfocus.co.uk, it often showed that i need to be careful to eat a bit more etc.

I have tried to follow the programme and treat it as an experiment in exercising control over my body.

I hit 90 1/2 pounds off this week.

I suppose its hard to understand how SW works and to put your faith in it completely and if you are someone who has done other diets/cc and/or just wants to have some sort of control/idea of what you are eating calorie wise then you would do it but there in't the need as it works well without the extra work of calorie counting etc as you say

People obviously use the plan in very different ways. I chose the plan because after years of an ED snd calorie counting i find it liberating not to look at 1 calorie or carb because the plan has done it all for me.

Back