Has anyone cooked SW Syn Free Spagetti Bolognaise in Slow Cooker ?????

this-is-my-time

I normally make this when I come in from work however I have decided to use my slow cooker more often. It obv helped me last week as I lost 3.5lbs. My main issue is when I come in from work, I am normally staving and that is when I tend to pick at wee bits here and there. By using the slow cooker, dinner is ready when I am home and it is fab! I have put this in the slow cooker this morning. I browned off the mince first, then popped the mince, chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic, beef oxo cube, salt and pepper into the slow cooker. I am not sure if this will dry up and I am not at home to check on it. I have cooked this on low so hoping it is alright!! I wont be home until after 5pm :mad:

I normally make this when I come in from work however I have decided to use my slow cooker more often. It obv helped me last week as I lost 3.5lbs. My main issue is when I come in from work, I am normally staving and that is when I tend to pick at wee bits here and there. By using the slow cooker, dinner is ready when I am home and it is fab! I have put this in the slow cooker this morning. I browned off the mince first, then popped the mince, chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic, beef oxo cube, salt and pepper into the slow cooker. I am not sure if this will dry up and I am not at home to check on it. I have cooked this on low so hoping it is alright!! I wont be home until after 5pm :mad:

Thats what i have in the slow cooker today, i have made it before as with chilli - mine doesnt dry up its lovely and its better to pick at a spoonful of the syn free tea rather than biccys as i am the same when i get home from work, im starving ! Hope it turns out well :)

Thats what i have in the slow cooker today, i have made it before as with chilli - mine doesnt dry up its lovely and its better to pick at a spoonful of the syn free tea rather than biccys as i am the same when i get home from work, im starving ! Hope it turns out well :)

Aww thanks huni .... that's what I thought. The slow cooker is great and I just love the smell of the dinner as soon as I walk through the door :)
Do you add the same as me to yours? I have used a full carton of passata as I was worried it would dry up. I never had any onions left in the house so I will get them after work and cook them up when I get home then add them in.

Any ideas how many syns I should add in as it is the lean stuff I got, never had any extra lean left :-( x

Nice! Love my slow cooker!!

lean mince is 2pts per 100g raw weight usually. Hope that helps! X

Thats helps thanks. I have not out my slow cooker on today. Will be stir fry tonight for dinner. What do u normally cook in your slow cooker? xx

Just been given a small 1.5l slow cooker by the in laws today, so wanted to find something to try it out with tomorrow! Going to give this ago I think!

Any other recipe's you have tried that work well?

Thats helps thanks. I have not out my slow cooker on today. Will be stir fry tonight for dinner. What do u normally cook in your slow cooker? xx

Sorry I just saw this question! I normally use it to slow cook joints like gammon in diet coke or a whole chicken roasts really nicely for dinner if you sit it up on some balls of crushed foil. Stays really really moist. I have also made curry and chilli and chicken stew type stuff. I'm not particularly imaginative, I'm the same with my Actify and stick to basics. My husband likes what he likes if you know what I mean but I did buy a slow cooker recipe book and may try some more things now winter is closing in on us! Today I am going to try roasting a gammon joint instead of putting it in liquid!

Nice! Love my slow cooker!!

lean mince is 2pts per 100g raw weight usually. Hope that helps! X

ha just spotted the residue POINTS...of course I mean SYNS (blimmin weight watchers legacy!!)

Back