Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Has anyone ditched Slimming World for Weight Watchers?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by charliebecca, 14 February 2010 Social URL.

1. charliebecca

charliebecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im currently at SW and have been for nearly 6 weeks and tbh im getting really disheatened as ive only lost a few pounds. i know i dont have much to lose but according to SW it will take me something like 5 months to lose the weight! Has anyone found ww better? advice greatly appreciated

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm also a SW girl - been doing it on and off for about 10 years now! I think it is a great 'diet' and does work - certainly for me in the past as I did lose over 3 stone in 3 mths on it (but two babies and a bout of PND it's all crept back on again!). HOWEVER, I am in the process of switching to WW as I'm bored of SW - I find I have to eat the same things all the time and it always requires lots of cooking which I don't have the time for now. I just want a change and new focus and am hoping that WW will give me that. Plus help me learn about portion control which SW hasn't done for me.
    Anyhows, sorry I can't really help as I haven't actually started WW yet! I think there are a few people on here at the moment that have switched from SW.

Nanny Jax likes this.
  4. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Im a recent convert to WW, and am finding it tough- i'm hungry, but i love how i can eat what i want, i just need to watch my portions, and WHAT I have- i'd deffo reccomend giving it a go if SW isn't working for you :)

5. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If your hungry hen are you making good use of all the 0 pointed foods that you can have
    0 point soup
    0 point Egg white omelettes filled with veggies etc

6. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers

well i havn't got much food in, i think its all psychological, on SW im used to eating as much as i want of certain foods

7. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah I know I did SW for a few weeks before turning to WW I couldn't get on with all this eating untill your full business if I knew how to do that I wouldn't be fat in the first place, I was hungry for the first couple of days but now just fill up on free veg etc whenever i feel the need

8. kelly811

kelly811 Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i've just switched too, think i need the portion control of WW that SW doesn't give you, I loved the fact that u cud eat unlimited but don't think it liked me! it also motivates me to exercise to gain activity points

9. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just switched from SW to WW too for the same reasons as kelly. I'm on my 5th day & I am missing munching on fruit. I did weight watchers just before my wedding & lost a stone & before that I did SW for years (so long my old consultant came to my wedding!).
    I do find weight watchers a bit of a faff but went & got myself some scales & measuring jug for my desk drawer at work so can keep with the measuring & weighing lark when at work. If I am totally honest I think WW is going to give me the quick fix before my big holiday to austrailia in mid april that I need then I will probably got back to SW while I am away as it is easier as I know it so well.

Hope all that makes sense

10. magicstar

magicstar Member

Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I have also tried both diets and ww is better for me as it is my portion sizes that are the problem. I found sw ok to stick to but only lost 1lb in 3 weeks. I have been doing ww for 4 weeks now and have lost 7lb, I like how you can eat anything on ww, small amounts of some things obviously but nothing is banned.

11. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Ive had my first WI in with WW, and have lost more in one week than i lost in a week with SW! definately made the right choice!!!

12. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats fab! Well done glad you are finding ww good so far x

13. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I havent done WW myself and LOVE SW, but i've heard that WW is considered good for people close to target or with not a lot to lose for portion control to shift the last few lbs.

xx

14. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i have swapped between the 2,and like both for different reasons, i find the portion control better on ww,but feel i have more freedom on SW althought the losses are much slower,but thats just my experience

15. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Im switching today (via atkins for a week) I just cant eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as I want and lose weight - I need to learn portion control and I also need to control my carb intake so I think ww will be a better option.

16. kelly811

kelly811 Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well 1st week of ww after switching from SW and 3.5lb off, over the moon and sticking with WW from now on!

17. lisanat

lisanat Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.37%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I had my first weigh in with WW this week too. I lost 3 lb - I never lost this much in a week with SW. I am definately impressed so far! fingers crossed it will carry on! xx

18. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its also good for those of us with LOADS to lose ;)

19. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    sw sounds tempting in some ways but ww is better for a normal life ie going out, take aways etc which sw doesnt accomodate for

20. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I dont know how ww eorks apart from points but we have syns on SW for nights out and i manage well, you can have flexi syns to so you can have what you like.

21. Caroline18

Caroline18 loves her boy right round

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey Guys, i have done Sw mostly and am seriously considering joining WW this Monday. I think i need a more diciplined diet. I was sitting eating tonns of chilli all day and night and only loosing a tiny bit weight! i think by joining WW it will give me the pick up i need! :)
    Just a bit confused as to how the payment side of things work....any help would be appreciated? i.e how much is it weekly? (can only see monthy on w/site) and how much for books etc? thanks guys x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.