Has anyone else had to use guesswork to set their goal weight???

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Hi everyone,

Just curious if there is anyone out there like me!!!

Basically I have always been overweight, even when I was a child. I never weighed myself until starting CD and the smallest size I can ever remember being was a size 14 when I was about 12!!!!

I have no idea what weight I was at size 14 and I have no idea what weight by body is capable of slimming down to! My target weight is 11st 5lbs which is the top of the healthy BMI range but I don't even know if I can get that small?? I know I shouldn't worry about it too much now but I just don't want to set myself an impossible target :banghead:

Does anyone else have this problem? :sign0163:

Does anyone know what size (roughly) I would be at 11st 5lbs (I am 5'7")?

Just looking for some advice really :psiholog:

Gem xxx

lol my target is the same as yours as i have no idea either last time i was thin i was 9.5 stone and 16yrs a size 12/14 so i had no idea when to set my target.

I have the same worries people say to me picture yourself at you goal and i have no idea how that would look

Yes me-like you I've always been overweight so just picked the middle of the healthy weight range but will assess that as I get nearer to it.I'm also 5ft7 and everyone says I don't look as if I weigh as much as I do so I might need to stay at the higher end of the range(I hope LOL)

Same here polishrose. No-one believes me when I say I weigh nearly 18st. I hide it well I think. That's why I am aiming for the top of the healthy range. Being in the healthy range is so important to me because I don't want to be 'overweight'. I have always been that and enough is enough! My CDC wants me to aim for 12st 7lbs but that is still pretty overweight so I set my own target! x

hi, well im also 5ft7 and currentlt weight 11st10lbs and am a size 14 on bottom and a 12-14 on top, hope this helps xx

Gem, I am 5'7 and I got ill (only way I lost weight :D) and got down to 11 stone 2, I could get into large size 10s then but was a 12. I have set my target at 10 stone but i would like to be 9 stone 13 just to say 'i am 9 stone something' haha. seriously I would like to be a size 10 though :) hope this helps

I've had to guess! The lowest weight I remember being as an adult was 14stone. I can't remember what size I was then - around a 16/18 I think.

I have had several people tell me that 10st 7 is too low for me - but it is right in the middle of the healthy range so I can't see how it can be?

thanks guys! that gives me an idea at least.

i just can't imagine being a size 12! i have been size 16+ for so long it seems so unobtainable!

i just picked the top of the healthy range. i have never been lighter than 15 stone since i was a kid so this is all new to me. i think i need to stay near the top as i don't want to look too skinny like a beanpole.

i agree with you guru. when i got down to 14st 11lbs before everyone was telling me to stop because i had lost enough. i was still classed as obese, i still had a spare tyre, i still had huge bingo wings and i still had saddlebags with their own postcode!!! x

I think the thing is that people are so used to seeing us as big folk that they find it hard to imagine us thin, and even though our BMI is still overweight they think we might be harming ourselves. Either that or they're jealous :D

I got down to 16st 13 on LL which is MASSIVELY overweight still and people were telling me to stop dieting then!

My goal weight is 11 stone - but i'm a titch at 5"4 so I'm not 100% sure if when I get there 11 stone will still be large. At the moment though, that is my 'goal' But if I feel I still want to loose more I may continue with CD.

I can only remember ever being size 16 and can not imagine being much smaller, but i'm desperate to be! and WILL be.

It's all quite hazy....I really don't know what to do, until I get there I guess :)

Hugs x x x

Looks like we are all in the same boat then!!! What an uncertain adventure this weight loss malarkey is! x

Looks like we are all in the same boat then!!! What an uncertain adventure this weight loss malarkey is! x
lol :D Tell me about it! Gosh, how I wish Hogwarts was a real place and *puff* we'd all be thin - either that or i'd fly off to the Maldives and not have a care in the world!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My first goal is to lose 50lbs... I really couldn't bring myself to set a "weight".... because at the time it just seemed so unrealistic but now i know it isn't!!

So 50lbs is my first goal which will take me down to 11st... which doesn't seem too far away now.

I will set another goal then... because now I know i'll be able to reach it!

Lynne
x

Oh yes I'm with you on Hogwarts but wouldn't we be changing everything??? I would definitely change my hair and make it longer!!! x

My goal weight is 11 stone - but i'm a titch at 5"4 so I'm not 100% sure if when I get there 11 stone will still be large. At the moment though, that is my 'goal' But if I feel I still want to loose more I may continue with CD.

I can only remember ever being size 16 and can not imagine being much smaller, but i'm desperate to be! and WILL be.

It's all quite hazy....I really don't know what to do, until I get there I guess :)

Hugs x x x

Hi Emma, if it helps - I'm 5ft 4 and am currently 11.7 stone and comfortably fit into a size 14 on the bottom and can squeeze myself into a size 12 on top..... might help you decide what size you want to be :)

Well If we're going to start on everything we'd change, buggar it - i'll turn myself into Angelina Jolie - oh how pleased my HB would be with that as a thought!!! (tough sh*t eh!) lol

Hugs x x x

Hi Emma, if it helps - I'm 5ft 4 and am currently 11.7 stone and comfortably fit into a size 14 on the bottom and can squeeze myself into a size 12 on top..... might help you decide what size you want to be :)

Ooh thanks hun. I was hoping a size 12, so I may have to aim for 11 stone. Having said that our shapes are all so different. I'm normally bigger on top than on the bottom.

It really is a waiting game...:sigh:

Hugs x x x

Back