• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Has anyone ever been on a boot camp holiday?

how about this one?.. :)

Boulder Outdoor Survival School This might just be the most arduous – and consequently slimming – holiday experience you can pay for. A 14-day field course in the badlands of southern Utah, it teaches the art and philosophy of wilderness survival through genuine puddle-drinking, root-eating hardship, with perhaps 15 miles of hiking a day, no modern gadgets allowed and a period of solo survival to negotiate. Guests have been known to shed two stone in one seriously tough fortnight. To get through this holiday, you will have to kill a sheep. Really.

£1000+ each for 1 week???? blimey I got to start running one of those from my spare room...
I'll cook for you all week for that and chase you with a cattle prod... should get the same results.. :)

lmao and what discount will I get for aiding your weightloss whilst chasing me with the cattle prod?

I went to the new you boot camp, it was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally worth it. I'd do it again. I lost 7lbs, but the overall body toning was great x
I need a challenge which is one of the reasons this tempts me, do you have any information for the one you did?

The thought has crossed my mind before, but after going to Center Parcs for the first time a couple of months ago, I think I'd rather go there and do activities all day long - would work out a whole lot cheaper than the bootcamp holidays, and you've got relaxing things to do there too.

God I sound like a sales woman!

It was in the Brecon beacons. I think they recently did something on gmtv or this morning I don't know which. It's about £950 for a week. The days were long, usually up at 6 and out for a run. Exercise was about 8-10 hours a day. We did gorge walking, a 8 hour hike. Lots and lots of walks. Weight training, boxing, group games. I've written it all somewhere, if I find the diary I'll pm you with more specific details xx
Thanks that would be great! I know it isnt cheap but I just think it would be worth it

I need to research this a little more I think, and maybe find a partner in crime as my other half nearly had kittens when I suggested it to him lol

The thought has crossed my mind before, but after going to Center Parcs for the first time a couple of months ago, I think I'd rather go there and do activities all day long - would work out a whole lot cheaper than the bootcamp holidays, and you've got relaxing things to do there too.

God I sound like a sales woman!
I'm with you on this! My husband & I just got back from CP in Sherwood Forest (We try to go as often as we can) & spent the weekend we got back resting from all of the activities! Lol.

Just imagine, you could play tennis, go for a hike, swim & then relax at the spa! :D Pure heaven

You pay for the cabin, rather than per person. I was so impressed with the cabins, don't know what i was expecting, but it certainly exceeded it.

There's a little village of shops, bars, restaurants and coffee shops with a little supermarket. I must say I was actually pretty impressed with the supermarket, I was expecting over-priced happy shopper, but it was really good quality, and not too expensive either.

I'd always been put off as i thought it was really expensive, but it's only the more 'extreme' activities which are pricier, plus there's loads of free things to do. I faced my fear of being seen in a swimming costume, and then i didn't want to leave the pool- and there were an awful lot of very big people in there, so it's not like it was full of super-skinny's.

I went to the new you boot camp, it was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally worth it. I'd do it again. I lost 7lbs, but the overall body toning was great x
I am full of admiration for you.

Your weight losses are impressive.

I had a look at the link and they look super places though I think I will give it a miss and just walk to the post office to pick up my pension lol !!!!

I have been to centre parks, and its not what I am looking for in this instance, I want something regimented which is set for me....Centreparks I would be to busy thinking about what I could be doing lol....they are chillaxing breaks

Just thinking, have you got any boot camps running near you? They seem to be popping up in most towns now and have several intense sessions a week. I know the one in colchester costs £70 for the first month, and then it gets cheaper the longer you're there. You can go to as many sessions as you want, and the local one has about 9 a week at different times.

Anyway, just another idea!