has anyone ever refeeded and maintained without putting on weight

loopyloudrewitt

has anyone ever done the refeed and then maintained there weight after coming off tfr ? would judt like to know as am gettin bit wrried with everyone seeming to gain and all

im wondering about this too .... there must be a success rate! surely!

I think when you initially come off then you will put on a little.... 4/5lbs as you will be eating carbs again!!! But it will just be a bit of water that you store!!! x

Maintaining your TFR losses will depend on your own ability to do so. I did TFR for over 26 weeks and lost about 89 lbs. I maintained this loss and also lost another 29 lbs through following a Gi plan.
My advice is find a plan you feel you can stick with, decide on a weight range you want to maintain within, adopt an 80/20 rule which will allow for treats for 20% of the time.
Keeping the weight off does require effort but it is worth it.

I lost another stone through re-feed and maintainace within 6months after my first stint at TFR and kept if off for over 3 years. Due to a very tough time, being quite sick and falling really into depression after that I put 2 stone back on in a very quick period of time (being snowed in for a month halfway up a mountian last winter didn't help and so huge bowls of pasts were eaten!!).

I lost 4.5 stone first time round and maintained for 3 yrs gained nearlt 2.5 agian and have lost it. I don't think everyone re-gains at all I know had I not been sick I wouldn't have. The trick is don't buy new clothes cause youb can't fit in your old ones...

I've been off TFR for six months now and not gained. Only back on TFR now as "phase 2". Hopefully in 4 to 5 weeks I'll be below a BMI of 25 and will finish with it for good.

Eat like you used to and you will put weight on, eat as you should and you will be fine. Simple as that really.

I've been off TFR for six months now and not gained. Only back on TFR now as "phase 2". Hopefully in 4 to 5 weeks I'll be below a BMI of 25 and will finish with it for good.

Eat like you used to and you will put weight on, eat as you should and you will be fine. Simple as that really.

Biffo's right- you got to remember once you finish the old saying changes to 'inside me is a fat woman dying to escape'. While I only got slightly out of healthy BMI it was too much the trick as well is to continue weighing in, tracking weight and nipping any gains in the bud. It's important as well to have a plan for when you come off I lived by GI crossed with 80/20 rules which was loose enough for me to stick too easily and maintain.

has anyone ever done the refeed and then maintained there weight after coming off tfr ? would judt like to know as am gettin bit wrried with everyone seeming to gain and all

I have maintained within a few lbs here or there for well over a year now. I'm currently 10.9, and when I finished TFR I was 10.7 so it can be done!
Just remember that you will regain some of the weight you have lost if you return to your old eating habits. It also doesn't depend upon the way you lost the weight either, weather it be TFR, WW, Slimming World or Atkins.

Clair x

Hi.. iv just finished first week of Re feed and i got weighed this morning and lost 3 lbs... x

Hi.. iv just finished first week of Re feed and i got weighed this morning and lost 3 lbs... x

That's brill news Gillyella! Gives me hope, as I'm starting re-feed soon with the hope of continuing to lose a little each week until Christmas goal. How u keeping anyway hun?

x S

Hi Shivie :) I'm great Hun thanks. You? Delighted as I was terrified when I started eating felt so full after so little. Have kept very strict eating just roasted fish, chicken, turkey breast with either salad or veg.
Still feeling little anxious & missing the security of 100% but I do hope it proves to people that refeeding & maintaining doesn't mean extra lbs if you do it right & eat healthy. Can't wait to get back on tho as iv a further 2.5 stone to lose.. Xx

Having done tfr for a couple of months, I re-fed before a trip to France (staying with my parents, so knew I could make/control my own meals, for most of the time). On my re-feed week I didn't lose anything, but I was visiting a friend and we had a few glasses of wine and stuff, so hardly surprising!

I've been eating for about a month while I've been away - a lot better balanced meals than I used to have (less carbs and more fruit/salad/veg) but not really denying myself too much. The most obvious changes I've made have been replacing breakfast cereal with fruit or yoghurt (or just skipping altogether, if I had a late lie-in!) and cutting out solid chocolate (which I used to eat several squares of, every single day!)

I included little bits of cheese, olives, even a sliver or two of salami with my salads, but only small amounts, cut up small so that I could spread the tastes throughout the meal... I ate a patisserie probably every 2 or 3 days and had an ice-cream at least once a week! Ate out at restaurants 2 or 3 times a week, though I tried to pick as healthily as I could and maybe just have a starter and a side salad in place of a main meal.

I was expecting to put weight on, but was telling myself it was ok, because I knew I was going to start the tfr again and could undo the damage.

Turns out I lost 7lb! LOST! I couldn't believe it... :faint2:

That's given me a lot of hope that maintaining won't be as hard as I'd feared - as long as you stay aware and keep checking your weight. I TOTALLY agree with Mrs JK - nip things in the bud and don't give in to buying new/elasticated clothes!

Thinking back, I probably also upped my exercise while I was away - went swimming a number of times and probably did a lot of walking without realising it (sight-seeing and wandering around galleries and stuff...)

Now I'm back and on tfr for the last leg, but I'm aware I'm not so active. I guess that should be a personal goal - to try and find some exercise I can fit into a routine and stick with...

:whacky068: :character00116: :character00115::whip:

I lost 8st with TFR and on november 9th I will have been maintaining that loss (bar a few lbs) for 2 years :)

Think of it not as a diet, not as depriving yourself but changing your entire attitude to food and embracing a 'healthier' lifestyle.

For me exercise is key. Without it I wouldn't be maintaining but there are some that don't exercise & still manage perfectly fine maintaining.

There's a section on the lipotrim forums for those maintaining and that where all our diaries are and where we usually 'hang out' so head over and have a read of some of them :)

Last edited:
I lost 8st with TFR and on november 9th I will have been maintaining that loss (bar a few lbs) for 2 years :)

Think of it not as a diet, not as depriving yourself but changing your entire attitude to food and embracing a 'healthier' lifestyle.

For me exercise is key. Without it I wouldn't be maintaining but there are some that don't exercise & still manage perfectly fine maintaining.

There's a section on the lipotrim forums for those maintaining and that where all our diaries are and where we usually 'hang out' so head over and have a read of some of them :)

Can i just say you look AMAZING!!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!!! x

Deezer said:
Can i just say you look AMAZING!!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!!! x

Ah thanks! :)

before lipotrim, many of us have tried, and stuggled to adhere to low fat diets. Fat satiates hunger, helping you control your appetite - take the fat out of food, there's no flavour so food companies fill these so called 'healthy' options with sugar! when you're eating low fat, you're likely eating high carb. The starches and sugars send your blood glucose levels rising and crashing, leaving you feeling hungry with an appetite you cannot control, reaching for food - dieters on low fat diets often feel deprived and then find they cannot stick to the diet, binge and end up in the same place they started.

so WHY lipotrim advise us to eat a very low fat to maintain our weight losses I do not know! it really is no wonder there are so many regainers on the lipotrim foum.

in my opinion if we were advised to eat a low carb, high fat diet post lipotrim - there would be a lot less 2nd and 3rd time lipotrimers, makes me sad to see.

Anyone interested, or wanting to understand in this alternative option should watch this-

The Food Revolution - AHS 2011 - YouTube

Hi summergirl. I would like to read those. Where are they?

Here you go:

Lipotrim Maintenance - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

My diary is called ♥ ~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary ~ Year 2 ~♥

There's also JanD's and kered's diaries.

We have all been maintaining for 2years (about) and more. There are a couple more diaries on there but at the minute those girls are dabbling back into tfr/2replacements & one meal etc.

I think you shouldn't listen to everybody else and listen to yourself and your own body.

We (as in us on the maintenance side) have all dabbled in different ways of maintaining. For me its calorie counting & exercise, for others its healthy food & portion control. We never deprive ourselves of anything and do drink alochol, pretty much every weekend. But, here we are 2years on and still going strong.

Don't let anyone sway your mind, there are so many different 'diets' out there but its ultimatley down to you to find the best way that suits you & your body to maintain :)

Here you go:

Lipotrim Maintenance - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

My diary is called ♥ ~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary ~ Year 2 ~♥

There's also JanD's and kered's diaries.

We have all been maintaining for 2years (about) and more. There are a couple more diaries on there but at the minute those girls are dabbling back into tfr/2replacements & one meal etc.

I think you shouldn't listen to everybody else and listen to yourself and your own body.

We (as in us on the maintenance side) have all dabbled in different ways of maintaining. For me its calorie counting & exercise, for others its healthy food & portion control. We never deprive ourselves of anything and do drink alochol, pretty much every weekend. But, here we are 2years on and still going strong.

Don't let anyone sway your mind, there are so many different 'diets' out there but its ultimatley down to you to find the best way that suits you & your body to maintain :)

congrats for maintaining for so long,you must be so happy!

I too definitely think it's important that everyone find their individual plans that work for them. I don't think anyone should take what I (or anyone else) says as fact, of course not! I think everyone should look up all the info on nutrition and health that they can in order to inform their own opinions and find the option that is going to work for them. It's such a shame to see so many people returning to TFR having regained, as they must be struggling to find that option.I think it's important to open up discussions around alternative approaches for all the reasons mentioned above.

It is a shame to see people returning but its true what they say in that TFR is the easiest part! The hard slog comes to when you have to maintain and think for yourself which is why, it is good to have different approaches but also just find the one that works for you.

There might be alot of trial and error or you might just get it first time.

I would suggest if you are interested in the GI approach have a look at irishmolly's diary in the low gi section of this site - her diary is pretty good and she managed to to tfr, then low gi and lose more and is now maintaining following the gi principles :)

Wow summergurl that is fantastic and really gives me hope. Well done and you look so good.

Back