Has anyone got the HTC Wildfire S phone?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've got it coming on Wed & just hope that I haven't made a mistake by getting the wrong phone!

I wasn't sure whether to get a HTC or a blackberry, in the end I opted for the HTC

Any reviews or comments?

I have the incredible S and after some hiccups, namely that the incredible doesn't agree with their "gingerbread" operating system, and makes bad things happen, its otherwise an ace phone. If the phone you are getting already comes with gingerbread installed it should be fine, it seems to be the ones that didn't that have the problems with it.

Android minimins app is free and great, lots of free apps to choose from in the marketplace, just be sure and get an anti-virus app first, and run that, I use AVG, its free and a well-known anti-virus brand. The reason I say get an anti-virus is because marketplace isn't as well supervised as the Apple app store, and some unscrupulous types can put dodgy apps up on there. Check reviews of apps before you get.

I love it generally, its fast at browsing, phone seems clearer sounding than old iPhone I had, and battery lasts well.

Thanks MLM I'll be sure to do that..X

Ive got the older version of Wildfire and I love it so much, it's a brilliant little phone - in fact I go on about it so much my OH is getting his very own delivered on Wednesday too! :)

I find the text messaging facility a little clunky, but GOSms app is fantastic for that, it offers customisable theme and tones too, and can speak the messages for you (which doesn't half make me laugh! :D )

I used to have the older version of the Wildfire and have to say, for me it was the worst phone I have ever had! I've just changed it for a Blackberry Curve 9360 which I find to be far, far better.

I found the Wildfire to have a terrible sound quality, the battery life was poor (the Blackberry isn't much better but I am using it far more and doing far more with it than the Wildfire!), screen response very poor and slow, web browsing was very slow, etc, but how much of that was due to the phone or due to the network I was on then I'm not sure.

Thankfully my network let me out of contract early for free, seeing as I couldn't use the phone at all once I moved house. I now have the Blackberry on a different network and it's far, far better.

Back