Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Has Anyone Had...

Discussion in 'Exante' started by bunny_hops, 15 August 2011 Social URL.

1. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    A tattoo while doing TS?

I've got a list of things I want to treat myself to while I'm loosing weight and hitting targets, I've now lost 6 stone and one of my treats is to get a tattoo. (I want the birth flowers of my 2 children)

Sometimes having a tattoo done can make you a little giddy, and some tattooists advise people to have something sweet before they come, just in case they get a little giddy. (I've had a tattoo before and didn't get giddy but I wasn't on a diet then)

Has anyone had a tattoo while on TS and have they been ok?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I've had a few tattoos and never once have I needed to take sugar beforehand... I reckon you'll be fine. You can apply EMLA cream to the site an hour before (its numbing cream) if you are that concerned x

4. Andie Pandie

Andie Pandie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.92%)
    Haven't had any of my tattoos whilst on VLCD, but did have a piercing, although my friend did and she was fine, think she said she had her bar before she went? X

5. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    I've got other tattoos and I've never had a problem before, the pain doesn't really bother me...I just wondered whether having a really low cal intake would make you a bit whoozy.. the tattooist (on his website)recommends people have a mars bar or similar before they come to prevent any giddyness..but I think that applies to more sensitive people, so I should be fine..

6. Andie Pandie

Andie Pandie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.92%)
    Yeah, I would have thought so. Maybe just to be on the safe side, have a bar/pack just before you go! Good luck! X

7. fizzyfluff

fizzyfluff Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.47%)
    Diet:
    Juddd
    Hey, the giddiness feeling is down to people's response to adrenaline. Me for example, I get the same response having a tattoo as I did when I was in a mild car accident. Really light flippy tummy and a bit of the shakes. I haven't had a tat on vlcd, but I could see how it could exasperate my adrenaline response, and would prob make sure I'd at least a bar in me before hand.

I've been thinking about getting another one soon, but a bit worried about the quality of my skin. It's not hanging down loose by anymeans, but I can see how there is a bit of give in it. Think I'll wait till I'm back on food so as the glyeceryn (whatever) is back under my skin first

63lb to lose. WI 1-4: -19. WI5, -2. WI6, +1. WI7 -5. 38lbs to go

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.