has anyone noticed .....

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Has anyone noticed how few people are posting on minimins at mo when I joined sw in Jan this site was bursting with new members and new info and now its all gone a bit quiet ..... I'm a minimins addict and go on A LOT every day and have noticed that other than a few new starters its very quiet .... I don't like it need more diet buddies

I agree, it has become quite quiet lately and yet I'm still obsessed.
I think part of the problem is perhaps that for a bit there people were becoming quite snappy when receiving advice (that they'd asked for) as it didn't 'suit them' and it irked older members who knew the plan inside and out and were simply trying to help so I think a lot of people tend to read and run now.

Jenna88 said:
I agree, it has become quite quiet lately and yet I'm still obsessed.
I think part of the problem is perhaps that for a bit there people were becoming quite snappy when receiving advice (that they'd asked for) as it didn't 'suit them' and it irked older members who knew the plan inside and out and were simply trying to help so I think a lot of people tend to read and run now.

I know the plan in and out just don't always choose to follow it lol

im a reader and runner, ive been coming to this site for years now as an sw on and off person, also im sure come january more newbies will join for the new year weightloss plan, plus there are also a few SW facebook pages out there as well as individual fb class pages too xx

Through my whole weightloss journey I kept coming on and never saying anything as it seemed to be one particular group of people and finally decided to say hello yesterday and glad I did cos everyone's been lovely! And now I'm addicted to posting lol xx

I know what you mean! I'm popping on every other hour nearly lol and I'm always hoping a few new threads will have popped up but it's usually very slow moving these days :,( There must be more people with silly questions to ask right?!! lol

Bernadette and mum said:
I know what you mean! I'm popping on every other hour nearly lol and I'm always hoping a few new threads will have popped up but it's usually very slow moving these days :,( There must be more people with silly questions to ask right?!! lol

I'm back again and 2 notifications whoop

Hi,have gone "cold turkey" so to speak having spent too much time on here,now only "lurk" every now and again,like today :-/

Ive only been using the site a couple of weeks and im addicted lol - I had commented yesterday how quiet it was. Im a night bird and i'm always up late at night so I keep checking for new posts etc. I was beginning to think everyone went to bed early OR they had a life outside minimins lol. Maybe we should start a thread called the 30 minute thread where someone has to post something at least every 30 mins lol

Texty_F said:
Ive only been using the site a couple of weeks and im addicted lol - I had commented yesterday how quiet it was. Im a night bird and i'm always up late at night so I keep checking for new posts etc. I was beginning to think everyone went to bed early OR they had a life outside minimins lol. Maybe we should start a thread called the 30 minute thread where someone has to post something at least every 30 mins lol

That's actually a really good idea!! X

I have noticed that myself as I am quite an obsessive user of this forum and get quite disheartened when there is little response. However, there are a lot of "older" members who stick to their circle of "friends" and hardly ever post elsewhere. (Otherwise known as cliques!) I have constantly tried posting on these sites but got really fedup with being ignored. Now I just write on my diary on occasion, or my blog, and try to encourage newbies when they join.
However, as you say Catherine, it does seem to be much more quiet on here than it was a few months back. Never mind, let's all be determined to support each other as much as possible anyway... :wavey:

I'd be lost without the thread for the twenty-somethings. It's gotten a lot more chatty lately. But the rest of the site has come to a crawl. I think a lot of diets fizzle out come winter, because nobody wants to be out walking/exercising in the cold, and it peaks again in the New Year because of all the resolutions.

I have noticed that myself as I am quite an obsessive user of this forum and get quite disheartened when there is little response. However, there are a lot of "older" members who stick to their circle of "friends" and hardly ever post elsewhere. (Otherwise known as cliques!) I have constantly tried posting on these sites but got really fedup with being ignored. Now I just write on my diary on occasion, or my blog, and try to encourage newbies when they join.
However, as you say Catherine, it does seem to be much more quiet on here than it was a few months back. Never mind, let's all be determined to support each other as much as possible anyway... :wavey:

Im a newbie!! I'm actually not to familiar with forums, I used a pregnancy forum for a while and to the hang of that one. Just trying to work this one out. Is it right that I av to make 50 posts in order to get the full benefits such as my profile and things?? Any help would be,ugh appreciated. Laurie x

Texty_F said:

Love it

Emmaline said:

Well if you send me your blog link I will send you mine :D

Laubride said:
Im a newbie!! I'm actually not to familiar with forums, I used a pregnancy forum for a while and to the hang of that one. Just trying to work this one out. Is it right that I av to make 50 posts in order to get the full benefits such as my profile and things?? Any help would be,ugh appreciated. Laurie x

I like you don't entirely understand it but after I'd posted comments a fair bit I got to add a pic I want to put all my award stickers on my profile but haven't a clue how and I've been on here since Jan lol

Haha ive not sussed out how to do that yet either Cat - it took me until yesterday to work out how to do my ticker lol people have some great signatures/interesting stuff going on with theirs. Mine still says edit my signature I cant get rid of that either boo hoo

Back