Has anyone tried..........................

fillymum

synful soul
Has anyone tried Iceland's own quorn style mince?

We pay well over 4€ for a pack of quorn mince, but in our Iceland we now have Iceland's own. Twice the amount is half the price of the quorn so it makes it a very tempting proposition.

We also have Iceland's spicy bean burgers that I would like to try................

I would be grateful for any input .....thanks.

I love quorn but never tried Icelands own, I didn't realise they sold it. I think it all depends what you are making with the quorn, I think it's worth buying just to try, think of the saving of it's ok.

I'd give the burgers a try, they sound amazing. We have an Iceland not far from work & I don't really go as often as I should.

Well. I tried it and it is fine, no different from the original quorn.

I made an SW shepards pie and it was scrummy and all the better for costing so much less.

I like veggy options ( burgers, sausages, meat balls) but for the life of me I do not like Quorn mince we tried it made spag bol I thought it was like wet shredded cardboard. LOL

I'm afraid I have to agree with peppypig on this one! How do you guys get it to taste appetizing?

I'm afraid I have to agree with peppypig on this one! How do you guys get it to taste appetizing?

with quorn mince it is what you cook it with that gives it its flavour. Unlike all the other quorn products it has nothing added.

For BOLOGNESE I use plenty of tomato puree, oregano and basil and a stock cube. I cook the onions and tomatoes first and then add the quorn. My husband can not tell the difference between the quorn version and the conventional version.

With other dishes the same applies, curry's etc need extra flavour. For Shepards pie I use veggiemite and worcester sauce and it is yummy...............................

I find quorn spag Bol made with a spicy tomato sauce (a supermarket one) with added peppers and chilli peppers is delicious. It will take on the flavour of what is added to it as it has none of its own - well, apart from wet shredded cardboard ......

Back