Has Green Tea affected your weight loss? Good or bad.

xSinead

Silver Member
Made so many threads about Green tea,
basically i've been drinking it all week, 3 mugs a day. I'm in love with it, its allowed on my Cambridge weight plan, and from reading reports its meant to help weight loss overall anyway!

Just wondered what your experiences are with it?

The scales will tell all for me Friday morning :D

I'm not sure tbh. I started drinking it around the same time that I started eating healthier so I don't know if it's the green tea or just the better eating that's done it. I had a minor increase last week and I didn't drink it all week cos I'd run out and kept forgetting to buy more, so there might be something in it. I think, like everything, it's probably helpful as part of a healthy balanced diet.

I dont really have any solid proof either way lol. I think there is a slight chance that it helps curb my appetite, though that may just be the warmness of the drink?

I read its full of antioxidants anyways so guess theres no harm chugging a few cups a day :)

You're both still eating though as part of your diet plans though arent you?
I'm on Cambridge, where no food is eaten at all, just liquid shakes, so maybe the green tea will affect me differently.. i think i'll have a big loss tomorrow so we shall see x

Yea, I haven't replaced snacks with yea or anything like that, I'm eating to the WW plan the ordinary way and drinking green tea mainly instead of regular tea at the office

I think the important thing is whether or not you like the taste of green tea! I drink it mainly because I like it more than the vending machine tea at work rather than because of the weight loss aspect. I figure that if you DO actually like it, it won't hurt to drink it even if it doesn't affect your weight loss.

I drink it purely to detox my body, make my skin better & calm me down :) Which its doing all of those things.

I drink green tea with mint to help detoxify me and help with digestion. I dont think it can physically remove fat from your body but it probably can help in removing toxins that cause orange peel etc. Calcium is good at stopping the absorption of fat but if you cant have any dairy it might be hard for you to get that in your diet... and i suppose youre not eating fat anyways.... i am waffling!

To to conclude... green tea = good but not a weight loss miracle

hehe :D

Kate

I drink it as and when, like if I've just eaten but still feel peckish. Sometimes I can go days without a cup though :eek:

Think theres random nutrients/antioxidant things in the Cambridge stuff too though yeah? So either way you'll be good to go!

Tetley green tea with honey is lovely...and as it is more of a honey extract, its not sweet or calorie loaded..its just like a normal tea bag, diet wise!

hugs
Jo

Not allowed that on Cambridge,
but deffo going to stick to green tea one or two a day :)

Ummm.... green tea helps me with weight loss but for all the wrong reasons: it gives me terrible diarrhoea! :sick0019: Too much information, I know *lol*

All kinds of tea help me with my weight loss, as I can't drink beer at the same time... ;)

I'd like to try green tea. Im not a massive fan of regular tea and I'm trying to get away from coffee plus I like Kate's suggestion that it might flush out nasty things and help the orange peel :) oh and I'm always freezing so need something to heat me up :)

So.... What green tea are you all drinking? Do I just buy it in bags like regular tea? Can i get it at the supermarche?? God I need to get out more lol ta :) x

I've been taking green tea fat buner capsules for the last three weeks and can say they have helped me to lose some weight. Since they were fairly low cost, I wasn't expecting much, but must say I have been very happy with the results.

Twinnings Original green tea :) 3 mugs a day!

from what I've heard it does reduce appetite and help flush all the nasty toxins away which make you bloated so it does some good:)

I don't like green tea much, but I started drinking it for a while when I had a Japanese boyfriend - the Japanese drink green tea like we drink black tea. I don't remember if it affected my weight much but I think it made my skin better, I should start drinking it again ...

Back