Has it changed much in 10 yrs?

Lizwhite29

Gold Member
Hi,

Would like some help plz :)

I done sw 10 yrs ago and managed to lose 3 stone and keep it off for about 6 yrs but over the last 4 have put it back plus a bit more. I'm currently doing the Cambridge diet for a few weeks to get a chunk of the weight off and have been fine but miss eating. My plan is to lose 2-2&half stone then go back to slimming world to get the last bit off and get in the healthy eating mind set again. However I've just been having a look at sw and it seems to have changed so much, I use to love the red and green days, was never hungray. New about all the syns and healthy extras plus the free foods etc. is the diet now so much different to before? I've also heard that a lot of the free foods like tinned macaroni cheese as an example are no longer free on a green day.

Would appreiciate any feedback from anyone who's done the old and new ways plz? X

Oh yes - it's completely changed! Best thing you could do is get yourself off to class and find out about it that way.

There is a whole new plan called extra easy where you can anything that's free on green and red - together! There's much more emphasis placed on cooking from scratch so a lot of the things that were free like campbells meatballs, macaroni cheese, and spaghetti bol are not free any more. More emphasis on getting in your fruit and veg to promote better losses. New rules about 'food abuse' or 'tweaking' that probably originate from the old days when we used to blend macaroni cheese to get a cheese sauce lol.

Lots of changes to healthy extras as well - if you do red or green you can have two HEa options now, a lot of the amounts have changed and you can split your HEs in two. You can save your syns from one day to the next now as well, which works for some people but not others but might be worth trying.

And talking of syns some things that were synned are now free (stock and tomato puree) while others are synned (quorn sausages).

So lots of new stuff to take in but you'll soon be back in the swing of things :)

Thanks for this.

Couple of questions if you don't mind plz.

Do the red and green days still exist on there own with loads of free foods? And this new one extra easy is in addition?

Is all quorn now syns? I'm not a veggie but loved the burgers etc on a green day :)

Are muller lights still free? And also natural yog? Oh and cottage cheese?

Thanks in advance. Thinking I'm goin to do a few more weeks on Cambridge and then change to sw.

Yes you can still do red or green if you want to but the emphasis is very much on extra easy and pretty much everyone does that to start with if they are not vegetarian. There's a newbies thread in the sticky section above that explains all about the three plans.

Your basic quorn stuff is still free its just the recipe for the sausages changes and the syns went up - the burgers are half a syn each by the way. Lots of mullerlights are free (check out the threads in the syn values sub-forum for specifics) and yes fat free natural yogurt and cottage cheese are still free.

Good luck!

I think if your intention is to come off a VLCD and go onto Slimming World, you should probably ignore EE for now and do a week of red, then maybe start to introduce EE or green - this will give your body a chance to get used to foods again and minimise any gain from the switch. I think there was a lady here posting recently who had done that and actually managed to lose during the first week of the switch because she had gone on to red which I believe is not that far removed from the refeeding process. So I would primarily brush up on the red plan, and then you can start to relearn the others once you are back established on food again.

Thanks for the replys.

I am def going to join in a couple of weeks. I loved doing sw.

MadameLaMinx - I am def going to do red to start to ease myself back into it. Did you lose all your weight on slimming world?

Back