HATE to ask but so need the motivation :(

:mad: So started exante last week didnt last the day :cry:
so tried again yesterday was keeping myself occupied did well then ate at tea i was like wtf what a waste so today i havent even tried im so mad with myself i know usually day 3-4 are my bad days but noticing when i restart its day 1 thats the bad one once i get past it im ok
so point being how the hell and why the hell do i eat as soon as its tea dont even think i was hungry i just kept arguing with myself i know this is the only diet for me ive tried all the others and there all well not crap but hell there slow i have 6 weeks supply in the cupboard my blender at the ready but motivation out of the window every night i sit down and remember all the reasons im doing this i have 7 stone 2 lbs to lose so not looking for a quick fix for a stone im just so pissed at myself for giving in when the evening kicks in:mad::mad:
what to do???

I'm sorry your feeling like this, but only you can make the decision to start and stick with it! you are only answerable to yourself!
Try and focus on why you want to lose this weight, and remember we are already in February, another 3 months and we're into May and the good weather. Just think stick with it and you could have at least 3 stone gone by then :) Good luck I know it's hard, but it's not impossible! :)

Hiya,

It's not easy breaking habits and sometimes thats what it is we eat because all of sudden our brains reckonises its tea time so we start to think about food.
I try to keep myself busy around times like that cross stitch, reading looking in catalogues and imagining my self in some slinky little number 2 stone lighter lol, just to try and beak the habit of the associating food with "that" time.
Good luck!... its hard but once over that first day of avoiding food you know your on your way to a happier slinkier you!! x

Hi, I think you have to begin again with baby steps. Start by telling yourself you can do one day (and you can) then when you wake up the next morning just think how fab you will feel, then double that day to two. By day three you will be on one of the hardest days and almost half way through your first week!
YES, I know you know this but it worked for me the first week and now I am almost at the end of week three and feel so pleased that I have not gone into February without doing anything about my fatiness!
I think you have to weigh things up in your head and really be in th right frame of mind, it is only you who can do it.........there is NO time like the present. I say just go for it! Starlight said that think of the sachets as medicine to make your body better.
Masses of good luck and willpower - do you really want to wake up another morning kicking yourself for not starting and feeling guilty?
xoxo

:character00238:Hi Scarymovie,

You need to re focus and re evaluate your aim and goals.
Not sure if my advise will be any use but here we go.

You seem to set you start target to high to start from, so you need to re think the start point.

* Plan the date you want to start the main diet (Exante Total) then work back may be 5 days to a week.

* Then plan a pre diet plan, this can be cutting back on meal sizes and introducing meals from the Exante
Diet pack during the day. This will allow you to gradually accept the changes.

Not sure if this will help. Hope that you can find the motivation to start again.
So think how to approach this and hopefully you will succeed, I hope you do.

All the best
Rob

Its a very difficult diet to do if your head isn't in the right place, you can't just attempt it and then hope that somehow you'll glide through, you really need to know and BELIEVE why you want it, eyes on the prize and eye of the tiger! Its mentally harder than it is physically...!

Get the worst picture of you, and put it up on the fridge, and on your wardrobe, and everytime you reach for them big clothes, you'll see yourself, and everytime you think "meh cba with this anymore I fancy a burger" and you reach for the fridge, you'll see yourself!

Take your time, make sure you and mentally ready, make sure you know what you need to do, and just do it :) like someone said earlier only you can do this!

i agree that the 'baby steps' idea is a good way forward. I also think that you may be focussing too much on how much you have to lose. Just take one day at a time and set yourself mini goals - which could be to get through day one, then day two until the end of one week.

Then set some small WL targets - maybe set up two tickers in your signature. One with the first mini target and one with the total one.

In the end your head really has to be in the right place for this -because otherwise you won't stick to it. I struggled getting started this time and it wasn't easy -but 4 weeks in I'm really glad I did. I did the small steps thing (and it worked for me).

Yes it's hard am feeling too but keep going. they say a habit becomes a habit after 11 times apparently. it gets easier each day...... i have a lot to loose as well but as the others have said on this thread, i'm trying to break it down into mini goals and mini weight targets
e.g. loose 7lbs, then 1 stone, drop a dress size etc... not updaing any goals past the first few until i'm almost done with these initial ones........... have split some of my packs to save 1/2 for later in day - find half a bar or half a shake hot with coffee works in the morning fine, then i can save those to eat tea timeish and still have a shake or soup or porridge for an evening meal........ GOOD LUCK

thank you all for the great advice i have been eating 1 meal and 2 shakes for 3 days now and downing the water :) so today am on 100% was good to feel full before id finished my tea last night so i know i m good for today as im listening to yu all :) im setting myself smaller goals i was thinking god how long is it gonna take to lose 7 stone :) now im doing a stone at a time going to do the two tickers as suggested and working one day at a time xxx thank you all

Small goals are a big key to this, if you set a goal that is so far away you get bored and give in. My first goal was to get through 1 day 100% then it was a week 100%. Then lose a stone which I hit rally quickly. Im now working towards losing two stone.

You will get there, you need to focus on it and give it your all! Dont give into food thoughts, as soon as you start thinking about food and eating block it out.
Write a list of things that are good about being overweight and things that are bad about it. Read it when you feel like caving.

baby steps and you will get there. Once your in the swing of things its a great diet!

Good on you Scarymovie! Every passing day is another day closer to your goal :)

Hey Scary,
if tea time is ur weakest time prepare well in advance,either stay out of the kitchen or have a shake just before u start preparing for the family...hang in there ,visualise tomorrow morning when u wake after having gotten through the day before,its a good feeling...good luck,jen

Hi Scarymovie,
Congrats on getting through the first 3 days, your now on your way so keep at it.. Just a thought if you find evenings the worst time why don't you save a bar or at least half a bar until the evening.
I have always had my first shake or porridge late morning around 11ish then around 3pm I have a boullion which is like having a cuppa soup. I then have my soup at 6ish and my bar with a cuppa later in the evening. Makes me feel as if I've had supper when in fact I have only had my daily allowance. Works for me, maybe something similar would suit you.. CS.........:D

Catscratch said:
Hi Scarymovie,
Congrats on getting through the first 3 days, your now on your way so keep at it.. Just a thought if you find evenings the worst time why don't you save a bar or at least half a bar until the evening.
I have always had my first shake or porridge late morning around 11ish then around 3pm I have a boullion which is like having a cuppa soup. I then have my soup at 6ish and my bar with a cuppa later in the evening. Makes me feel as if I've had supper when in fact I have only had my daily allowance. Works for me, maybe something similar would suit you.. CS.........:D

That's brilliant idea, thanks for sharing Hun! As me too am struggling in the evenings!!!

Back