Have a bit of a dilema-need advice!

Moisy

Hi,

I have to go on a weekend residential with 30 children from the school next Friday (21st). I will be away Friday to Sunday afternoon. Part of the experience is eating our meals together, pupils and teachers. Thing is I will be at the end of week 4-do you think it will be okay for me to eat with the pupils if I don't have anything too bad, as my week off TS and then go straight back on to TS on Monday?

Thanks for your help! x

You will put weight on but as long as you get straight back on it hopefully it will come off the week after - that's what I did last week x

You might not necessarily gain weight hun. If you keep your choices as close to low carb as you possibly can, you probably won't see a loss as you'll most likely get knocked out of ketosis. But I wouldn't expect a big gain.
If the food choices are limited to high carb stuff like cereal for breakfast, then it would be a tad tricky. But don't forget, in order to gain weight on a normal diet (i.e. high carbs) you'd have to eat more than 1700 - 2000kcals a day. So once you're out of ketosis, keep it really sensible. Maybe when it comes to the main cooked meal at teatime, so long as it's not all mashed up together, you might be able to leave as much of the high carb foods as possible on your plate. If anyone asks, you can always say you can't seem to handle the starchy foods well at the moment so you're steering clear of them. That's what I say. Very simple explanation which hardly ever solicits a reply.
Ok, wow, I've done some major rambling. I hope you can make sense of it all. Don't forget this weekend with the kids is real everyday life. Imaging you've reached your goal weight but had to go on this weekend. You might come back with either the same weight or a couple lbs on which will come of again straight away. Guess what. Happens to everyone, diet or no diet. So doing it and dealing with it will be a valuable learning curve.

Ok I shut up now :p

To help minimise the shock to the body of the over load of suddenly having 3 meals a day, do a short term refeed for the build up, like have 2 packs and a meal then 1 pack 2 meals for a few days before you hit the full 3 meals!

And as everyone's said keep it as low carb as you possibly can x

Thanks BeeBeeSee and Chelly for your advice. I have been on this trip before and it is geared up for feeding kids, although they do now have to be healthy so there is always a full salad bar on offer. I will stick to that and push anything naughty around my plate (although we tell the children not to do that!!) and maybe take a bar to have to keep my strength up-I will keep as many carbs out of the meals as possible!! Thanks again xx

Keep us updated on how things went. It must be quite daunting to have something like that weekend so early on in your journey. Well done for working out a battle plan rather than just throwing yourself off the wagon thinking blow it, I start again. Good for you :)

Thanks you too! I am really determined to do as little damage as possible. As for enjoying it, Chelly........I will try but a weekend with 30 excited, hyper children who are away from their parents and refuse to sleep at night! I am a glutton for punishment!! xx

You deserve a medal going away with all those kids lol

Have a great time

Hi snowboardette-I go this Friday-have to be honest I am not looking forward to breaking the diet and am quite annoyed that this has been forced on me in a way. I have stuck to the diet religiously for the last 4 weeks and feel okay with it. Think I am worried that eating will set me back so much that I wont get back on the diet. :confused: xx

You'll be able to recover it, even if you put on a pound or 2 this week, I bet you lose loads the week after. Don't beat yourself up x

Hey good luck for going away tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

You can do it :)

Thanks kittyperry, to be honest I am dreading it because I really, really don't want to come off the diet having come this far. But I have just been packing and my size 14 jeans are too big :D and my size 12 fit :D-granted they do have stretch in them but before I started I was wearing size 16 so really chuffed. Hopefully that will inspire me to get straight back on to TS on Monday-I want to wear size 12 with no stretch!!! xx

Thanks kittyperry, to be honest I am dreading it because I really, really don't want to come off the diet having come this far. But I have just been packing and my size 14 jeans are too big :D and my size 12 fit :D-granted they do have stretch in them but before I started I was wearing size 16 so really chuffed. Hopefully that will inspire me to get straight back on to TS on Monday-I want to wear size 12 with no stretch!!! xx
Hello doll,

Good luck with staying on plan during the time away and well done in getting into your size 12 jeans. I'm in size 16s and I can't wait to wear size 14, much less the 12s.

Okay! I am back now and back on TS. I tried to be as good as possible-had salad with all main meals instead of chips or potatoes. I had no puddings! I am not getting back on the scales until I have been back on TS for at least 3 days. I have surprised myself with how easily I got back on it today, so fingers crossed that the weekend hasn't caused too much damage! xx

Welcome back Moisy :) sounds like it went as well as you could have hoped! Good luck for first weigh in back on TS

Back