Have been good as gold but gained 2ibs???

lindseyloo

Hello, i was so chuffed on Sunday when i stepped in the scales and i was finally in the 10s!!! 10.13 to be exact. im 3 weeks in keto now and was feeling energetic and ready to get back to the gym ( i was very active before starting SS). I did body pump and then went and played touch rugby for a few hours with some friends. Ive got a bit of a dodgy hip at times and when i was tacked i went down on it - nothing major its just a bit sore.

Any way, couldnt wait to get on the scales yesterday morning only to discover that id gone back up to 11.1! Has this ever happend to anybody? im thinking maybe my body is holding some water because of my painful hip? My periods are constantly up and down anyway so i have no idea if its TOM. My scales are absolutly bang on so it cant be them - i did measure myself though and im down to a 37in belly which from what i can remember is a little less than last time i was measured by my cdc.

Any comments would be so welcome.
Ps - i will add though that a few months back i would of went on a mighty binge after that scale increase. But im not even tempted this time, i know that i have done everything right, and i just dont see the point in spoiling what has been a mega few weeks.

Yes it happened to me i was good as gold and gained 1lb and it upset me sooo much BUT i had done alot more exercise that week than i had done in a while and my cdc told me that i would of starting building muscle cos she measures my fat % as well and although i gained 1lb i had lost fat and had very good cm loss when i measured. So i see you have had a very active week and it could be down to that, besides its good to be toning your body up =) Oh and good for you for not getting down and having a binge!!

It's sooooo annoying when that happens. Are you doing ss? Sometimes when you're taking in so few calories and exercising the body goes in starvation mode and hangs on to every single calorie it can. You might be in danger of losing muscle as well. Have a chat to your CD and see what she reccommends. Good luck and well done for not succumbing to the dreaded binge monster:)

Back