Extra Easy Have I eaten the right food today?

BuzzyBee

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to Slimming World and still find it strange to be told that I can eat freely until I'm full from something other than celery and carrot sticks!

Will you please check if I've followed Extra Easy correctly? Thanks in advance.

* Breakfast:
3 boiled eggs
2 slices granary bread (Hovis 800g bread rather than 400g as I didn't have any and don't know whats the difference behind them apart from more slices of bread?!)
1 green apple
1 cup of tea with skimmed milk

* Lunch:
1 tin of tuna chunks in brine
220g Slimming World chips
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp tabasco sauce
1 WW Chocolate Mousse Cake

* Snack:
2 Quorn turkey and stuffing style slices.
1 slice malted WW bread
1 largish banana
1 cup of tea with skimmed milk

* Supper (planning to have:)
150g Quorn chicken style pieces
1/2 a pouch of blue dragon oyster sauce
1 bag of stir fry mixed vegs and mushrooms
1 portion Amoy straight to wok medium noodles
-------------------------
I would appreciate your comments and advice :)

there doesnt seem to be much veg there apart from in your evening meal. maybe try having some with each meal-it bulks it out-so you could have mushrooms with your breakie and some salad with your lunch?Also, are the slimming world chips from a packet?if so they need to be counted in syns. Hope that helps xx

Okey dokey! Now for the bad news!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Bread, Granary 28g
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 3½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse Cakes, twin pack, frozen 75g pot[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 7½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 7½ Syns
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Weight Watchers Malted Danish Bread, 400g sliced loaf 1 slice[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]

Don't panic! It's difficult at first, but to be honest forget ww's and go for just wholemeal rolls (morrisons are ok)
I think you would find it easier with extra easy. Ask your leader to go thro it with you or read the explananatory threads on here, excellent by Squiddie!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

There are syns in the amoy straight to wok noodles too, it depends on which ones you had, either 2 or 3, I know its not much but you can have dried ones free and use syns for something else. Don't worry too much the plan is fantastic and it takes us all a while to get used to it. As someone else said make sure you have plentu of veg with your meals. It will become a habit soon, good luck with your losses in the future and always ask if you have a question - someone on here will be happy to help.

Only certain bread is a HEB, granary isn't on the list as far as I can remember. I always use wholemeal or WW bread.
It has to be from a small 400g loaf because the slices are smaller than from a larger 800g loaf.
Whatever! It was your first day, so just get it right from today and it'll be fine.

Yes I'm afraid granary bread doesn't have as much fibre as wholemeal.

Also, some more bad news if this is the sauce you used:

Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauce, Oyster & Spring Onion, ambient 120g sachet

red.gif
Original 6½ Syns
green.gif
Green 6½ Syns

As the others have said it's your first dayso it will be confusing so probably best to check any syn values before you eat until you get the hand of things. Good luck!

Back