Have I got this right?

peacelily

Silver Member
Been doing SW 3 weeks and lost 3lbs first week, 0.5 second and think I haven't lost this week and was wondering about mixing things up a bit. Am I right in thinking that red days are plenty of meat, fruit and veg with up to 2HexA's and 2HexB's and if I want any potatoes rice or pasta I have to syn them. Have gone through the book but it's a little confusing. Reading other folks threads they seem to get good results from mixing it up a bit and I know I'm very carb sensitive and still feel like I'm suffering from bloat after eating them (including fruit). Think if I try to cut them out I might not be so ahem...gassy! I made superspeed soup and think I could power a superspeed plane with the gas I produce!!! Any help appreciated :)

are you having your 1/3 superfree because that makes a HUGE difference for me with weightloss

and are you drinking enough water as water is your best friend when dieting

also its only been a few weeks and overall you have lost more than a lb a week which is pretty good

sw is not a quick fix diet and weightloss takes time ive lost a total of 2 st since jan on ee

i have never made the soups as i hate them and dont find soup fills me for long maybe try different foods to fill you up i love my syn free tatziki and crudites

try to give it a bit longer before you decide ee is not for you

Yes been meticulous about the 1/3 superfree and drinking lots - not always just water but do drink water too. Funny you mention the syn free tzatziki as I just had the thought I'd try to make some this morning and have it waiting in the fridge. I have been feeling unusually uncomfortably bloated over the last 3 weeks and want to have a go at the red days to see if it helps. Don't think I'll give up on EE but may try to throw in some reds too. I am trying to still make sure I'm at least 1/3 superfree with the red. Also not expecting massive losses as I never lose weight quickly but am really hoping that I lose at least 1/2-1lb a week and don't want to fall into STS some weeks. A steady slow loss will suit me fine. Thanks for thoughts.

hey
im just into my 3rd week i only lost 0.5 first week and 3 last week, i struggle with bloatiness too its a pain the behind lol!! I dont know how long am going to give sw before I decide to stick or change :( good luck

You dont even know if you have stayed the same this week!
Wait until weigh in to see what's happened. If you suffer from bloating try to drink more water.
Some people do suffer from bloating, it's finding the trigger but water really does help

bread was a bloating trigger for me white bread especially and certain veg (mainly cabbage) but i now avoid those things i found that when i first upped my fruit and veg i was bloated alot because by body just wasnt used to it

jaylou said:
You dont even know if you have stayed the same this week!
Wait until weigh in to see what's happened. If you suffer from bloating try to drink more water.
Some people do suffer from bloating, it's finding the trigger but water really does help

Thanks jaylou but no point in me sticking with something that's making me feel so uncomfortable. Not talking about a little bit of wind, its painful discomfort. I do drink lots and not just water but also red bush and decaf tea and green tea. I don't have caffeine as I suffer from headaches. I think it would be better for me to switch over and feel better from time to time rather than feel so awful that I get demotivated and give up. I think beans, bread and some fruit, though I haven't worked out which exactly, are to blame. For me it's not so much about the loss as I know I will lose slowly but surely and I'm happy with that, its the fact that I've tried to do some red days and it turns out I just feel better when I do them. I just wanted to make sure I'm following the diet properly and that's what my main post was about. I know lots of people who are doing EE and feel great, just not me at the mo so maybe if I do a few of each, I was thinking it might help.

Do you eat white refined carbs (I.e white pasta, potatoes, white rice etc)? if so it might be worth switching to whole grain ones instead which are not only better for your health but will prob help with the bloating too.

BritMumInCanada said:
Do you eat white refined carbs (I.e white pasta, potatoes, white rice etc)? if so it might be worth switching to whole grain ones instead which are not only better for your health but will prob help with the bloating too.

Thank you. I have brown rice and wholemeal bread but white pasta so will give the wholemeal pasta a try and also am thinking that maybe a switch to new potatoes may help. Am really finding that red days are better for me so limiting in the short term seems to be working.

Before pregnancy I found that reducing carbs was my way forward and I lost a lot of weight (5.5 stone in total).

I then had a little diversion to WW and found that my portions on SW were huge in comparison. Now i am back on SW, i think i have adopted a different approach to my meal sizes and this has helped me. I think having superfree on a third (sometimes even half) the plate is something i find helps too.

Drinking water with crushed lemon in debloated me as well. Delish to say the least!

Best of luck x

Yes am drinking lemon water in the morning and like you am loving it. Like it with 2 lemons in a tall glass filled with water and no sweetener. I didn't have any yesterday as had run out of lemons and don't like the jiffy stuff and did feel more bloated. But also had an EE day and often feel that way on those days.

Back