Have I ruined my first week?? Can anybody help please?!

vicwana

Hello, I really hope this is in the right place. Obviously I am new to the site, I started slimming world this week and I have been eating loads of those shape delights rhubarb and apple crumble yoghurts. They came up at 1/2 a syn on the slimming world website but when I checked them on the calculator they came up at 4 syns!!

So which is it 4 or 1/2? Im really worried ive eaten 3 today!

Thankyou :) xx

We're they in syns online?
If they are showing up at 0.5 syns then that should be right.

Even if they were 4 syns each your still within your weekly syns allowance so I wouldn't panic too much xxx

Yes on the slimming world website. I would be ok if I hadnt already had 10 syns before the yoghurt. Stupid but im a bit gutted id really been trying! x

Sounds like you forgot to add the free food allowance for the yogurt at the start of the calculation hun so no need to panic :)

I always have them and have always counted them as 1/2 and that's what the syns online says! I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Aw thankyou, I did see that add as free food I wondered what it was for. Will look again. Thanks feel bit better already x

Ooo - they sound nice. Might get some of them!! (I never got the hang of using the syn calculator - it was that free food thingy that always muddled me as well). Glad that panic is over. Good luck for a great first week loss xx

Basically as jay says, if it is listed on syns online there is no need to use the calculator.
If you do need to use it look at the ingredients on the packet. If the very first ingredient listed is normally a free food on whatever plan you follow, select this on the drop down list as the free food- ONLY if it is the first thing as they are listed from greatest to smallest quantity. Then enter the nutrition info as indicated and this will give you the syn values. Hth

Basically as jay says, if it is listed on syns online there is no need to use the calculator.
If you do need to use it look at the ingredients on the packet. If the very first ingredient listed is normally a free food on whatever plan you follow, select this on the drop down list as the free food- ONLY if it is the first thing as they are listed from greatest to smallest quantity. Then enter the nutrition info as indicated and this will give you the syn values. Hth

I didn't realise it had to be the first thing on the list.

I worked out the value of a McDonalds festive burger by putting lettuce as a green free food (I'm guessing that wouldn't take much off anyway lol) and beef as a red day free food... do you think my calculation would be wrong then?

Yeah but although only EL mince is free, surely you could still use beef as a free ingriedient as the fat would be in the nutritional information? as if you had a pack of mince you could work out how many syns it was by putting beef as a free food and then putting the nutritional information in.

I hate the syns calculator... you think you've worked it out and it goes and throws a curveball like this lol.

Back