Have I Set The Bar Too Low??

Ms R

When I first started this diet (again) I thought about a goal weight and decided as I'm not very tall that I should go for a lower goal than what I got to the last time I successfully did this diet 4 years ago. I got down from 13st 8lb to 10st 5lb and I was in a size 10!!

My initial thoughts this time were if I got down to 9st 12lb then I would then be able to use 10st as my maximum weight so I was allowing myself 2lb grace for rimes when I may have a more heavy week than others. I thought that it would be easier for me to maintain my weight loss if I was strict in this way rather than getting to say 10st 5lb again because then I'd probably slip back up to 11st and then possibly more and be straight back to square 1.

Well now I'm actually thinking that at my current weight of 13st 6.5lb, I'm in a size 14 and I have my hourglass shape back again, is 9st 12lb maybe a bit too thin for me? I obviously have very heavy bones because people are in disbelief when I tell them my current weight and that I have a further 3st 6.5lb to lose and they say that I obviously carry the weight very well because they just can't see where I'm carrying it.

So do I reduce my goal weight now to 10st 5lb (which will mean a total weight loss of 5st 7lb) or do I keep my original goal knowing I'm probably going to have to stay on the diet over Christmas to achieve this and I will end up in a size 8! I could always lower it again if getting to 10st 5lb still feels too heavy for me and I could go back on LT after Christmas for a month?

What would you do if you were me? Answers on a postcard please :)

Well misses, if I was you firstly I'd change my goal weight to your original one that you were a size 10 in, makes it mentally more manageable. Then if you get there and are indeed a size 10 I would definitely stop, size 10 would be amazing, and the scales are irrelevant really. When you get there throw out all your bigger clothes and just go by those lovely size 10's if they ever start to feel a bit tight cut back a bit. I was obsessed with getting to 9st 6lbs then I kinda realised no body needs to know what weight I am but me, if I'm slim and healthy and a size 10 at 10 stone so what.
Ps i gained 2 lbs when I stopped but have lost 4 since so 2 down overall, I'm finding maintaining/ losing slowly pretty easy so far, long may it continue :)

I agree that we shouldn't always follow the scales but go more with how we feel and what the size of clothes feel right for us and our shape. It sounds like ideally you would like to finish LT by Xmas, that could be dangerous in that there's so much food around at that time of year you could go bananas! However knowing you from your posts I think you could deal sensibly with that. Why don't you see how you feel as we get closer to Xmas and make a decision nearer the time. You could go for a compromise of 10 stone dead. The thought of stopping just before my goal and then having to get back on it for another month would fill me with dread, I know I would rather just stick to it.

Best wishes.

BM

I think you should stop thinking about it altogether! Just stick to the diet until youre happy with what you see in the mirror, if that happens before you get under 10st then so much the better :) And if you do go under 10st and then decide you look too thin, well sure we all know how easy it is to put ON weight! I wouldn't be worrying about Christmas either, I plan to take a week off for it/New Years and then get back to the diet, if I put on a bit of weight from it then I'll just have to lose it again.

Well now I'm actually thinking that at my current weight of 13st 6.5lb, I'm in a size 14 and I have my hourglass shape back again, is 9st 12lb maybe a bit too thin for me? I obviously have very heavy bones because people are in disbelief when I tell them my current weight and that I have a further 3st 6.5lb to lose and they say that I obviously carry the weight very well because they just can't see where I'm carrying it.

So do I reduce my goal weight now to 10st 5lb (which will mean a total weight loss of 5st 7lb) or do I keep my original goal knowing I'm probably going to have to stay on the diet over Christmas to achieve this and I will end up in a size 8! I could always lower it again if getting to 10st 5lb still feels too heavy for me and I could go back on LT after Christmas for a month?

What would you do if you were me? Answers on a postcard please :)

In a word YES! We are the same height (give or take 1/2 an inch) and I set mygoal as 10 2lb - 10 7lb. Without going through that whole exercise thing again,I am happily sat here in size 10 trousers. I am a 10/12 depending on store andcut and I am a happy bunny.

Losing weight is the easy bit...maintaining is hard. I allow myself 5lb each way, which frankly is a good night out! I would love to be 9 2 and back to a very small size 8, HOWEVER I am no longer 22 (I know you all find that hard to believe:p). Mrs R I have this doubting suspicion that you are no longer 22 (in body but not in mind!!:D) either.

Honestly reduce it to 12 stone, see how you feel and then reduce to 11 and again see how you feel. You look so much better than you did when you started, in another month you will look even better, so numbers do not matter.

You know I am always right (ask my hubby:))

Big hug xx

Hi Mrs R,
I'm only on day 2 but I was looking at my goal weight also and to be honest i dont know how realistic that weight woould be for me....dont want to look too thin, gaunt ect
lol I know it probably seems mad for me too be even thinking about this now as i am only on day 2. But I have decided that I will have a mini or initial goal of 9st and see how that is for me. As I dont know what i will look like at either weight....havent been 9 st for over 7yrs. So will see how it suits me now a liitle bit older:) Being over weight takes from looks but being too skinny does too.

Dear all

I've decided to raise my goal weight to 10st 5lb. That's a half stone off my original goal. The last time I did this diet I got down to 10st 5lb and I was very thin indeed. Even though I'm 13st 2lb now, I'm in a size 14 and the waist bands on my trousers are starting to get loose on me. I am one of those people who really carry weight well. I have a heavy bone structure and I have an hour glass figure so I am very slim on my waist and I have curves, luckily, in the right places. So at 10st 5lb, despite this still putting me in the overweight BMI category, I am a very slim lady indeed. I will then refeed and possibly lose another couple of pound and then I will aim to maintain until the new year to give myself a chance to get used to my new slimmer size whilst eating and then if I feel I want to lose the other half stone, I can do that over a much longer period with sensible, calorie & fat controlled healthy eating.

So the good news is now....I'm half way to my goal!!!!! Yey!!! I now think that I shall be going to the ball....well actually having Christmas dinner with my family. Roll on Christmas!!

Very well done on getting halfway hun, thats brill! The second half should be even easier to stick to cuz you've already had results :) Bet you can just taste those size 10s!

To be honest, I'm finding it harder now. I think it could have something to do with the weather and the fact I'm always freezing. I feel like I've lost fat and gained rubber.....in the form of a permanently attached Hot Water Bottle!!!! I'm so cold in work too and it's hard to regulate the heating so feeling very sorry for myself indeed. My hands are frozen and I'm drinking so much tea to try and warm myself up.

I had my interim photos taken last night so can't wait to upload them to my file on the computer and compare them to the last 2 lots I've had taken. It will be good to see the end result when I compare all sets of photos (I have another 2 sets to do yet as they're taken every 4 weeks).

Ms R said:
To be honest, I'm finding it harder now. I think it could have something to do with the weather and the fact I'm always freezing. I feel like I've lost fat and gained rubber.....in the form of a permanently attached Hot Water Bottle!!!! I'm so cold in work too and it's hard to regulate the heating so feeling very sorry for myself indeed. My hands are frozen and I'm drinking so much tea to try and warm).

i can relate

Back