Have just made a decision - I'm defecting - advise needed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 13 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm going to change from LighterLife to Cambridge Diet.

I haven't been happy with my LLC or with the group sessions. Now, I'm told I can't take my packs on holiday to NZ and Australia as they contain milk products (all except one bar) and it risks foot and mouth entering those countries if I take them (fair enough). I asked if I could buy a load of the bars not containing milk (enough to have two a day for 4 of my 5 week holiday) and I would then be able to better control my eating while away. I was told it is against protocol and I can't do that. So, I now face 5 weeks of going it alone when I still have 4 stone to lose.

I'm going to try to find a CDC and have them explain the different plans available to help me get through the holiday. I'll then stay on CD when I return from holiday.

Can anyone advise me on what type of questions I could ask when speaking to a CDC to help me determine if she/he is one of the better ones (like those of you who post on this site !) and NOT going to be like the one that Lil K has.

Thanks guys!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    omg my baby pressed enter lol

just edited

4. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I can not understand why you can not take the packs away with you... i would just put them in my suit case..

well done on choosing cdc......

5. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    One thing that might help Dancing - there are some lactose free CD packs (not many) so you could do say 790cal or 1000cal combining food and packs to get thru your hols. With regard to CDC just see how you get on. I knew Isobel was perfect for me when she allowed my introduction to last ages - we had a long chat, I didn't feel rushed at all. Also check the prices as there can be huge variation - for example mine charges the HQ recommended price which is 1.65 a pack, 1.85 a tetra and 1.90 a bar but some are much higher so it's a good thing to know from the off!

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh thanks Kerrie, you are right - good idea to know the recommended prices first! And the lactose free packs sound promising. I also know that Cambridge is in NZ and Australia (but not LL) so I should be able to buy some out there too.

Amethyst, I know what you are saying, but I respect the approach Australia and NZ have to keeping their environment and animals disease free. So if they so don't take them, I won't be taking them. (lol about your baby typing away!)

7. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know there is definately lactose free chocolate, chocolate orange and mushroom soup. Which they must allow if the restriction is based on the presence of dairy. As the packs aren't manufactured in the UK (I think!) you might also get round it that way?

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Also lactose free cappucino, and vanilla. Not sure about whether you could buy from an australian/NZ CDC unless you completed a medical form etc - they might have different rules/products too.

As far as finding a CDC - check around and see how you feel you get on with someone - there are plenty and having a good rapport is a definate plus. Yes each CDC can charge their own prices - so check that too.

Good luck - and have a great trip!

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well those flavours will keep me happy.

Can anyone tell me if I will have to have another form completed by my doctor in order to sign up to CD? Or will they accept that I'm on LL which needed one anyway - and I have 4 wkly blood pressure checks (although there is never a problem with mine but it is what is required by LL)

10. Bailey

Bailey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    You have to complete a medical questionnaire together with your CDC. Various high risk conditions mean you need to consult your doctor before starting but if you're generally fit and healthy then you don't need a medical.

11. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Ahhhhhh i am going to Oz in a few days!!! Did you ring the airport??? or how did you find out that you cant take the packs with you??????????

Taz x

12. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Providing you are not on any medication you will only need to fill in the MRF and not need a Dr signature....also your BMI is ok so there won't be a problem

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Taz

I contacted the Austrailian Quaranteen and Inspection service and they told me:
    Unfortunately due to the Foot and Mouth Disease outbreak in the UK products containing milk may not be bought into Australia if they are manufactured in the UK. So, it it is correct that CD packs aren't manufactured in the UK, you will be alright

14. Tazzi

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Right ill make sure to check that hang on.... I think their manufacturered in Europe somewhere.

Taz x

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hedgemag and Bailey - thanks, just don't want the hassle of the doctor again but sounds as though I won't need to. Sounding better and better - now need to find a CDC. Will follow up on that tomorrow

16. Tazzi

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    They are made in the Uk ahhhh. Ill have to check and see if i can take lactose free ones....even if it means living of chocolate and mushroom, and vanilla for 3 weeks.
    Taz x

17. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The packs are manufacured here in the UK..

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    230lb
    Current Weight:
    161lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    69lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    i think you can determine a good CDC by how quickly they respond to you, the way they respond when you call and thier time management in terms of appointments and product sale.
    i love my CDC she is so orgaised understanding and gets back to me within a few hours of calling and calls durning the week to find out how im going thier are alot of great CDC i hope you find one x

20. Tazzi

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    I just found out that they were manufactured here. Im going to ring customs tonight to find out if i can take lactose free ones.
    Taz x

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Taz, saw your other thread too. Let me know what they say about the Lactose free ones too!

Thanks. It would be costly to take them and then have officers discover them and confiscate them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.